Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
J2 appreciation thread 10:23 - Jul 14 with 5930 viewsfooters

Welcome back, brother. It was dark and cold and lonely without you.

How have you been?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

J2 appreciation thread on 17:50 - Jul 14 with 753 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 14:46 - Jul 14 by Libero

Excellent, I'll add that to the shortlist.

J2? What's yours like?

Tower T17021

I got it for something like £35 from Argos a while ago. No idea how as my mum has just bought the same model and paid something like £55. Must have been in some sort of sale.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

J2 appreciation thread on 17:56 - Jul 14 with 745 viewsJ2BLUE

J2 appreciation thread on 16:25 - Jul 14 by gordon

Can't see the point in this, how can it be cheaper or nicer than fresh potatoes?

Also 'packed from fresh' isn't much of a claim.

Fresh potatoes are nicer and what I normally used. Tinned are great if you are short on time as they an just be thrown in with no parboiling etc.

Also from a diet perspective when different foods were tested boiled potatoes had the most appetite dulling impact so they are good to have around.

I think it's important to remember that convenience items aren't going to be great measured against the freshest ingredients prepared properly but most people aren't starting from there. They are starting from a much lower bar from a health perspective and a tin of potatoes are a good option for stopping worse choices. We've all come in from work or a day out at some point and thought I just can't be bothered. Throw a tin of them in and sit down. By the time you've eaten them, had a sit down and chilled out you might be ready to cook something better. For the sake of 152 calories (the amount in the tin I posted) you've potentially stopped yourself ordering a takeaway.

Truly impaired.

J2 appreciation thread on 17:59 - Jul 14 with 741 viewsfooters

J2 appreciation thread on 17:50 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

Tower T17021

I got it for something like £35 from Argos a while ago. No idea how as my mum has just bought the same model and paid something like £55. Must have been in some sort of sale.

I think he was asking about your cock.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

J2 appreciation thread on 18:07 - Jul 14 with 722 viewsjeera

J2 appreciation thread on 17:56 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

Fresh potatoes are nicer and what I normally used. Tinned are great if you are short on time as they an just be thrown in with no parboiling etc.

Also from a diet perspective when different foods were tested boiled potatoes had the most appetite dulling impact so they are good to have around.

I think it's important to remember that convenience items aren't going to be great measured against the freshest ingredients prepared properly but most people aren't starting from there. They are starting from a much lower bar from a health perspective and a tin of potatoes are a good option for stopping worse choices. We've all come in from work or a day out at some point and thought I just can't be bothered. Throw a tin of them in and sit down. By the time you've eaten them, had a sit down and chilled out you might be ready to cook something better. For the sake of 152 calories (the amount in the tin I posted) you've potentially stopped yourself ordering a takeaway.

I've got a couple of tins in the cupboard along with one or 2 other things I wouldn't normally buy that I picked up when nothing else was available.

Not had them since I was a kid but can't see a problem, they're just baby potatoes in brine or whatever.

I buy them often for the food bank as obviously fresh food isn't an option.

They not processed in the negative sense, just peeled and cooked and sealed. Can't see an issue.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 18:09]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

J2 appreciation thread on 18:56 - Jul 14 with 696 viewsNewcyBlue

Tower T17021

I’ve got the Tower T14001

It’s actually pretty good, but takes up a fair bit of worktop.

Mostly use it for sweet potato wedges and sweet potato chips.

My homemade spring rolls are superb in it too.

I miss cooking.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

J2 appreciation thread on 19:31 - Jul 14 with 678 viewsShawsey

J2 appreciation thread on 11:25 - Jul 14 by Terry_Nutkins

How does an air fried chip compare to a fried chip. Thinking about getting one. Have you tried it with a bit of oil?

Air friers are great. We have had one for about 6 months and love it. We can cook pretty much anything in it. The Veg is amazing and even sprouts taste nice (they really do). Recommend anyone to buy one. Cheaper than the oven as well.
J2 appreciation thread on 19:52 - Jul 14 with 660 viewsbluelagos

J2 appreciation thread on 19:31 - Jul 14 by Shawsey

Air friers are great. We have had one for about 6 months and love it. We can cook pretty much anything in it. The Veg is amazing and even sprouts taste nice (they really do). Recommend anyone to buy one. Cheaper than the oven as well.

Nothing can make sprouts taste nice, apart from throwing them in the bin and replacing them with Brocolli, that works.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

J2 appreciation thread on 19:57 - Jul 14 with 654 viewsjeera

J2 appreciation thread on 19:52 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Nothing can make sprouts taste nice, apart from throwing them in the bin and replacing them with Brocolli, that works.

Halved, blanched, browned with lardons, white wine and a splash of double cream.

Black pepper.

No, not then the bin after that effort!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

J2 appreciation thread on 19:59 - Jul 14 with 646 viewsShawsey

Had fried sprouts, mashed potato and bacon for Saturday brunch. Bl00dy lovely.
J2 appreciation thread on 20:01 - Jul 14 with 642 viewsNewcyBlue

Balsamic vinegar, garlic, and lardons.

Sprouts are amazing.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

J2 appreciation thread on 22:02 - Jul 14 with 602 viewsWeWereZombies

Honey glazed

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

J2 appreciation thread on 00:13 - Jul 15 with 560 viewsRyorry

J2 appreciation thread on 10:54 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, thank you.

Thanks footers, i've added about 8 to my ignore list and hopefully that will improve the forum a lot.

Welcome back J2 - if you can see this. If you can't, you can eff right off

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

J2 appreciation thread on 17:12 - Aug 26 with 386 viewsJ2BLUE

Tower T17021

This model £30 delivered at the moment from Amazon (sorry Callis)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tower-Circulation-Technology-Adjustable-Temperature/dp/

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024