Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine 22:33 - Jul 13 with 20427 viewsElderGrizzly

About time too.

Pubs next?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:32 - Jul 15 with 2475 viewsSpruceMoose

Good to see the Blitz spirit alive and well in Blighty. Unless you have health issues just choose between wearing a mask or staying home. It’s not complicated.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:37 - Jul 15 with 2459 viewsjeera

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:32 - Jul 15 by SpruceMoose

Good to see the Blitz spirit alive and well in Blighty. Unless you have health issues just choose between wearing a mask or staying home. It’s not complicated.

You've got your own problems mate.

Have you seen Dan's thread?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:44 - Jul 15 with 2445 viewsEwan_Oozami

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:47 - Jul 14 by eireblue

For people that don’t like masks, or have weird ears, try something like

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycle/neck-tubes/

Bloody marvellous things they are! Good quality cycling winter clothing is one of the wonders of the modern world!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:47 - Jul 15 with 2434 viewsSpruceMoose

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:37 - Jul 15 by jeera

You've got your own problems mate.

Have you seen Dan's thread?

Quite! But I feel you lot should be setting a slightly higher level of expectation than just 'Do better than the US'!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:59 - Jul 15 with 2407 viewsEwan_Oozami

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:56 - Jul 15 by Ryorry

I'd love a review thread for face masks, including photos.

That's just encouraging the fetishists that is!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 20:04 - Jul 15 with 2357 viewsjeera

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:47 - Jul 15 by SpruceMoose

Quite! But I feel you lot should be setting a slightly higher level of expectation than just 'Do better than the US'!

I dunno, not a lot makes much sense anymore.

Being a smidge better than the Americans might end up being all we can cling onto.

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:01 - Jul 15 with 2309 viewsjaykay

i remember in 1983 people saying i can't wear a seat belt. because i have bad shoulder , bad chest and many other excuses. same when you couldn't drink drive, it will kill the pub trade etc.
when things are introduced which aren't the norm, to help prevent illness etc people will always find fault.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:16 - Jul 15 with 2290 viewsEly_Blue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:01 - Jul 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s not wrong though, it clearly isn’t practical. If gyms are not deemed safe to open without a mask then they shouldn’t be opened

I also can’t see that anyone has demanded they should be allowed into them without one, just various posters saying they won’t use them and will cancel memberships if this is the case, which is completely understandable

So I’ll say it again, why is it safe or expected that it’s ok to go to the gym without a face vovering where exercise will cause your breathing to be heavier and particles to travel further, does Covid 19 no count in gyms? Will the guy you exercise with or near not be going to see his vulnerable granny to drop her shopping off or will everyone self isolate after the gym?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:22 - Jul 15 with 2278 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:16 - Jul 15 by Ely_Blue

So I’ll say it again, why is it safe or expected that it’s ok to go to the gym without a face vovering where exercise will cause your breathing to be heavier and particles to travel further, does Covid 19 no count in gyms? Will the guy you exercise with or near not be going to see his vulnerable granny to drop her shopping off or will everyone self isolate after the gym?

No one has actually said they think it’s safe or demanded to go to the gym without a covering though

Other than that, great question

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:44 - Jul 15 with 2250 viewsEly_Blue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:22 - Jul 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No one has actually said they think it’s safe or demanded to go to the gym without a covering though

Other than that, great question

Where did I say people were demanding to go to the gym without a mask?

I have however seen plenty of people in this thread say that it is impossible or you can’t go to the gym in a mask but not one of those people has commented with a reasoned response to badger who goes to work in a physically demanding environment for 12 hours per day wearing a mask

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:49 - Jul 16 with 2202 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:44 - Jul 15 by Ely_Blue

Where did I say people were demanding to go to the gym without a mask?

I have however seen plenty of people in this thread say that it is impossible or you can’t go to the gym in a mask but not one of those people has commented with a reasoned response to badger who goes to work in a physically demanding environment for 12 hours per day wearing a mask

You asked “So I’ll say it again, why is it safe or expected that it’s ok to go to the gym without a face vovering where exercise will cause your breathing to be heavier and particles to travel further, does Covid 19 no count in gyms?” - despite no one having actually argued that to be the case

As for the BB question I should be careful as I have a lot of respect for the efforts of doctors and nurses in that environment, however I don’t believe the situations are comparable in terms of intensity or choice, and the feedback from doctors/nurses in that environment seems to support the argument that wearing a mask in those circumstances is uncomfortable anyway
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 11:15]

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:58 - Jul 16 with 2196 viewsjeera

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:01 - Jul 15 by jaykay

i remember in 1983 people saying i can't wear a seat belt. because i have bad shoulder , bad chest and many other excuses. same when you couldn't drink drive, it will kill the pub trade etc.
when things are introduced which aren't the norm, to help prevent illness etc people will always find fault.

So what you seem to be saying is that people who refuse to wear masks should have the seatbelts removed from their cars.

Radical, but something that might be worthy of consideration.

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 10:43 - Jul 16 with 2117 viewsjaykay

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:58 - Jul 16 by jeera

So what you seem to be saying is that people who refuse to wear masks should have the seatbelts removed from their cars.

Radical, but something that might be worthy of consideration.

no i am saying some people, but not all , will have a reason ,good or just plain ornery not to wear face masks hey can't you sleep jeera

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 11:18 - Jul 16 with 2083 viewsjeera

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 10:43 - Jul 16 by jaykay

no i am saying some people, but not all , will have a reason ,good or just plain ornery not to wear face masks hey can't you sleep jeera

Do you know I don't think I'd met the word 'ornery' before.

Well this has been worthwhile. I have a new word.

See how useful you are.

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 11:31 - Jul 16 with 2061 viewsDanTheMan

Someone should tell luchadore wrestlers that it's impossible to exercise with a mask on.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 11:36 - Jul 16 with 2051 viewsSarge

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:49 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You asked “So I’ll say it again, why is it safe or expected that it’s ok to go to the gym without a face vovering where exercise will cause your breathing to be heavier and particles to travel further, does Covid 19 no count in gyms?” - despite no one having actually argued that to be the case

As for the BB question I should be careful as I have a lot of respect for the efforts of doctors and nurses in that environment, however I don’t believe the situations are comparable in terms of intensity or choice, and the feedback from doctors/nurses in that environment seems to support the argument that wearing a mask in those circumstances is uncomfortable anyway
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 11:15]

In a hospital, where there is prolonged contact with confirmed COVID patients as well as vulnerable patients there for other reasons who could really do without contracting a virus, of course masks are a necessity.

In a supermarket, that already has controls on number of people allowed inside, where contact with other people is minimal and prolonged contact is basically nil, at a stage where the virus is not in the wide community circulation as it was in April, this rule stinks of reactionary too little, too late face saving. In my opinion this is just to entice people to go back out again under the notion of safety after the government, and more so the media, has spent months whipping people up into a state of fear where you’d think you were going to die the moment you set foot outside.

Sure, for most it’s an inconvenience that they’re happy to oblige with. For me, for reasons I don’t really understand myself, it’s an uncomfortable edict on how I must look, that I am diseased and can’t be trusted to keep my distance from people. Not to mention it makes me feel ill breathing in my own hot air with every breath. So I’m shopping online and also using this as the excuse for not going to the gym instead of my previous excuses of just being cheap and lazy.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 11:44 - Jul 16 with 2032 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 11:31 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

Someone should tell luchadore wrestlers that it's impossible to exercise with a mask on.

Rather key difference that those masks have mouth and nose holes though...

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:20 - Jul 16 with 1979 viewsjaykay

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 11:18 - Jul 16 by jeera

Do you know I don't think I'd met the word 'ornery' before.

Well this has been worthwhile. I have a new word.

See how useful you are.

at 71 my brain is like an old p.c. full of junk, loads of files, software outdated, so it runs slower compared to most on here. it does sometimes throws out a word , what some young uns have to google

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:23 - Jul 16 with 1976 viewsDanTheMan

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 11:44 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Rather key difference that those masks have mouth and nose holes though...

No, not all of them.

Etc.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:37]

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:24 - Jul 16 with 1973 viewsjeera

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:20 - Jul 16 by jaykay

at 71 my brain is like an old p.c. full of junk, loads of files, software outdated, so it runs slower compared to most on here. it does sometimes throws out a word , what some young uns have to google

With some consideration I think I may have heard it before but misunderstood.

So she was insulting me and not actually trying chat me up then.

I did think it was bit forward at the time.

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:50 - Jul 16 with 1948 viewsMullet

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:23 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

No, not all of them.

Etc.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:37]

There's clearly circulation through the eye bits there Daniel!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:50 - Jul 16 with 1947 viewsDanTheMan

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:50 - Jul 16 by Mullet

There's clearly circulation through the eye bits there Daniel!

Especially on that last one!

Obviously we need to mandate luchadore masks for all, which sounds like a fantastic idea to me.

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 1921 viewsMullet

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:50 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

Especially on that last one!

Obviously we need to mandate luchadore masks for all, which sounds like a fantastic idea to me.

I would love to be walking around Waitrose and seeing some old Granny knocking about like Rey Mysterio or the bloke off Tekken

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 15:43 - Jul 16 with 1893 viewsDanTheMan

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 15:17 - Jul 16 by Mullet

I would love to be walking around Waitrose and seeing some old Granny knocking about like Rey Mysterio or the bloke off Tekken

Bonus points if they can hurricanrana someone whilst shopping.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024