Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How's the UK pub thing going? 19:25 - Jul 13 with 3567 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well organized or a disaster? Spoke to a few London dwellers who seems to think it was working quite well but I was very curious if the estate type pubs are bothering with all that stuff? Not sure if anyone on here frequents them. I mean inside drinking and dinning was going well over here for a month so they said.... and then it caught up with everyone.

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:27 - Jul 13 with 3548 viewsHerbivore

Been to a few places and mostly going well. Well organised, turning away pissed people, maintaining social distancing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:29 - Jul 13 with 3529 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:27 - Jul 13 by Herbivore

Been to a few places and mostly going well. Well organised, turning away pissed people, maintaining social distancing.

I saw some footage where the people working in them weren't wearing masks which surprised me. The spread indoors can be fairly lethal i think compared to patios or beer gardens, that's what's causing most of the issue.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 19:31]
How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:33 - Jul 13 with 3478 viewsHerbivore

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:29 - Jul 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I saw some footage where the people working in them weren't wearing masks which surprised me. The spread indoors can be fairly lethal i think compared to patios or beer gardens, that's what's causing most of the issue.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 19:31]

The places I've been so far they've had masks or visors. Can't speak for everywhere. Yeah, that's mad if staff have no face coverings indoors.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:44 - Jul 13 with 3432 viewsShawsey

Depends where you live I guess. Soho London was a nightmare apparently, but I guess the local boozer was ok. Haven't been myself, yet.
How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:45 - Jul 13 with 3428 viewsBloomBlue

So far I've been to a few and all is fine, I'm even enjoying the table service.
How's the UK pub thing going? on 20:01 - Jul 13 with 3361 viewsJakeITFC

No bother anywhere from what I’ve seen - have turned up at places with bookings indoors, a quiet one indoors with no booking and a couple of pints outside, all with no drama.

From my experience the staff have been really well prepared and the punters have been generally respectful of that.
How's the UK pub thing going? on 20:10 - Jul 13 with 3310 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:45 - Jul 13 by BloomBlue

Yes that may change things for the better long term.
How's the UK pub thing going? on 20:13 - Jul 13 with 3284 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

How's the UK pub thing going? on 20:01 - Jul 13 by JakeITFC

No bother anywhere from what I’ve seen - have turned up at places with bookings indoors, a quiet one indoors with no booking and a couple of pints outside, all with no drama.

From my experience the staff have been really well prepared and the punters have been generally respectful of that.

Are you currently comfortable drinking and eating indoors with service and other people?
Login to get fewer ads

How's the UK pub thing going? on 20:23 - Jul 13 with 3259 viewsEastTownBlue

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:45 - Jul 13 by BloomBlue

The pub I visited at the weekend was very efficient with their table service.

Other than that it seemed to be pretty normal with just the hand sanitisers in various locations.
How's the UK pub thing going? on 21:18 - Jul 13 with 3136 viewsshouldistayorcounago

How's the UK pub thing going? on 19:33 - Jul 13 by Herbivore

The places I've been so far they've had masks or visors. Can't speak for everywhere. Yeah, that's mad if staff have no face coverings indoors.

My local hasn't changed a bit aside from signing in at the bar. No masks, no restrictions on tables, no cleaning stations (aside from in the bogs), still order at the bar and free to do as you wish.

We sat outside socially distanced at least...
How's the UK pub thing going? on 21:21 - Jul 13 with 3121 viewsjeera

How's the UK pub thing going? on 21:18 - Jul 13 by shouldistayorcounago

My local hasn't changed a bit aside from signing in at the bar. No masks, no restrictions on tables, no cleaning stations (aside from in the bogs), still order at the bar and free to do as you wish.

We sat outside socially distanced at least...

Sooner or later someone will report them and they'll maybe find themselves shut down.

Sounds irresponsible to me.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How's the UK pub thing going? on 23:31 - Jul 13 with 2988 viewsshouldistayorcounago

How's the UK pub thing going? on 21:21 - Jul 13 by jeera

Sooner or later someone will report them and they'll maybe find themselves shut down.

Sounds irresponsible to me.

Quite possibly. I think they just have the mentality that they're in a small village in Kent so nobody will be poking their nose about - we shall see. Was quite surprised when we called up and they said we didn't need to book, particularly when it was busy when we got there.

The superior local doesn't open for another few days anyway, but that's a Shepherd Neame so will undoubtedly be much more up to code.
How's the UK pub thing going? on 23:45 - Jul 13 with 2961 viewsGarv

I went for the first time at the weekend, for drinks. I walked in expecting to be seen on the way in, details taken etc. None of that, no masks or signage from what I could see. Wasn't a huge issue as they weren't overly busy and everyone seemed to be spaced out, but it surprised me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How's the UK pub thing going? on 23:48 - Jul 13 with 2958 viewsjeera

How's the UK pub thing going? on 23:45 - Jul 13 by Garv

I went for the first time at the weekend, for drinks. I walked in expecting to be seen on the way in, details taken etc. None of that, no masks or signage from what I could see. Wasn't a huge issue as they weren't overly busy and everyone seemed to be spaced out, but it surprised me.

"everyone seemed to be spaced out"

I suppose for some that was their first drink in a while.

How any can expect to be taken seriously whilst doing the bare minimum surprises me really.

You'd think they'd want to set the best example they possibly can.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How's the UK pub thing going? on 00:11 - Jul 14 with 2925 viewsSpruceMoose

How's the UK pub thing going? on 23:31 - Jul 13 by shouldistayorcounago

Quite possibly. I think they just have the mentality that they're in a small village in Kent so nobody will be poking their nose about - we shall see. Was quite surprised when we called up and they said we didn't need to book, particularly when it was busy when we got there.

The superior local doesn't open for another few days anyway, but that's a Shepherd Neame so will undoubtedly be much more up to code.

I have no idea how or why some people think they can side step reality just because they feel like it. Incredibly selfish, incredibly stupid, incredibly short sighted.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 0:13]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How's the UK pub thing going? on 00:48 - Jul 14 with 2878 viewswkj

How's the UK pub thing going? on 00:11 - Jul 14 by SpruceMoose

I have no idea how or why some people think they can side step reality just because they feel like it. Incredibly selfish, incredibly stupid, incredibly short sighted.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 0:13]

Oh Hi Spruce

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How's the UK pub thing going? on 01:58 - Jul 14 with 2848 viewsSpruceMoose

How's the UK pub thing going? on 00:48 - Jul 14 by wkj

Oh Hi Spruce

Don't you 'Hi Spruce' me. You don't call... You don't write...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How's the UK pub thing going? on 06:58 - Jul 14 with 2745 viewsbluelagos

First pub I went to had staff barking at me "get behind the line" as I approached the bar. Not even a 1/4 full but I guess it will take time for staff and punters to adopt new ways.

Second was a Sunday lunch at a country pub, really nice local, outdoor service. Wont say a roaring trade but they were busyish for Sunday dinner trade.

My local for the footie was disappointing. He has set up an outdoor screen but with the strong sunlight, you cant see it well. So not been back.

Not seen any evidence of poor social distancing but then I carried on past the evening the pub car park was rammed.

None of those pubs would be rammed ordinarily except maybe Sat evenings in the bar which is a time I have avoided.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How's the UK pub thing going? on 11:56 - Jul 14 with 2574 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I went to The Shamrock on Saturday. A really well run set up, reduced capacity, still a good crowd in, distancing obeyed at all times, sanitiser everywhere, no standing at the bar, screens up, doorman enforcing all this plus denying any pi55heads. Yet still had that pub vibe to it.

Was really impressed.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 11:57]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024