Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
J2 appreciation thread 10:23 - Jul 14 with 5910 viewsfooters

Welcome back, brother. It was dark and cold and lonely without you.

How have you been?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

J2 appreciation thread on 10:26 - Jul 14 with 2658 viewsBluefish

cant say I'd noticed that he had left nor returned. The board has been very peaceful lately but I dont think that is him I think it is more to do with someone else that hasn't been around for a while

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

J2 appreciation thread on 10:31 - Jul 14 with 2645 viewsLibero

J2 appreciation thread on 10:26 - Jul 14 by Bluefish

cant say I'd noticed that he had left nor returned. The board has been very peaceful lately but I dont think that is him I think it is more to do with someone else that hasn't been around for a while

Yeah, I've noticed it's all been a lot more harmonious since Gav took a back seat too.
J2 appreciation thread on 10:32 - Jul 14 with 2640 viewsfooters

J2 appreciation thread on 10:26 - Jul 14 by Bluefish

Who on Earth do you mean, fishers?

J2 appreciation thread on 10:33 - Jul 14 with 2634 viewsHerbivore

Welcome back, J2. I can honestly say that there have been some occasions where we have not disagreed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

J2 appreciation thread on 10:35 - Jul 14 with 2613 viewsfooters

J2 appreciation thread on 10:33 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

Welcome back, J2. I can honestly say that there have been some occasions where we have not disagreed.

You could put that in a Hallmark card. Brings a tear to the eye.

J2 appreciation thread on 10:54 - Jul 14 with 2580 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 10:33 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, thank you.

Thanks footers, i've added about 8 to my ignore list and hopefully that will improve the forum a lot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

J2 appreciation thread on 10:56 - Jul 14 with 2562 viewscatch74

J2 appreciation thread on 10:54 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

Thanks footers, i've added about 8 to my ignore list and hopefully that will improve the forum a lot.

Nice to have you back J2 - hope all well with you.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

J2 appreciation thread on 10:56 - Jul 14 with 2560 viewsKeno

yay!! J2blue is back

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

J2 appreciation thread on 10:56 - Jul 14 with 2562 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Welcome back J2...oh

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

J2 appreciation thread on 10:59 - Jul 14 with 2542 viewsfooters

Good man. Cut out the negative noise and move onwards and upwards :)

This year's been an absolute stinker so I just hope it fooks off sharpish and we can all look forward to a bright new year and an Ipswich promotion party...

J2 appreciation thread on 11:01 - Jul 14 with 2532 viewsLibero

Cut the sh1t, give us what we want.

J2's Kitchen.

Horrible eggs, pitta breads with cr@p piled on top of them.
I'm interested to know how you've managed to keep up the quality cooking during your dramatic change of diet!
J2 appreciation thread on 11:08 - Jul 14 with 2498 viewsfactual_blue

You're a good egg.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

J2 appreciation thread on 11:10 - Jul 14 with 2490 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 11:01 - Jul 14 by Libero

Cut the sh1t, give us what we want.

J2's Kitchen.

Horrible eggs, pitta breads with cr@p piled on top of them.
I'm interested to know how you've managed to keep up the quality cooking during your dramatic change of diet!

My cooking has improved dramatically to be fair.

Bought a steamer. I use my air fryer daily without adding any oil at all.

The air fryer might be the best thing i've ever bought.

The best way to sum up the change in diet is i'm no longer obsessed with protein. I was eating crap like a whole pack of Quorn sausages and just having them with bread so I got a ton of protein and didn't lose my muscle (facepalm). Diet is now much more whole food, plant based. The thing is I can make a veg stew or a curry or something and not miss the meat. I was packing it out with chicken or beef for the protein (facepalm). Now I can make it without the meat, eat more of it, enjoy it more and be much healthier.

Clearly i'm not the only protein obsessive as protein spiked 'foods' are everywhere at the moment. Crap spiked with soy protein in every aisle.

As I said, a lifestyle change instead of a diet. Finally.

Truly impaired.

J2 appreciation thread on 11:14 - Jul 14 with 2460 viewsKeno

J2 appreciation thread on 11:10 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

The best way to sum up the change in diet is i'm no longer obsessed with protein. I was eating crap like a whole pack of Quorn sausages and just having them with bread so I got a ton of protein and didn't lose my muscle (facepalm). Diet is now much more whole food, plant based. The thing is I can make a veg stew or a curry or something and not miss the meat. I was packing it out with chicken or beef for the protein (facepalm). Now I can make it without the meat, eat more of it, enjoy it more and be much healthier.

Clearly i'm not the only protein obsessive as protein spiked 'foods' are everywhere at the moment. Crap spiked with soy protein in every aisle.

what's an air fryer?

J2 appreciation thread on 11:18 - Jul 14 with 2448 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 11:14 - Jul 14 by Keno

what's an air fryer?

It's about the size of a deep fat fryer but rather than oil it cooks by circulating hot air. They sell it as a gadget to 'enjoy fried food with less oil' and usually recommend you use a tablespoon-ish of oil but I don't bother. I prefer cooking things without the oil.

