Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure 12:52 - Jul 14 with 2395 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53403793

I would say "welcome to the new cold war" but this history books will state it started in 2014.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 12:52]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:10 - Jul 14 with 1768 viewsfooters

A complete volte-face from the Tories (once again) who were pulling out all the stops to wave Huawei through before covid, as well as rolling out the red carpet for their mates in the party of Mao.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:17 - Jul 14 with 1745 viewsBasuco

What about 3G & 4G networks? I am sure there is a lot of Huawei hardware in both those, or is the Government just keeping quiet about those.
Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:19 - Jul 14 with 1738 viewsfactual_blue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:10 - Jul 14 by footers

A complete volte-face from the Tories (once again) who were pulling out all the stops to wave Huawei through before covid, as well as rolling out the red carpet for their mates in the party of Mao.

Even ten years ago, before all the trumpy-wumpy Chinese yellow peril stuff, Huawei phones were banned from US military sites in the UK (and presumably elsewhere).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:22 - Jul 14 with 1720 viewsfooters

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:19 - Jul 14 by factual_blue

Even ten years ago, before all the trumpy-wumpy Chinese yellow peril stuff, Huawei phones were banned from US military sites in the UK (and presumably elsewhere).

I hav£ no id£a what could p£rsuad£ th£ tori£$ to make£ $uch a bad d£ci$ion.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:22 - Jul 14 with 1719 viewsgiant_stow

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:19 - Jul 14 by factual_blue

Think Trump's China fixation might be something he was right about personally. Their mask is slipping.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:34 - Jul 14 with 1673 viewsfactual_blue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:22 - Jul 14 by giant_stow

Think Trump's China fixation might be something he was right about personally. Their mask is slipping.

Was Prince Philip right as well?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:38 - Jul 14 with 1661 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:22 - Jul 14 by giant_stow

Trump's fixation is based on money and jealousy mostly. His recent actions are straight out of the oppression/propaganda dictator's handbook. His hard on for how far right governments control their population is bulging.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 13:38]

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:41 - Jul 14 with 1648 viewsgiant_stow

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:34 - Jul 14 by factual_blue

Was Prince Philip right as well?

No, but I always found this one more amusing than I should have:

“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.”

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:41 - Jul 14 with 1646 viewsfactual_blue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:22 - Jul 14 by footers

My guess would be that, guided by dominic 'not so clever after all' cummings, they will never make a good decision.

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:43 - Jul 14 with 1641 viewsm14_blue

Maybe they have flaccid ear lobes?
Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:44 - Jul 14 with 1641 viewsfactual_blue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:41 - Jul 14 by giant_stow

No, but I always found this one more amusing than I should have:

“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.”

norfukkers, on the other hand, will scream with terror if confronted with any either a chair, an aeroplane or a submarine.

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:47 - Jul 14 with 1638 viewsBrianTablet

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:22 - Jul 14 by footers

As Boris said in a plea to the masses: "I hope the British public can see that this excellent, rum political move for ceding control from Huawai means total domination for Britain."
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 13:53]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:47 - Jul 14 with 1629 viewsgiant_stow

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:38 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Trump's fixation is based on money and jealousy mostly. His recent actions are straight out of the oppression/propaganda dictator's handbook. His hard on for how far right governments control their population is bulging.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 13:38]

I don;t disagree mr - just that China is behaving in a similar if more severe and damaging way imho

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:49 - Jul 14 with 1615 viewsgiant_stow

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:43 - Jul 14 by m14_blue

Maybe they have flaccid ear lobes?

Hey its not a laughing matter!

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 14:13 - Jul 14 with 1570 viewslongtimefan

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:49 - Jul 14 by giant_stow

Hey its not a laughing matter!

You’re not the only one with dodgy ears Ullaa. The shape of mine means I am unable to use Apple earphone as they will not stay in the ear!
Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 14:22 - Jul 14 with 1532 viewsgiant_stow

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 14:13 - Jul 14 by longtimefan

You’re not the only one with dodgy ears Ullaa. The shape of mine means I am unable to use Apple earphone as they will not stay in the ear!

Sorry to hear that mr - the wrold's not a friendly place for the likes of us hey?

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 14:24 - Jul 14 with 1529 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 13:47 - Jul 14 by giant_stow

I don;t disagree mr - just that China is behaving in a similar if more severe and damaging way imho

Oh I wasn't disagreeing, just expanding on your discussion point.

All the global superpowers have been behaving in sh1tty ways for decades. America, for the "land of the free", has considerably less freedom than we do IMO. Plus the West love destabilising the Middle East for oil and to curb the rise of other potential world stage leaders.

Both China and America have concentration camps though...

Don't even get me started on Russia. COVID makes it harder to lie and cover things up I guess.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 14:31 - Jul 14 with 1510 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 14:24 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Oh I wasn't disagreeing, just expanding on your discussion point.

All the global superpowers have been behaving in sh1tty ways for decades. America, for the "land of the free", has considerably less freedom than we do IMO. Plus the West love destabilising the Middle East for oil and to curb the rise of other potential world stage leaders.

Both China and America have concentration camps though...

Don't even get me started on Russia. COVID makes it harder to lie and cover things up I guess.

"Both China and America have concentration camps though..."

Technically true but the scale and reasoning are totally different. Doesn't mean the US are in any way acceptable which I think is your point, just that scale and context are important.

