Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) 09:24 - Jul 14 with 3127 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:26 - Jul 14 with 2472 viewsgainsboroughblue

This sort of thing just makes our decision to keep hold of Lambert look more laughable and bizarre. A sort of acceptance of any old standards.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:29 - Jul 14 with 2421 viewsBluefish

Clutching at straws but maybe last night officially meant the season was over and now clauses can be invoked. Hoping the end of PRP is today

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:32 - Jul 14 with 2399 viewsbournemouthblue

This seems a strange one, has he underperformed with the resources available to him?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:34 - Jul 14 with 2374 viewsBluefish

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:32 - Jul 14 by bournemouthblue

This seems a strange one, has he underperformed with the resources available to him?

If only he had brought some past players to the training ground and bought a few beers

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:37 - Jul 14 with 2337 viewsKieran_Knows

Off to Tranmere.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:38 - Jul 14 with 2324 viewspatrickswell

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:26 - Jul 14 by gainsboroughblue

This sort of thing just makes our decision to keep hold of Lambert look more laughable and bizarre. A sort of acceptance of any old standards.

It's Marcus Evans, mate. Anything for a quiet life, him. If standards don't pick up though, he'll get pelters soon enough though.
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:38 - Jul 14 with 2321 viewsSomethingBlue

Seems harsh, particularly the justification about tying the role more closely to the academy given JM's previous role and the fact he brought several through. But don't know enough about the ins and outs. They didn't exactly play total football but were generally on the front foot when I saw them and were a threat out wide.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:40 - Jul 14 with 2290 viewsKeno

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:29 - Jul 14 by Bluefish

Clutching at straws but maybe last night officially meant the season was over and now clauses can be invoked. Hoping the end of PRP is today

here you go fishers clutch away

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:44 - Jul 14 with 2282 viewsPhilTWTD

I heard this was on the cards some while ago. Doesn't seem to have fitted into the plans of Tony Humes, the director of football, and the other management staff.
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:47 - Jul 14 with 2228 viewsitfcjoe

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:44 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

I heard this was on the cards some while ago. Doesn't seem to have fitted into the plans of Tony Humes, the director of football, and the other management staff.

Andy Warren has done a bit in EADT - Cowling says directors including Humes want to go more academy heavy.

Not sure where that leaves them though, they are almost looking to become a development squad in the football league, maybe looking at Crewe as a model?

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:56 - Jul 14 with 2181 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:47 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

Andy Warren has done a bit in EADT - Cowling says directors including Humes want to go more academy heavy.

Not sure where that leaves them though, they are almost looking to become a development squad in the football league, maybe looking at Crewe as a model?

Yes, I've seen the club statement, as per the story on the front page, think others in the set-up have become more powerful over recent times and he's been squeezed out.

This post has been edited by an administrator
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:58 - Jul 14 with 2136 viewsLibero

What chances on one of our young coaches getting the job?

On the face of it, it looks like a great opportunity for one of them to take a first team role in a model that makes the most of their expertise.
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:59 - Jul 14 with 2111 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why does that lead to the sacking of McGreal?

Assume they dont think he is good at bringing kids through?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:01 - Jul 14 with 2096 viewsLibero

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:59 - Jul 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why does that lead to the sacking of McGreal?

Assume they dont think he is good at bringing kids through?

McGreal's already made plans to be offski, looks like a case of YOU DON'T DUMP ME, I DUMP YOU!
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 2063 viewsBluefish

If they need a reference I am happy to write to them to say how wonderful Shambert, sorry I mean Mr Lambert, is with the academy and how he has got the best out of all of ours and put complete faith in them. I am sure he is very sorry about walking out on them before and he'd love to buy them all a beer and invite Mark Kinsella and Greg Halford to the training ground
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 10:13]

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:08 - Jul 14 with 2015 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 09:56 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

Yes, I've seen the club statement, as per the story on the front page, think others in the set-up have become more powerful over recent times and he's been squeezed out.

This post has been edited by an administrator

From what I heard it wouldn't surprise me if Jon De Souza, currently director of performance, got the job.
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:13 - Jul 14 with 1960 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:01 - Jul 14 by Libero

McGreal's already made plans to be offski, looks like a case of YOU DON'T DUMP ME, I DUMP YOU!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:15 - Jul 14 with 1948 viewsLibero

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:08 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

From what I heard it wouldn't surprise me if Jon De Souza, currently director of performance, got the job.

That'd be quite a big move for De Souza, I might be wrong but I think his only managerial experience was with the Brentford youths, which obviously disbanded when they took their more successful model.
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:45 - Jul 14 with 1869 viewsPendejo

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:01 - Jul 14 by Libero

Which is slightly bizarre really. Gone from being due compensation, or at least not paying any... to paying compensation (assumed)

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:59 - Jul 14 with 1810 viewsLibero

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:45 - Jul 14 by Pendejo

Which is slightly bizarre really. Gone from being due compensation, or at least not paying any... to paying compensation (assumed)

I'm not sure how long his contract had to run, but either way there's obviously a reason they decided to go about it this way.

FWIW, I'm not sure McGreal is the potential hot prospect as a manager that some have suggested on here.
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:26 - Jul 14 with 1752 viewsitfcjoe

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 10:08 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

Not Wayne Brown after his spell at Maldon who are almost their feeder club?

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:28 - Jul 14 with 1740 viewsLibero

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:26 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

Brown was formerly part of the U's coaching staff, wasn't he?
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:47 - Jul 14 with 1695 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:26 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

Also possible. De Souza's name was mentioned to me as on the rise in the set-up when McGreal's future was said to be in question. Wasn't someone I was aware of prior to that.
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:49 - Jul 14 with 1684 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:28 - Jul 14 by Libero

Brown was formerly part of the U's coaching staff, wasn't he?

Was their U23s manager until a couple of seasons ago. M&T are their feeder club..
John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:54 - Jul 14 with 1658 viewsLibero

John McGreal sacked by Col U (n/t) on 11:49 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

Was their U23s manager until a couple of seasons ago. M&T are their feeder club..

Mate of mine went on trial there last(this?) season after tucking away a good number of goals for Witham early in the season, last I heard directly from him was going to join M&T, not sure how or why but he actually ended up at Brightlingsea.

I noticed during their FA Cup games on TV they had a few ex U's such as Haynes-Brown.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 11:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024