Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Business and ethics 14:20 - Jul 14 with 1052 viewsmonytowbray

I just turned down a likely considerable payday contract with a big leather brand for obvious reasons.

I'll probably regret that in two years time when the UK diet mostly consists of insects and rats, won't I?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Business and ethics on 14:28 - Jul 14 with 1003 viewsLibero

I think I'd have done the same if I was in your position.

We spend most of our lives at work, I don't think any one wants to spend most of their life compromising their values.
I've really struggled in the past when I haven't felt an affiliation towards the business I'm working for, that's why I've mostly worked for charities, not for profit organisations, educational institutes or the local authority.

Regardless, I think for most people If they care about their work and feel aligned to the company and it's values it shows in the quality and consistency of their work.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 14:33]
Business and ethics on 14:29 - Jul 14 with 1002 viewstextbackup

the only reason to work is to get money to then enjoy life away from work. take what you can

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Business and ethics on 14:36 - Jul 14 with 972 viewsPendejo

Why turn it down?

Are you vegan?

With the precarious economy right now I'd accept a contract from Saudis, Iranians or fat boy Kim...

But hey I'm now on garden leave thus technically unemployed

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Business and ethics on 14:54 - Jul 14 with 906 viewsmonytowbray

Business and ethics on 14:36 - Jul 14 by Pendejo

Why turn it down?

Are you vegan?

With the precarious economy right now I'd accept a contract from Saudis, Iranians or fat boy Kim...

But hey I'm now on garden leave thus technically unemployed

Aye vegan.

I was polite about it and recommended some other professionals I trust.

I am one of the lucky ones who hasn’t seen much negative impact on my income (mostly luck tbh, never picked my career on the likelihood of a pandemic and if I’d still be earning).

I am INCREDIBLY lucky I went self-employed as a contractor in November too, there are a lot of freshly redundant folk in my industry looking for work RN and it means I had a head start.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Business and ethics on 14:55 - Jul 14 with 902 viewsKeno

You've eaten in Nandos then

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Business and ethics on 14:55 - Jul 14 with 895 viewsLibero

Business and ethics on 14:55 - Jul 14 by Keno

You've eaten in Nandos then

Cheeky.
Business and ethics on 16:42 - Jul 14 with 850 viewstextbackup

Business and ethics on 14:29 - Jul 14 by textbackup

the only reason to work is to get money to then enjoy life away from work. take what you can

crumbs, rattled a cage or two. It's an opinion gents

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Business and ethics on 17:20 - Jul 14 with 799 viewsLibero

Business and ethics on 16:42 - Jul 14 by textbackup

crumbs, rattled a cage or two. It's an opinion gents

No cage rattled here, just think you’ve got it all wrong, buh.
Login to get fewer ads

Business and ethics on 17:21 - Jul 14 with 796 viewsbluelagos

Once got approached by a recruitment agent about a job with Barclays and politely stopped him and said I wouldn't be interested in working for them due to their role in aparthied South Africa.

The guy had no idea what I was even talking about - but yeah, we all have our own ethics and standing by them shouldn't be something you regret Callis.

Good on you.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Business and ethics on 17:24 - Jul 14 with 786 viewsSpruceMoose

Business and ethics on 17:20 - Jul 14 by Libero

No cage rattled here, just think you’ve got it all wrong, buh.

I guess it depends what you do. If like me you are fortunate enough to have a job that you enjoy, that challenges you and enables you to feel like you're paying something back to your community then you probably see working in a different light to someone who doesn't feel that they have those things.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Business and ethics on 21:59 - Jul 14 with 656 viewslightuser

Business and ethics on 17:24 - Jul 14 by SpruceMoose

I guess it depends what you do. If like me you are fortunate enough to have a job that you enjoy, that challenges you and enables you to feel like you're paying something back to your community then you probably see working in a different light to someone who doesn't feel that they have those things.

Nah, for me too, school/work was just the intermission between each break time, evening and weekend when you can have some fun. Getting away from teachers, other pupils, idiotic, borderline sociapathic managers, vp's and directors knowing neither their arse, or elbow. But always ready for the next round of kpi's...definitely need an etc here. ;)

I seem to remember that surveys for job satisaction are split, so huge numbers for both sides on this one ?

Anyways, pleased for you that you personally have found a fulfilling job and you help your fellows in your local community. I'm just glad that I don't have to bother with watching people desperately trying to climb their bosses greasy pole anymore.

Ps. I did see a leaflet some time ago asking for English speakers to help with spoken English skills for local poor kids here. But my gf told me that I should not even try because they would not be able to understand my accent (home counties)!!

Pps, I have a fridge magnet that says "I hate mornings", so that probably sums up my attitude to work/life I had. Lol

Back to our vodka/cokes at home now that the bars are shut again. Damn this covid...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024