Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England V Windies 2nd test selection 19:06 - Jul 13 with 2560 viewshampstead_blue

https://ranked-list-images.files.bbci.co.uk/england-team-for-second-test-v-west-

Best (if I were picking an Irish rugby team). Burns as it's cricket.
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
Archer
Wood
Anderson

Buttler is shot and needs to rediscover his freedom. His drop in the second innings was village.
I've always been for the best gloveman. We should have had Chris Read, James Foster with them for the past twenty years.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 19:12]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 17:40 - Jul 15 with 441 viewsChrisd

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 17:38 - Jul 15 by IpswichKnight

They said they would rotate but didn’t think it would be this test. Broad will play now and I’d go for Robinson and keep the extra pace in the team.

Makes sense going with 4 seamers on this track, but who are the two that will miss out? Curran and Bess?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 17:47]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 18:00 - Jul 15 with 419 viewsIpswichKnight

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 17:40 - Jul 15 by Chrisd

Makes sense going with 4 seamers on this track, but who are the two that will miss out? Curran and Bess?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 17:47]

I’d keep Bess, Curran and Woakes to miss out for me, I could see Curran playing being a left arm gives us the option of swinging it into the pads of all those right handlers as well as a bit of rough for Bess.
England V Windies 2nd test selection on 18:39 - Jul 15 with 405 viewsChrisd

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 18:00 - Jul 15 by IpswichKnight

I’d keep Bess, Curran and Woakes to miss out for me, I could see Curran playing being a left arm gives us the option of swinging it into the pads of all those right handlers as well as a bit of rough for Bess.

Good shout there Ipswichknight! 👍

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 18:41 - Jul 15 with 402 viewsRadlett_blue

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 18:39 - Jul 15 by Chrisd

Good shout there Ipswichknight! 👍

The consensus is that Anderson & Wood are going to be replaced by Broad & Woakes. Rotating the fast bowlers was inevitable with England due to play 6 Tests in 7 weeks.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 20:08 - Jul 15 with 395 viewshampstead_blue

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 18:41 - Jul 15 by Radlett_blue

The consensus is that Anderson & Wood are going to be replaced by Broad & Woakes. Rotating the fast bowlers was inevitable with England due to play 6 Tests in 7 weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53419675

Seems as if you got that spot on.
Personally I didn't see Anderson's omission coming. I thought he'd want the games for rhythm and fitness.

Denley was inevitable. We all reach our limit and he found his. Have to say he is a proper player. See how fit he is, he's ripped and is a gun fielder at an age when others are getting lazy.

His attitude is to be admired.

Can't wait until my first game this Sat and the test!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:03 - Jul 16 with 369 viewsChrisd

Archer now not available for the 2nd test.

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:09 - Jul 16 with 366 viewsRadlett_blue

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:03 - Jul 16 by Chrisd

I can see why they want to play Archer, especially if there's a bit of pace in the wicket, as has been the case at OT in recent years. But important to use him sparingly as a strike bowler, rather than as a workhorse or he'll burn out.

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:17 - Jul 16 with 360 viewsSaleAway

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:03 - Jul 16 by Chrisd

"breach of bio-secure protocols"

oh dear...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:24 - Jul 16 with 341 viewsRadlett_blue

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:17 - Jul 16 by SaleAway

oh dear...

An air of inevitability about this, although at least he hasn't tested positive.

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:34 - Jul 16 with 328 viewspointofblue

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:17 - Jul 16 by SaleAway

oh dear...

Pity he isn’t a member of the government; they would have just changed the rules for him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:38 - Jul 16 with 323 viewssparks

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:09 - Jul 16 by Radlett_blue

I can see why they want to play Archer, especially if there's a bit of pace in the wicket, as has been the case at OT in recent years. But important to use him sparingly as a strike bowler, rather than as a workhorse or he'll burn out.

Not if he bowls mid 80s as he generally has since the end of last summer.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:43 - Jul 16 with 315 viewscatch74

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:38 - Jul 16 by sparks

Not if he bowls mid 80s as he generally has since the end of last summer.

Especially not if he breaks cricket lock down rules - he’s out now, so guess Wood will play instead.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:45 - Jul 16 with 310 viewssparks

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:43 - Jul 16 by catch74

Especially not if he breaks cricket lock down rules - he’s out now, so guess Wood will play instead.

The suggestion is it will be Curran and/or Woakes I think.

Which tells us that we are not actually looking to win these Tests, but are using them as prep for the Ashes. Which devalues them and disrespects the Windies who have come over in difficult circumstances to play,
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 8:46]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:53 - Jul 16 with 297 viewscatch74

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:45 - Jul 16 by sparks

Which tells us that we are not actually looking to win these Tests, but are using them as prep for the Ashes. Which devalues them and disrespects the Windies who have come over in difficult circumstances to play,

That’s interesting - Curran always seems to chip in and Woakes good in English conditions but what a change of attack between the tests. There is the fact that it’s back to back matches too. As you say gives the feeling of a trial match.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:57 - Jul 16 with 291 viewswellsy700

Our whole pace attack will now change from the last test (apart from Stokes). My guess is Broad, Woakes and Curran will come in or potentially Robinson instead of Curran. Certainly strengthens our batting down the order as well :)

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 09:12 - Jul 16 with 273 viewsChrisd

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:09 - Jul 16 by Radlett_blue

The Aussies got it right with Mitchell Johnson in the end, short, fast and hostile spells. When Archer is bowling high 80s to low 90s, it’s an invaluable weapon and he’s so deceptive. Anyhow, it gives another of our bowlers their opportunity to impress.

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 09:26 - Jul 16 with 266 viewsIpswichKnight

I don't think Wood was in the squad so not sure they can pick him. I hope they go for the pace of Robinson guys stats are ridiculous something like 152 wickets at 18 in the last 2 years in first class cricket.
England V Windies 2nd test selection on 09:29 - Jul 16 with 259 viewsgordon

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:57 - Jul 16 by wellsy700

Our whole pace attack will now change from the last test (apart from Stokes). My guess is Broad, Woakes and Curran will come in or potentially Robinson instead of Curran. Certainly strengthens our batting down the order as well :)

Yeah, suspect Woakes will end up playing over Curran because he's a bit more reliable/experienced if Robinson gets a debut. Quite an odd situation given how far down the pecking order Woakes might have thought he was.
England V Windies 2nd test selection on 09:32 - Jul 16 with 253 viewsRadlett_blue

England V Windies 2nd test selection on 08:45 - Jul 16 by sparks

Disagree. England face 6 Test matches in 7 weeks, so rotating the bowlers, especially the likes of Wood & Archer, is sensible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024