China is on a mission to culturally cleanse an entire people from history through force and sterilisation - it's not the same.

Agree with your general point though. For more than 50 years the most powerful countries have been too powerful for anyone else to really stop them doing whatever they want and this has lead to some truly awful behaviour.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 15:26 - Jul 14 with 1467 viewseireblue

Well, luckily that’s the end of China involvement in UK critical infrastructure.

Now that’s sorted.

How’s that Nuclear power plant getting on, haven’t heard much about that since,

https://www.energylivenews.com/2019/08/16/us-blacklists-chinese-nuclear-firm-inv
Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 16:56 - Jul 14 with 1429 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 14:31 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

"Both China and America have concentration camps though..."

Technically true but the scale and reasoning are totally different. Doesn't mean the US are in any way acceptable which I think is your point, just that scale and context are important.

China is on a mission to culturally cleanse an entire people from history through force and sterilisation - it's not the same.

Agree with your general point though. For more than 50 years the most powerful countries have been too powerful for anyone else to really stop them doing whatever they want and this has lead to some truly awful behaviour.

SB

I think ICE camps are essentially the same in an earlier stage. Lovely whispers of organ harvesting and human trafficking going on there too.

I guess this is what happens when the world decides the far right have the answers to all their problems. Never known a period where so many corrupt billionaires are the voice of the forgotten classes.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 18:14 - Jul 14 with 1364 viewsbournemouthblue

This is all about a US trade deal and little to do with security

Obviously we are happy to farm our data to US based companies like Amazon, Facebook and Google, no one blinks an eye at that

We happy to weaken our own infrastructure just to please the Americans

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 18:31 - Jul 14 with 1338 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 16:56 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

I think ICE camps are essentially the same in an earlier stage. Lovely whispers of organ harvesting and human trafficking going on there too.

I guess this is what happens when the world decides the far right have the answers to all their problems. Never known a period where so many corrupt billionaires are the voice of the forgotten classes.

They aren't the same thing though. Precision is important.

Firstly we can agree both are wrong, no argument there at all.

However one is detention of people coming in whilst the other is detention of people who have lived in that spot for hundreds of years and then the eradication of their culture and the sterilisation of the population to diminish it.

"Lovely whispers of organ harvesting and human trafficking going on there too."

You really should have evidence and post it if you're going to post absolutely horrific assertions. I've not seen anything about that but doesn't mean it isn't true, just evidence needs to be shown.

SB

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:14 - Jul 14 with 1296 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 18:31 - Jul 14 by StokieBlue

They aren't the same thing though. Precision is important.

Firstly we can agree both are wrong, no argument there at all.

However one is detention of people coming in whilst the other is detention of people who have lived in that spot for hundreds of years and then the eradication of their culture and the sterilisation of the population to diminish it.

"Lovely whispers of organ harvesting and human trafficking going on there too."

You really should have evidence and post it if you're going to post absolutely horrific assertions. I've not seen anything about that but doesn't mean it isn't true, just evidence needs to be shown.

SB

Perhaps I’ll wave to you and you can tell me you had no idea things would end this way when the TWTD lefty bum fest is dragged off on the buses to the work camps. 🤷‍♂️

It’s really not a great look to play whatteraboutery with genocide. “Sleepwalking into fascism” was the way phrase someone used on here.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/us/immigration-refugee-child-missing-hhs-obama-ph

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/us/immigration-refugee-child-missing-hhs-obama-ph

If the Epstein stuff has taught us anything, it’s connecting the dots.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:16 - Jul 14 with 1289 viewsmonytowbray

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 18:14 - Jul 14 by bournemouthblue

This is all about a US trade deal and little to do with security

Obviously we are happy to farm our data to US based companies like Amazon, Facebook and Google, no one blinks an eye at that

We happy to weaken our own infrastructure just to please the Americans

I don’t think people truly realise how dangerous online data has become TBF. That data would be great for any would-be dictator to eradicate certain views.

TWTD never forgets…

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:32 - Jul 14 with 1267 viewsStokieBlue

Bye bye to overseas spyware infiltrating our digital infrastructure on 20:14 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Perhaps I’ll wave to you and you can tell me you had no idea things would end this way when the TWTD lefty bum fest is dragged off on the buses to the work camps. 🤷‍♂️

It’s really not a great look to play whatteraboutery with genocide. “Sleepwalking into fascism” was the way phrase someone used on here.

If the Epstein stuff has taught us anything, it’s connecting the dots.

"It’s really not a great look to play whatteraboutery with genocide."

What on earth are you on about? Did you even read my post? I've been as civil as possible and you've just got straight back in with a provocative and quite insulting statement which isn't anything like what I posted.

What genocide is occurring in the US? Be specific, just saying "whispers" and "join the dots" isn't evidence of genocide like what is happening in China and it's not something you'd accept if the roles were reversed. You'd want specific evidence detailing the points.

As for the article, I've said it's unacceptable in my post and something certainly needs to be done but you've not provided evidence of human trafficking or organ harvesting, you've posted something that says one of the "might" be an issue and then said join the dots.

All I asked for was some evidence so I could see where you formed your opinion. I didn't think it was that controversial to ask for evidence and I certainly don't think it deserved your opening broadside which was downright insulting.

I was trying to engage in a civil way.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 20:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024