I actually like throwing a tin of potatoes in there when in a rush. They crisp up in there really nicely.

Truly impaired.

J2 appreciation thread on 11:24 - Jul 14 with 2428 viewsLibero

J2 appreciation thread on 11:10 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

Sounds great bud, all power to you and long may it continue to work for you!

Make sure you don't deny yourself the odd treat though mate, nothing better than occasionally indulging and knowing you've "earned it" as such.

I've put on a bit of timber over the last 2 months, purely from lack of activity I think.
I'm very pleased team sports are resuming, but it's believed I might have some scarring on the lungs which is going to make it bloody difficult to get up and going again, currently I can't do my 15 minute walk to work without sweating like a bloody pig and getting a bit breathless.

I'll be cutting out bread based products for a while and being a bit strict with what I eat and when for a bit until I can find some kind of balance again.

Just hoping that bringing five a side and eleven a side back is going to give me a structure to work in to get fit again.
J2 appreciation thread on 11:24 - Jul 14 with 2423 viewsKeno

J2 appreciation thread on 11:18 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

It's about the size of a deep fat fryer but rather than oil it cooks by circulating hot air. They sell it as a gadget to 'enjoy fried food with less oil' and usually recommend you use a tablespoon-ish of oil but I don't bother. I prefer cooking things without the oil.

I actually like throwing a tin of potatoes in there when in a rush. They crisp up in there really nicely.

sounds interesting!

I have a deep fat fryer I do chips in but hadn't thought of a air one

J2 appreciation thread on 11:25 - Jul 14 with 2420 viewsTerry_Nutkins

How does an air fried chip compare to a fried chip. Thinking about getting one. Have you tried it with a bit of oil?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

J2 appreciation thread on 11:29 - Jul 14 with 2407 viewsFixed_It

J2 appreciation thread on 11:24 - Jul 14 by Keno

sounds interesting!

I have a deep fat fryer I do chips in but hadn't thought of a air one

I have one. They are great. This may be the best culinary advice J2 has ever given.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

J2 appreciation thread on 11:30 - Jul 14 with 2403 viewsclive_baker

Potatoes in a tin? Is that a thing?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

J2 appreciation thread on 11:30 - Jul 14 with 2405 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 11:24 - Jul 14 by Libero

Sounds great bud, all power to you and long may it continue to work for you!

Make sure you don't deny yourself the odd treat though mate, nothing better than occasionally indulging and knowing you've "earned it" as such.

I've put on a bit of timber over the last 2 months, purely from lack of activity I think.
I'm very pleased team sports are resuming, but it's believed I might have some scarring on the lungs which is going to make it bloody difficult to get up and going again, currently I can't do my 15 minute walk to work without sweating like a bloody pig and getting a bit breathless.

I'll be cutting out bread based products for a while and being a bit strict with what I eat and when for a bit until I can find some kind of balance again.

Just hoping that bringing five a side and eleven a side back is going to give me a structure to work in to get fit again.

Cheers mate.

Yea i'm craving a pizza which i'm planning to have in 2-3 weeks. Agree about the feeling of earning it. Nothing worse than being a super fat f**k knowing you shouldn't be having it.

Hope your lungs heal up (if that's possible) and things get easier for you.

Nimble bread is fairly good if you want a lower calorie option. 50 kcals a slice.

Truly impaired.

J2 appreciation thread on 11:32 - Jul 14 with 2394 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 11:25 - Jul 14 by Terry_Nutkins

How does an air fried chip compare to a fried chip. Thinking about getting one. Have you tried it with a bit of oil?

I've never really made them properly to their suggested method to be honest. I like just chopping up some baby potatoes, boiling them then air frying them without any oil. They come out great.

Truly impaired.

J2 appreciation thread on 11:33 - Jul 14 with 2387 viewsFixed_It

J2 appreciation thread on 11:25 - Jul 14 by Terry_Nutkins

I put a tea spoon of oil in. They are really good - and much healthier. Take about 15-20 minutes.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

J2 appreciation thread on 11:35 - Jul 14 with 2372 viewsLibero

J2 appreciation thread on 11:30 - Jul 14 by clive_baker

Potatoes in a tin? Is that a thing?

I haven't seen them since I was a little boy, my Grandmother always used to have them for dinner and we'd have them there.
They're like peeled baby potatoes, not sure if they're reconstituted to look like potatoes or if the texture is a bit odd because they're from a tin, but I seem to remember them being a bit different.
J2 appreciation thread on 11:36 - Jul 14 with 2365 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 11:35 - Jul 14 by Libero

I haven't seen them since I was a little boy, my Grandmother always used to have them for dinner and we'd have them there.
They're like peeled baby potatoes, not sure if they're reconstituted to look like potatoes or if the texture is a bit odd because they're from a tin, but I seem to remember them being a bit different.

They are just normal peeled potatoes in water with some sort of preservative.

They do have a certain taste when heated on the hob but in the air fryer they lose that taste IMO. Really good if you want something quick.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024