Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have Wycombe been quite calculating and cynical 00:27 - Jul 14 with 4210 viewsArnieM

In their promotion ?

Their form over the last 6 league games until CoVid stopped the league was not the best. They couldn’t guarantee they’d secure the points required to sneak back into the Play off zone ( Posh were in full flight stuffing teams left right and centre at this point in time )

They vote NOT to complete the season ....

But Vote FOR the PPG suggestion ( no doubt having worked out it would catapult them into play offs by virtue of their game in hand - the PPG WERE guaranteed points)....

Whereby they are suddenly all up for playing the play off games ( no problem there then)....

All smacks of a Club that has well and truly mugged off the rest of League One and the EFL to me .

Am I being unjust ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Have Wycombe been quite calculating and cynical on 16:22 - Jul 14 with 167 viewsJakeITFC

Have Wycombe been quite calculating and cynical on 16:14 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

Indeed it is unfair, which is why they should have voided the season. However, PPG at least uses what teams have achieved to determine their position, not what they might achieve. I don't see modelling the remaining fixtures as being a remotely fair way of doing things. As I've said, voiding the season or waiting to conclude it on the pitch should have been the two options as they are clear and unequivocal. But given the decision to end the season but treat it as completed, I'm not sure any system is fairer for determining positions than PPG.

But what they have achieved is not based on a level playing field.
Have Wycombe been quite calculating and cynical on 16:34 - Jul 14 with 152 viewsHerbivore

Have Wycombe been quite calculating and cynical on 16:22 - Jul 14 by JakeITFC

But what they have achieved is not based on a level playing field.

Not entirely, no, but given the decision to end the season early and to still have promotion and relegation it's the least bad option. Whether that first decision was right is open to debate. I don't really see any case though for trying to model the outcome of the remaining fixtures. If you say the season has ended you determine positions on what teams have done not what they might do.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024