Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't get the Wycombe hate 21:41 - Jul 13 with 2047 viewswaveneyblue

They play to their strengths. No budget, tiny club and they've made the Championship.

Good on em
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 21:45 - Jul 13 with 1797 viewsSimonds92

Agreed! People were happy to give the Cowley's and Lincoln credit. This is a much greater achievement and they've got there from a lot of hard work, giving everything every game.
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 21:46 - Jul 13 with 1783 viewsHerbivore

They're a bunch of sh!t houses and they play zero football. I don't hate them but I certainly won't celebrate them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 21:51 - Jul 13 with 1761 viewsFtnfwest

Wycombe? I thought they weren't able to fulfil any more games
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 21:52 - Jul 13 with 1754 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't begrudge it for their fans or because of their budget etc, well done to them

I think it's the diving and time wasting which has rubbed us up the wrong way

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 22:09 - Jul 13 with 1673 viewsjudespiveyg

Because hoofing the ball the length of the field hoping it bounces off the centre forward in the right direction is unwatchable and doesn't deserve praise.

No one would enjoy watching football if every team played like that. Entertainment matters.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 22:11]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 22:37 - Jul 13 with 1577 viewsrgp1

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 22:09 - Jul 13 by judespiveyg

Because hoofing the ball the length of the field hoping it bounces off the centre forward in the right direction is unwatchable and doesn't deserve praise.

No one would enjoy watching football if every team played like that. Entertainment matters.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 22:11]

They played dirty and time wasting down here from the off, and at Wycombe their keeper was allowed to take a free kick 15 yards ahead of the foul committed from which they scored . Need I add any more?
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 22:49 - Jul 13 with 1532 viewsArnieM

Had Wycombe finished in the top 6 then fair doos . But they didn’t they were 8th and got given points by the EFL . They didn’t even want to play anymore games , until a play off place was handed to them on a plate . It’s an utter travesty and epitomises everything that’s wrong with the EFL.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 23:22 - Jul 13 with 1469 viewsshouldistayorcounago

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 22:49 - Jul 13 by ArnieM

Had Wycombe finished in the top 6 then fair doos . But they didn’t they were 8th and got given points by the EFL . They didn’t even want to play anymore games , until a play off place was handed to them on a plate . It’s an utter travesty and epitomises everything that’s wrong with the EFL.

They wouldn't have made the play offs even with the help of PPG if the ref and lino had a shred of credibility in our home fixture against them.

I hope they get a pounding next season but glad we don't have to play them again, exactly the sort of team we always inexplicably struggle against.

Also Gareth Ainsworth thinks he's Jesus
Login to get fewer ads

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 06:43 - Jul 14 with 1354 viewsm14_blue

Surely everyone agrees that PPG was the fairest way to do it?

Obviously it’s not perfect but it was clearly the least worst option.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 6:43]
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 06:57 - Jul 14 with 1329 viewsBlueBadger

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 21:46 - Jul 13 by Herbivore

They're a bunch of sh!t houses and they play zero football. I don't hate them but I certainly won't celebrate them.

My favourite part about the Wycombe love-in is seeing people who wanted Mick gone for allegedly playing the sort of football that's gotten Wycombe promoted praising them up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 07:10 - Jul 14 with 1299 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

They didn’t get given points, the table was ordered based on the number of points each team had actually gained from the games they had played, as that was the only logical way to settle a season in which teams had played a different number of games

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 07:13 - Jul 14 with 1295 viewssolomon

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 06:57 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

My favourite part about the Wycombe love-in is seeing people who wanted Mick gone for allegedly playing the sort of football that's gotten Wycombe promoted praising them up.

Hate them or admire them it makes no difference. We continue to go in the opposite direction.
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 08:28 - Jul 14 with 1222 viewsBlueBadger

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 07:13 - Jul 14 by solomon

Hate them or admire them it makes no difference. We continue to go in the opposite direction.

Yes, but The Football Is Better Now..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:06 - Jul 14 with 1165 viewsSteve_M

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 06:57 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

Mick's football wasn't as direct or cynical as Wycombe's approach. The level of sh1thousery they displayed this season was akin to Plucky Little Bournemouth a few years back. Wycombe have at least got promoted on a small budget.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:22 - Jul 14 with 1126 viewsjonbull88

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 06:43 - Jul 14 by m14_blue

Was ppg fair though? Wycombe like town were in a bad patch of form. Suspension of the league 2 weeks later and they’d not be in there.
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:24 - Jul 14 with 1109 viewsKeno

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:22 - Jul 14 by jonbull88

Was ppg fair though? Wycombe like town were in a bad patch of form. Suspension of the league 2 weeks later and they’d not be in there.

How long would you have had to wait for the season to be suspended before Town had a chance?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:26 - Jul 14 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:22 - Jul 14 by jonbull88

What would you propose instead? When sides have all played a different number of games I can't really see another solution that's better than PPG.

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:34 - Jul 14 with 1088 viewsjudespiveyg

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 06:43 - Jul 14 by m14_blue

I would have just cancelled the league and not had promotion. Coventry and Rotherham weren't anywhere near being guaranteed promotion.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 10:15 - Jul 14 with 1041 viewsJDB23

It will be interesting seeing the reactions all of the championship fans finding it funny congratulating them for being shthouses when they have to play them next year.

Still, you would expect them to get steamrolled in that division.
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 11:26 - Jul 14 with 987 viewsm14_blue

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:34 - Jul 14 by judespiveyg

I would have just cancelled the league and not had promotion. Coventry and Rotherham weren't anywhere near being guaranteed promotion.

I agree with that actually, if the season couldn't be finished then it should have been voided.

If they were determined to reach a conclusion though then I can't see a viable alternative to PPG.
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 13:09 - Jul 14 with 911 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Agreed.

I don't see how they can be allowed to vote to end the season because they think it is unsafe, and they can't afford to play on - but then be allowed to play three play off games. Ridiculous really.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 14:05 - Jul 14 with 865 viewsjonbull88

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 09:26 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

What would you propose instead? When sides have all played a different number of games I can't really see another solution that's better than PPG.

What would I have proposed? Waited and played the remainder of the season. Clubs crying over it costing £400k to finish the season, how much has it cost them not playing any football. For me now they’ve voted to curtail the season, to not lose all credibility they must not play without fans. With the season having to be finished by May due to the euros, it has been stated the season must start by the 12th September and I’m still sceptical whether we will be allowed in by then personally. So what’s the difference between playing behind closed doors in june/July and September/October. Also what’s the financial impact on these said clubs if they can’t get fans in till at least Christmas, (which has been my time thought all along) with the real prospect of no football till 21/22 and the furlough scheme ending in October.
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 14:11 - Jul 14 with 847 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 14:05 - Jul 14 by jonbull88

What would I have proposed? Waited and played the remainder of the season. Clubs crying over it costing £400k to finish the season, how much has it cost them not playing any football. For me now they’ve voted to curtail the season, to not lose all credibility they must not play without fans. With the season having to be finished by May due to the euros, it has been stated the season must start by the 12th September and I’m still sceptical whether we will be allowed in by then personally. So what’s the difference between playing behind closed doors in june/July and September/October. Also what’s the financial impact on these said clubs if they can’t get fans in till at least Christmas, (which has been my time thought all along) with the real prospect of no football till 21/22 and the furlough scheme ending in October.

I think i would tend to agree. I feel like the season may not even go ahead because presumably the fifteen or so clubs who couldn't afford to restart still can't - nothing has changed.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 14:14 - Jul 14 with 840 viewsLibero

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 14:11 - Jul 14 by JammyDodgerrr

I think i would tend to agree. I feel like the season may not even go ahead because presumably the fifteen or so clubs who couldn't afford to restart still can't - nothing has changed.

Promotion for the last teams standing in to a 33 team Championship?

Shall I book the open top bus now...
Don't get the Wycombe hate on 14:35 - Jul 14 with 810 viewsHerbivore

Don't get the Wycombe hate on 14:05 - Jul 14 by jonbull88

With the Championship and Premiership both restarting the lower leagues didn't really have the luxury of waiting indefinitely. A decision had to be taken. Personally I'd have voided the season but given that clubs wanted it to end but still have promotion and relegation then I don't really see a workable and more fair solution than PPG.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024