Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine 22:33 - Jul 13 with 20701 viewsElderGrizzly

About time too.

Pubs next?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:27 - Jul 14 with 2276 viewsGaryCooper

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:28 - Jul 14 by 26_Paz

Boris got just shy of 14 million votes in 2019 to jezza’s just over 10 million. Even if you assume all 60,000 odd excess deaths were of tories that is not a large chunk of his voter base. And you talk like he killed them himself rather than the deadly disease that has killed hundreds of thousands worldwide doing it ...

NHS England are responsible for approximately 30000 deaths, corporate manslaughter.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:37 - Jul 14 with 2244 viewsSpruceMoose

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:27 - Jul 14 by GaryCooper

NHS England are responsible for approximately 30000 deaths, corporate manslaughter.

Oh lawd... I thought it was the 5G that did it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:42 - Jul 14 with 2231 viewsSpruceMoose

Been wearing a mask in public since early April. Also been wearing glasses too so don't really understand how that would be an excuse.

It's no bother at all to wear one unless you have a legit health issue. Any whiney crybaby giving it the old 'but I don't wanna' needs to take a look at themselves really. To my mind wearing a mask is an outward display that you're willing to make the effort to do the right thing for the benefit of other people.

Besides, they help cover up the faces on some right ugly búggers!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:54 - Jul 14 with 2195 viewsipswich78

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 22:51 - Jul 13 by Coastalblue

We went on one of the Thames Riverboats yesterday, it was a nice day and it's a 15minute walk to board at the Tower so thought why not?

It was fairly quiet, as you might expect, but there were constant announcements while were on the pontoon saying it's TFL policy that everybody has to wear a face covering.

Eventually, after multiple messages everybody did except for two seperate guys, I was aching to see them get refused on board but they weren't even questioned to my great disapointment.

Now I realise that both could have had an underlying health reason to not wear a covering, but it seemed unlikely that two young (30's probably) fit and healthy looking guys would coincidentally both be on the same river boat with underlying health conditions when there were only about 30 people in total.

What are people's motivations for doing this? I don't particularly like wearing a mask, but at times it's surely common courtesy to others.

Sadly those people feels it gives them a little power to go against the Status Quo.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 13:01 - Jul 14 with 2178 views26_Paz

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:42 - Jul 14 by SpruceMoose

Been wearing a mask in public since early April. Also been wearing glasses too so don't really understand how that would be an excuse.

It's no bother at all to wear one unless you have a legit health issue. Any whiney crybaby giving it the old 'but I don't wanna' needs to take a look at themselves really. To my mind wearing a mask is an outward display that you're willing to make the effort to do the right thing for the benefit of other people.

Indeed. When I see people on trains without them I know that they are bell ends. It’s quite handy really.

The Paz Man

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 13:08 - Jul 14 with 2153 viewsfooters

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:42 - Jul 14 by SpruceMoose

The mask did steam my specs up at first before someone showed me how to pinch it at the top... Doh.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 13:29 - Jul 14 with 2123 viewsEly_Blue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 06:52 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Can't see how pubs, restuarants and cafes can adopt this as you cant eat or drink through one.

So expect another "business v health" debate over the coming days before we are told that face coverings aren't necessary in places where you eat.

No but you can happily go to the cinema and gym though!

Also does a hair salon count as a shop? Does a coffee shop that you go into to buy a takeaway coffee count? Surely they are as much a shop as Tesco or the local happy shopper store?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 13:35 - Jul 14 with 2110 viewsLibero

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 13:29 - Jul 14 by Ely_Blue

No but you can happily go to the cinema and gym though!

Also does a hair salon count as a shop? Does a coffee shop that you go into to buy a takeaway coffee count? Surely they are as much a shop as Tesco or the local happy shopper store?

Speaking to a chap who own's a gym in Stowmarket recently and he said that there's a strong chance that when they re-open they'll be asking customers to wear face masks.
Login to get fewer ads

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:12 - Jul 14 with 2061 viewsWeWereZombies

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:24 - Jul 14 by GaryCooper

Just go full Jesse James.

I tried to wear a face mask but I kept dropping it, turned out I went full David James...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:36 - Jul 14 with 2033 viewsGaryCooper

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 12:37 - Jul 14 by SpruceMoose

Oh lawd... I thought it was the 5G that did it?

Arguing against facts dear boy?
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 14:47 - Jul 14 with 2020 viewseireblue

For people that don’t like masks, or have weird ears, try something like

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycle/neck-tubes/
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:23 - Jul 14 with 1972 views26_Paz

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 13:35 - Jul 14 by Libero

Speaking to a chap who own's a gym in Stowmarket recently and he said that there's a strong chance that when they re-open they'll be asking customers to wear face masks.

Then their customers will be asking them to cancel their subscriptions. Expecting people to exercise in a face mask is too far

The Paz Man

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:28 - Jul 14 with 1960 viewssparks

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:23 - Jul 14 by 26_Paz

Then their customers will be asking them to cancel their subscriptions. Expecting people to exercise in a face mask is too far

Why?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:50 - Jul 14 with 1943 viewsSwansea_Blue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:28 - Jul 14 by sparks

Why?

Becasue Paz's cheerleaders have had a hissy fit over them and are telling anyone daft enough to listen that it's a breach of their rights and and affront to choice, blah, blah, blah.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:53 - Jul 14 with 1933 viewsitfcjoe

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:50 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

Becasue Paz's cheerleaders have had a hissy fit over them and are telling anyone daft enough to listen that it's a breach of their rights and and affront to choice, blah, blah, blah.

I think people not wanting to work out whilst wearing a mask is fair enough - it's probably dangerous for a lot of people to do so as inhibits breathing.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:57 - Jul 14 with 1930 views26_Paz

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:50 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

To be clear, I have absolutely no issues in shops, trains, buses wherever. But asking people running on a treadmill to do so with a mask on is utterly ludicrous.

The Paz Man

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:00 - Jul 14 with 1923 viewsCoachRob

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:57 - Jul 14 by 26_Paz

To be clear, I have absolutely no issues in shops, trains, buses wherever. But asking people running on a treadmill to do so with a mask on is utterly ludicrous.

Never done a VO2 max test then?
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:05 - Jul 14 with 1914 viewsipswich78

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:53 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I think people not wanting to work out whilst wearing a mask is fair enough - it's probably dangerous for a lot of people to do so as inhibits breathing.

Potentially if you have an underlying health condition. Otherwise it's not.

This is probably worth watching: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCbgcqFBZkk/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 17:07]

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:09 - Jul 14 with 1909 viewsfooters

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:53 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

If you take that view, then surely exercise is the bigger worry, which can lead to heart attacks, strokes and the like...

Gym bunnies are not exempt from common sense. Especially in such a petri dish environment.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 17:10]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:19 - Jul 14 with 1900 viewsElderGrizzly

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:09 - Jul 14 by footers

If you take that view, then surely exercise is the bigger worry, which can lead to heart attacks, strokes and the like...

Gym bunnies are not exempt from common sense. Especially in such a petri dish environment.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 17:10]

France have just announced masks will be mandatory in all public enclosed spaces, including gyms, bars and restaurants from 27th July.

They started with shops too, so could be a sign of direction of travel
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:23 - Jul 14 with 1896 viewsbluelagos

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:19 - Jul 14 by ElderGrizzly

France have just announced masks will be mandatory in all public enclosed spaces, including gyms, bars and restaurants from 27th July.

They started with shops too, so could be a sign of direction of travel

How does that work in a restaurant? You can't eat a meal with a mask on can you.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:26 - Jul 14 with 1889 viewsSpruceMoose

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:23 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

How does that work in a restaurant? You can't eat a meal with a mask on can you.

If it's anything like here you can take your mask off once seated, but if you get up and move around then you have to be wearing it.

Which is why I won't be bothering with restaurants any time soon, and why indoor dining and drinking is still banned.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 17:27]

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:29 - Jul 14 with 1879 viewsLibero

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 16:23 - Jul 14 by 26_Paz

lol, alright mate.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:34 - Jul 14 with 1872 viewsbluelagos

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:26 - Jul 14 by SpruceMoose

If it's anything like here you can take your mask off once seated, but if you get up and move around then you have to be wearing it.

Which is why I won't be bothering with restaurants any time soon, and why indoor dining and drinking is still banned.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 17:27]

You seem to contradict your self Sprucey.

You can eat but keep the mask on when not at your seat - but you say it is banned? Is it that you can eat outside only?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:40 - Jul 14 with 1856 viewsSpruceMoose

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 17:34 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

You seem to contradict your self Sprucey.

You can eat but keep the mask on when not at your seat - but you say it is banned? Is it that you can eat outside only?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Outside dining and drinking has been available for about a month now. If you're out in public you're supposed to be wearing a mask anyway, but if you're seated at a table to eat and drink you can take it off. If you stand up and move around again the mask goes back on.

The problem I've seen though is a) businesses packing too many people in too close together, and b) people not sticking to the mask rules. That's why I won't be eating or drinking out for the time being.

Last week (or maybe the week before) inside dining and drinking was suppose to start again using the same rules. It was cancelled last minute though because where ever else in the country it had been tried cases spiked again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024