Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just noticed scums last game of the season 14:35 - Jul 14 with 2189 viewstextbackup

away to man city....

that could be a real icing on the cake for this season for them, take our record.....

now that is something i could celebrate, them going down means nothing to me, but getting dicked by 10 would be wonderful

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:43 - Jul 14 with 1709 viewsLibero

Kasper Schmeichel was talking on the Peter Crouch podcast about that thrashing of Southampton, he said that Rodgers outright said to them, let's go for the record.

I think I've seen plenty of games over the last decade in the Premier League where I've thought if a team really went for it they'd equal or beat the 9-0, I think that most clubs simply take their foot off the gas once they're 5/6 up!
just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:46 - Jul 14 with 1705 viewsPJH

I am hoping that Chelsea go goal crazy tonight, they might need goal difference to sort a Champions League place.

So there are two opportunities for our (joint) record to go.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:50 - Jul 14 with 1693 viewsDinnernotTea

I'd prefer two or three of their golden boys to get crocked for 9 months. They're adamant they'll get well over £100m for Cantwell, both full backs, