Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... 22:21 - Jul 13 with 947 viewsunstableblue

... and bureaucracy - just seen an estimate of annual customs documentation going from 50 million to 250 million

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:25 - Jul 13 with 922 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm shocked. How could this possibly be?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:34 - Jul 13 with 907 viewsElderGrizzly

£7bn a year

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:39 - Jul 13 with 890 viewsfactual_blue

But we'll have blue passports, a new hospital every week, and no foreigners, so don't be a Mr Misery Guts.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:49 - Jul 13 with 852 viewseastangliaisblue

They really didn't think this through did they?!
Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:53 - Jul 13 with 846 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. And that figure was released a couple of years ago.

Unfettered trade my @rse.

Pronouns: He/Him

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:55 - Jul 13 with 835 viewsDarth_Koont

The problem is that the people who REALLY want Brexit don't care about trade and industry but the movement of unregulated money.

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:57 - Jul 13 with 826 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:55 - Jul 13 by Darth_Koont

The problem is that the people who REALLY want Brexit don't care about trade and industry but the movement of unregulated money.

Well, and the removal of brown people from the UK, which thankfully Brexit won't help them with.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:06 - Jul 13 with 811 viewsjeera

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:57 - Jul 13 by SpruceMoose

Well, and the removal of brown people from the UK, which thankfully Brexit won't help them with.

I really need to stay out of the sun for a while.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:07 - Jul 13 with 810 viewsjeera

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:34 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

£7bn a year

That's like almost an entire years worth of EU membership.

That can't be right - that wouldn't make any sense at all.

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:09 - Jul 13 with 801 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:06 - Jul 13 by jeera

I really need to stay out of the sun for a while.

You'll be alright, in the kingdom of the Brexiteer, the pink man is king!

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:09 - Jul 13 with 803 viewsCoastalblue

What will this documentation be for? We've not actually got anybody to trade with as it currently stands have we?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:13 - Jul 13 with 793 viewsjeera

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:09 - Jul 13 by SpruceMoose

You'll be alright, in the kingdom of the Brexiteer, the pink man is king!

I don't go that funny shade though buh:

Wilfred Zaha tweet by jeera 12 Jul 2020 17:14
I've had many a story related to me about my mum and her siblings receiving abuse for their skin when they were children.

Their mum was Maltese so they were a shade or 2 darker than many of the other kids.

To be honest, I got it myself for having darker features when I was at a Primary school in Elmswell. A 6 year old being the 'P' word by other kids wasn't a nice start to school in Suffolk. Not that I knew what it meant or what 'one' was, but it clearly wasn't intended to be nice.

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:18 - Jul 13 with 781 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:13 - Jul 13 by jeera

I don't go that funny shade though buh:

Wilfred Zaha tweet by jeera 12 Jul 2020 17:14
I've had many a story related to me about my mum and her siblings receiving abuse for their skin when they were children.

Their mum was Maltese so they were a shade or 2 darker than many of the other kids.

To be honest, I got it myself for having darker features when I was at a Primary school in Elmswell. A 6 year old being the 'P' word by other kids wasn't a nice start to school in Suffolk. Not that I knew what it meant or what 'one' was, but it clearly wasn't intended to be nice.

I'm going to have to revise the fantasy Jeera I have in my mind then...

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:21 - Jul 13 with 775 viewsjeera

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:18 - Jul 13 by SpruceMoose

I'm going to have to revise the fantasy Jeera I have in my mind then...

You know how you start off out in life young and slim and good looking and staring at your older relatives thinking, "I'm never going to allow myself to look like that..."

Doesn't work does it?

I remember going on holiday to Malta and seeing all these short, slightly tubby brown blokes...

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:29 - Jul 13 with 754 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:33 - Jul 13 with 753 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:21 - Jul 13 by jeera

You know how you start off out in life young and slim and good looking and staring at your older relatives thinking, "I'm never going to allow myself to look like that..."

Doesn't work does it?

I remember going on holiday to Malta and seeing all these short, slightly tubby brown blokes...

"You know how you start off out in life young and slim and good looking..."

Imma stop you there. No. No, I do not.

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:42 - Jul 13 with 736 viewsjeera

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:33 - Jul 13 by SpruceMoose

"You know how you start off out in life young and slim and good looking..."

Imma stop you there. No. No, I do not.

Well I had that privilege for the first half of life, which is maybe why the disappointment has hit me so hard now.

I knew I should have married when I still had a chance!

But I got cocky.

Oh well, they're probably all overweight with receding hairlines now as well.

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:48 - Jul 13 with 728 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:07 - Jul 13 by jeera

Based on Govt estimate of numbers of customs declarations, needing 50,000 new customs officials. Gross cost to their employers (private sector of course) of £40k per year = £7bn per year. All to be passed on to the consumer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:51 - Jul 13 with 723 viewsjeera

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:48 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

Based on Govt estimate of numbers of customs declarations, needing 50,000 new customs officials. Gross cost to their employers (private sector of course) of £40k per year = £7bn per year. All to be passed on to the consumer.

Gav needs to sort a sarcasm emoji.

Edit: not a sarcastic one.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 23:52]

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 06:55 - Jul 14 with 628 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but the football will be much better because this a much more 'technical' government.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 06:58 - Jul 14 with 626 viewsBlueBadger

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:09 - Jul 13 by Coastalblue

What will this documentation be for? We've not actually got anybody to trade with as it currently stands have we?

The documentation is so we *can* do business with someone overseas..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 07:09 - Jul 14 with 616 viewsbluelagos

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:48 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

Small point of order. All that red tape/cost will be making our exports more expensive so will be born by the overseas consumers.

But we will be less competitve so the impact will be less manufacturing jobs as our exports are hit, and we employ less in those industries.

Of course our imports will be more expensive too and yeah we will pay for that (you and me, not the govt or UK business). Guess some of that may result in UK businness selling more so an upside of sorts.

It really is the complete opposite of what the free marketeers promised us, it is additional trade barriers with what is our biggest trading partners.

More paperwork, more cost, more time...protectionism and isolationism are apparently the way forward in an ever globalising trading world.

Wonder what Thatcher (who fought for the single market) would think of it all?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 07:23 - Jul 14 with 594 viewsElderGrizzly

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 23:07 - Jul 13 by jeera

Yeah but they’re our forms and processes. Rule Britannia...
Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 10:57 - Jul 14 with 490 viewsDarth_Koont

Do you remember when Brexiteers stated leaving Europe would cut red tape... on 22:57 - Jul 13 by SpruceMoose

Was thinking about the backers but yes, that's also true.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024