Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks 10:12 - Jul 13 with 3550 viewsCoco

and i've noticed an ever growing amount of flag poles and Union flags. It made me wonder why this is and who on earth would want a bloody flag pole in their garden?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 10:21 - Jul 13 with 1707 viewsGeoffSentence

My neighbour for one. Though his is in the backgarden over looking the fields.

There's another chap down the road as well, though he's a bit of an odd ball with his flags, tends to fly a Suffolk flag rather than union jack.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:19 - Jul 13 with 1650 viewsfactual_blue

The Blue Passport Brexit Brigade.

Top rules for buying houses. Avoid any property where a nearby house has one (or more) of the following.

1. A flagpole
2. A basketball hoop above the garage door.
3.A trampoline in the garden
4. Too many cars.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:21 - Jul 13 with 1637 viewsclive_baker

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:19 - Jul 13 by factual_blue

Top rules for buying houses. Avoid any property where a nearby house has one (or more) of the following.

1. A flagpole
4. Too many cars.

What's your issue with a trampoline in the garden?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:31 - Jul 13 with 1610 viewsKeno

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 10:21 - Jul 13 by GeoffSentence

My neighbour for one. Though his is in the backgarden over looking the fields.

There's another chap down the road as well, though he's a bit of an odd ball with his flags, tends to fly a Suffolk flag rather than union jack.

Maybe his dream is the "popular peoples republic of Suffolk'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:46 - Jul 13 with 1588 viewsMeadowlark

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:19 - Jul 13 by factual_blue

1. A flagpole
4. Too many cars.

... and a hot tub.
Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:50 - Jul 13 with 1569 viewsSwansea_Blue

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:21 - Jul 13 by clive_baker

He's never been the same since that embarrassing incident with the trampoline, basketball and flag pole.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:51 - Jul 13 with 1561 viewsfooters

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:50 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

He's never been the same since that embarrassing incident with the trampoline, basketball and flag pole.

White men can't jump. As facters found out to his cost...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:51 - Jul 13 with 1558 viewsWeWereZombies

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:46 - Jul 13 by Meadowlark

... and a hot tub.

But especially a hot tub sited on top of a trampoline

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:52 - Jul 13 with 1555 viewsGeoffSentence

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:46 - Jul 13 by Meadowlark

... and a hot tub.

It is my nextdoor neighbout but one who has the flagpole.
My nextdoor neighbour ticks the too many cars box and hot tub box.
My nextdoor nighbour but two ticks the trampoline box.

My nextdoor neighbour actually has one-upped the trampoline neighbours by buying a bouncy castle. I can tell you from experience that a bouncy castle is worse than a trampoline since the blower makes a constant noise.

They also had a pony in the garden for a bit, not sure where that ranks on facter's list. It has made way for for the castle now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:55 - Jul 13 with 1537 viewsPinewoodblue

Demonstrates they have got their country back.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:56 - Jul 13 with 1538 viewsSwansea_Blue

I like to see national flags when I'm overseas. Scandinavian countries do them especially well, with people's summer houses all seemingly having a large flag pole in the front garden. But in England, the St George's Cross and the Union Jack seem to invoke the darker side of nationalism.

I don't know whether it's just me having these feelings. I suppose that's inevitable when these symbols have both been hijacked by a-holes, from hooligans to racists. It's a shame.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:56 - Jul 13 with 1534 viewsKeno

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:51 - Jul 13 by WeWereZombies

But especially a hot tub sited on top of a trampoline

But especially a hot tub sited on top of a trampoline, which is at the top of a flagpole

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 12:03 - Jul 13 with 1516 viewssolomon

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:52 - Jul 13 by GeoffSentence

My nextdoor neighbour actually has one-upped the trampoline neighbours by buying a bouncy castle. I can tell you from experience that a bouncy castle is worse than a trampoline since the blower makes a constant noise.

They also had a pony in the garden for a bit, not sure where that ranks on facter's list. It has made way for for the castle now.

Sounds like you need an estate agent, and quick.
Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 12:14 - Jul 13 with 1485 viewsEnigma_Blue

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:21 - Jul 13 by clive_baker

5. A beware of the dog sign.
Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 12:15 - Jul 13 with 1491 viewsMattinLondon

It’s because the liberal dominated media have said its racist to say you’re proud to be British. And it’s giving them a two-fingered salute. Or something like that.
Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 12:21 - Jul 13 with 1462 viewsKeno

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 12:14 - Jul 13 by Enigma_Blue

5. A beware of the dog sign.

f, anything green and yellow

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 12:31 - Jul 13 with 1425 viewsWeWereZombies

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:56 - Jul 13 by Keno

But especially a hot tub sited on top of a trampoline, which is at the top of a flagpole

with someone in the hot tub 'making it rain' into the hoop on the front of the garage...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:15 - Jul 13 with 1358 viewsfactual_blue

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:52 - Jul 13 by GeoffSentence

Was it a garden or a paddock?

If the former, then these neighbours will probably give you a good price for tarmaccing your drive.

Particularly if they've moved the pony into the living room.

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:19 - Jul 13 with 1336 viewsfactual_blue

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 11:51 - Jul 13 by footers

White men can't jump. As facters found out to his cost...

What makes you think I'm white?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:19 - Jul 13 with 1334 viewsTractorWood

1. A flagpole
4. Too many cars.

Agree with all of this. Hot tub is another warning sign of general rum'uns.

Also anyone who puts that fake AstroTurf in their garden.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 13:21]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:23 - Jul 13 with 1301 viewsfooters

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:19 - Jul 13 by TractorWood

Hot tubs are for blokes who want to get busy with their mates' wives under the bubbles. Don't trust 'em and their wandering hands. Also highly likely to be swingers.

I'll add anyone who still has crazy paving and palm trees to the list. It's the UK, we shouldn't have palm trees here.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 13:24]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:27 - Jul 13 with 1288 viewsEnigma_Blue

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:19 - Jul 13 by TractorWood

To be fair some elderly people have the fake lawn put in as they are not capable of maintaining it and can't afford to pay a gardener to do it.
Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:31 - Jul 13 with 1268 viewsTractorWood

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:27 - Jul 13 by Enigma_Blue

To be fair some elderly people have the fake lawn put in as they are not capable of maintaining it and can't afford to pay a gardener to do it.

Sure. Just talking about rum'uns here.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:34 - Jul 13 with 1252 viewsEnigma_Blue

Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:31 - Jul 13 by TractorWood

Sure. Just talking about rum'uns here.

Fair enough.
Flag poles - Driving through Suffolk's lovely villages the last few weeks on 13:38 - Jul 13 with 1222 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha, I knew I was going to fall foul of one of these eventually

Leave my Astroturf alone

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024