Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I remember when this was all Project Fear 08:24 - Jul 13 with 1913 viewsSteve_M

The exact same benefits etc etc:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53383170

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-53380348

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:25 - Jul 13 with 1613 viewsDanTheMan

Easiest deal ever I heard.

Also definitely not going to be different rules for NI and the rest of the UK, they were "very clear" about that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:25 - Jul 13 with 1612 viewsKievthegreat

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:26 - Jul 13 with 1598 viewsKievthegreat

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:25 - Jul 13 by DanTheMan

Easiest deal ever I heard.

Also definitely not going to be different rules for NI and the rest of the UK, they were "very clear" about that.

And definitely won't be ANY customs checks on trade in the Irish sea.
I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:29 - Jul 13 with 1564 viewsartsbossbeard

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:59 - Jul 13 with 1498 viewsBasuco

With £705 million allocated to provide the customs facilities, £250 million for new IT for immigration staff and 500 extra staff at border controls, Brexit is already turning out to be very expensive. Project fear looks like it underestimated the costs and disruption of leaving the EU.
I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:01 - Jul 13 with 1492 viewsEdwardStone

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:59 - Jul 13 by Basuco

With £705 million allocated to provide the customs facilities, £250 million for new IT for immigration staff and 500 extra staff at border controls, Brexit is already turning out to be very expensive. Project fear looks like it underestimated the costs and disruption of leaving the EU.

Add in the cost of a new satellite system now that we have been booted off the Galileo project

The nutters will be needing to eat a large quantity of Humble Pie
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 10:09]
I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:24 - Jul 13 with 1445 viewsHerbivore

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 08:59 - Jul 13 by Basuco

I've not been able to fact check it but I've read a few times that the costs already laid out to make Brexit happen outweigh our entire net contribution to the EU since we joined. If true that is pretty staggering and we've not even fully left yet, which is when the real costs will start to hit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:26 - Jul 13 with 1436 viewslinhdi

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:01 - Jul 13 by EdwardStone

Add in the cost of a new satellite system now that we have been booted off the Galileo project

The nutters will be needing to eat a large quantity of Humble Pie
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 10:09]

They'll spit it out when they find out the pastry is made from ingredients imported from the EU.
Login to get fewer ads

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:29 - Jul 13 with 1434 viewsSteve_M

And meanwhile Johnson's "oven ready deal", an international treaty was an unfair calumny imposed on Brexiters it seems:

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-uk-britain-boris-johnson-must-ditch-the-brex

"So toxic is the agreement that it would be quite legitimate in international law to repudiate the treaty, and that is exactly what the U.K. government should do if the EU refuses to adjust its implications."

The total failure of those who campaigned for and supported Brexit (not necessarily those who voted for it) to own their failures is infuriating. I mean these people have been driving government policy ever since June 2016 but, no, it's not their fault that reality doesn't match their unicorn fantasies.

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:40 - Jul 13 with 1400 viewsDanTheMan

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:29 - Jul 13 by Steve_M

And meanwhile Johnson's "oven ready deal", an international treaty was an unfair calumny imposed on Brexiters it seems:

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-uk-britain-boris-johnson-must-ditch-the-brex

"So toxic is the agreement that it would be quite legitimate in international law to repudiate the treaty, and that is exactly what the U.K. government should do if the EU refuses to adjust its implications."

The total failure of those who campaigned for and supported Brexit (not necessarily those who voted for it) to own their failures is infuriating. I mean these people have been driving government policy ever since June 2016 but, no, it's not their fault that reality doesn't match their unicorn fantasies.

What is it with people like that and talking about the war?

We're not at fooking war with the EU. The majority of them aren't even old enough to remember it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:41 - Jul 13 with 1395 viewsfooters

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:40 - Jul 13 by DanTheMan

We're not at fooking war with the EU. The majority of them aren't even old enough to remember it.

In their heads we're at all-out war with the EU, whereas in reality we're acting like a petulant toddler hitting out at a teacher and blowing raspberries. It's pathetic stuff.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 1361 viewsSwansea_Blue

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:24 - Jul 13 by Herbivore

I've not been able to fact check it but I've read a few times that the costs already laid out to make Brexit happen outweigh our entire net contribution to the EU since we joined. If true that is pretty staggering and we've not even fully left yet, which is when the real costs will start to hit.

There's been a semantic argument about that in the Twittersphere, which I've found utterly mind numbing.

It's hard to say what the cost, including lost growth, actually is. It may be somewhere up around the total membership contributions, but very much depends on how the retarded growth is calculated.

Bottom line, is the cost is significant, totally unnecessary and will get worse.

Stupid fkn idea.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:00 - Jul 13 with 1344 viewsjonbull88

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:24 - Jul 13 by Herbivore

I believe the fact about the amount spread is indeed true, but don’t worry we will be able to make up our own laws and make loads of trade deals. 🥴.

Now as a “remoaner”, it’s time to grab a drink and watch the fun start. It’s funny how most predicted this but got shot down, as some said you reap what you sow
I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:01 - Jul 13 with 1341 viewsSteve_M

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:40 - Jul 13 by DanTheMan

It seems to come from the generation that grew up on the 1950s war films above all else. The best of them are quite entertaining, rather nostalgic but not exactly history. People normally outgrow childhood stories though.

