Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success 13:33 - Jul 13 with 1372 viewstractordownsouth

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-uk-britain-boris-johnson-must-ditch-the-brex

Former Tory MEP John Longworth "The Remainers will always be shamed for shackling the country to a poison pill: the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement"

Even for the Tories, that is a ridiculous deflection of responsibility. David Davis has been on twitter saying we should re-negotiate it, despite voting for it in parliament. And of course there were the headlines saying that Johnson himself wasn't happy with the deal he personally agreed with.

It shouldn't surprise me - they were always going to look for someone else to blame.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 13:39 - Jul 13 with 1334 viewsEdwardStone

I think their philosophical starting point is that they will take no responsibility for anything

And everything bad is always someone else's fault
Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 13:40 - Jul 13 with 1323 viewstractordownsouth

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 13:39 - Jul 13 by EdwardStone

I think their philosophical starting point is that they will take no responsibility for anything

And everything bad is always someone else's fault

The Conservatives - the party of personal responsibility

Lol

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 13:54 - Jul 13 with 1278 viewsitfc_bucks

Love the sheer xenophobia that drips out of every paragraph and it ticks so many of the Brexity, flag-shagger boxes.

*Anti German rehtoric
*WW2 references
*Johnson/Churchill comparisons
*Blames anyone but those who voted for it/lead the campaign

The only thing it misses really, is the word "Remoaner" or "Traitor".
Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 14:11 - Jul 13 with 1235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 13:54 - Jul 13 by itfc_bucks

Love the sheer xenophobia that drips out of every paragraph and it ticks so many of the Brexity, flag-shagger boxes.

*Anti German rehtoric
*WW2 references
*Johnson/Churchill comparisons
*Blames anyone but those who voted for it/lead the campaign

The only thing it misses really, is the word "Remoaner" or "Traitor".

It's staggeringly arse about face. Whinging that remainers shackled us to a deal that the chief architects of Brexit negotiated and the whole of the Tory party, including the rabid europhobic ERG group, passed in parliament.

They're bat sh*t crazy, unable to think beyond anything other than playing the victim. Even when they get what they want.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 14:55 - Jul 13 with 1185 viewsvilanovablue

Bit mystified as to how people who voted remain shackled the government to a poisonous deal. Was this not the deal that Johnson somewhat triumphantly negotiated? Now everyone has recognised it's likely to be tricky to leaving the EU everyone is now looking for someone to blame. I suspect that a Norway like deal sounds a lot more appealing now...
Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:02 - Jul 13 with 1163 viewsFixed_It

I thought we had an 'oven-ready' deal?! Have we been fooled?!?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:05 - Jul 13 with 1158 viewsfooters

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:02 - Jul 13 by Fixed_It

I thought we had an 'oven-ready' deal?! Have we been fooled?!?!

You see, what he meant by that was he was going to burn it to a crisp and throw it in the bin.

You didn't read between the lines at all, did you? Was obvious to me...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:19 - Jul 13 with 1120 viewsitfcjoe

I thought it was Oven Ready?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:26 - Jul 13 with 1104 viewsitfc_bucks

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 14:55 - Jul 13 by vilanovablue

Bit mystified as to how people who voted remain shackled the government to a poisonous deal. Was this not the deal that Johnson somewhat triumphantly negotiated? Now everyone has recognised it's likely to be tricky to leaving the EU everyone is now looking for someone to blame. I suspect that a Norway like deal sounds a lot more appealing now...

I think you'll find that remaining in the EU has always been the better plan.
Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:34 - Jul 13 with 1091 viewsDanTheMan

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:19 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

Problem is they wanted this:

But they only had this:
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 15:34]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 16:32 - Jul 13 with 1009 viewsfactual_blue

#getbehindyourbluepassport

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 17:14 - Jul 13 with 951 viewsvilanovablue

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:26 - Jul 13 by itfc_bucks

I think you'll find that remaining in the EU has always been the better plan.

Totally agree, for all it's faults and it undoubtedly has plenty the EU does a lot more good than harm. As Joni Mitchell sang "you don't know what you've got till it's gone"...
Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 18:18 - Jul 13 with 881 viewsfactual_blue

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:19 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

It's half-baked.

And wearing a bask.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 15:02 - Jul 14 with 713 viewstractordownsouth

Apparently it's my fault if Brexit isn't a success on 16:32 - Jul 13 by factual_blue

#getbehindyourbluepassport

Well yes quite, surely the ERG lot should stop talking the country down and get behind a red, white and blue Brexit.

No changing your mind after voting remember.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024