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:11 - Jul 13 with 1311 viewsSwansea_Blue

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 09:29 - Jul 13 by Steve_M

I've seen this a few times now, with some of the ERG using the same language. This is going to be the next Brexiteer attempt to hold everyone hostage by trying to force this Government to rip up the agreement it negotiated and signed (to a fanfare of tribal chest thumping).

They seem to think this is the key to getting a better arrangement with the EU! Absolute morons.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:20 - Jul 13 with 1301 viewsvapour_trail

This thread is just a bunch of libtard remoaners.

Where are all the outstanding patriots who hammered this board day in day out about the benefits of brexit britain?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:22 - Jul 13 with 1292 viewsfooters

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:20 - Jul 13 by vapour_trail

Where are all the outstanding patriots who hammered this board day in day out about the benefits of brexit britain?

Irkutsk.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:22 - Jul 13 with 1290 viewsHerbivore

Turns out most of them were nasty, petty racists that got themselves banned.

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:38 - Jul 13 with 1258 viewseireblue

I think some will insulate themselves using a sentiment such as “Brexit would have been good but it has been carried out by some incompetent politicians”.

However the leading politicians that advocated for Brexit, are the ones delivering it.

The principle objections to Brexit are independent of who carried it out.

It has not been a good idea badly executed, it is a bad idea that is being executed.
In choosing to get shoot in the knee, whether you negotiate the left or right leg, is somewhat academic.
I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:44 - Jul 13 with 1247 viewsSteve_M

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:38 - Jul 13 by eireblue

I think some will insulate themselves using a sentiment such as “Brexit would have been good but it has been carried out by some incompetent politicians”.

However the leading politicians that advocated for Brexit, are the ones delivering it.

The principle objections to Brexit are independent of who carried it out.

It has not been a good idea badly executed, it is a bad idea that is being executed.
In choosing to get shoot in the knee, whether you negotiate the left or right leg, is somewhat academic.

On your last paragraph, it's a bad idea but May had the opportunity for a pragmatic solution which would have been Single Market and Customs Union membership but outside the political structures of the EU ("What's so bad about being Norway?" as someone once said).

Personally I see that 'as a worse position than EU membership but it would have satisfied a narrow referendum result in favour of Leave. Instead she tacked to the Tory right and the opportunity for a compromise, 'bringing the country back together' was lost.

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:53 - Jul 13 with 1230 viewsHerbivore

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:44 - Jul 13 by Steve_M

On your last paragraph, it's a bad idea but May had the opportunity for a pragmatic solution which would have been Single Market and Customs Union membership but outside the political structures of the EU ("What's so bad about being Norway?" as someone once said).

Personally I see that 'as a worse position than EU membership but it would have satisfied a narrow referendum result in favour of Leave. Instead she tacked to the Tory right and the opportunity for a compromise, 'bringing the country back together' was lost.

Yep. No version of Brexit would be as good as staying in the EU but a half in/half out solution where we follow certain rules for ongoing single market access whilst being outside the EU as a political entity would have been a least bad compromise position. That got blown out of the water within weeks of the referendum and helped to further division and to entrench positions further and we're now left with a very limited range of terrible options that satisfy only a small minority of headbangers.

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 11:34 - Jul 13 with 1191 viewseireblue

I don’t think that was ever an option.

Single market = free movement of labour.

It was never in the gift of a UK politician, to decide what the EU would grant.

Doesn’t really matter if you have a competent UK politician, if the EU position is you can’t pick and choose which bits of the four elements of the single market you want.
I remember when this was all Project Fear on 12:35 - Jul 13 with 1105 viewsjeera

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 10:00 - Jul 13 by jonbull88

I believe the fact about the amount spread is indeed true, but don’t worry we will be able to make up our own laws and make loads of trade deals. 🥴.

Now as a “remoaner”, it’s time to grab a drink and watch the fun start. It’s funny how most predicted this but got shot down, as some said you reap what you sow

If I had a quid for each time I have heard that, "We need to be manufacturing our own stuff again..."

As though manufacturing has been banned in this country through membership.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 13:04 - Jul 13 with 1054 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

The problem is that Brexit has always been about a power grab and, once the referendum gave them the political power (and their backers the deregulation they craved) a practicable and equitable solution was never on the cards.

None of this lot care about supply chain issues affecting British industry and jobs, about rising costs for consumers, restricting the opportunities of young Brits etc. Or indeed about immigration and the NHS.

None of that affects them compared to the disaster capitalism/politics upside of shifting politics and the economy their way.

Pronouns: He/Him

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 16:57 - Jul 13 with 908 viewsbrogansnose

I remember when this was all Project Fear on 12:35 - Jul 13 by jeera

If I had a quid for each time I have heard that, "We need to be manufacturing our own stuff again..."

As though manufacturing has been banned in this country through membership.

Well, let's not forget that it was also about ' they come over here taking our jobs'. Thing is, when those jobs became 'available' , due to Corona , in the strong Brexit areas like Lincolnshire and the Fens, err, nobody actually wanted to do them.

Who would have thought that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024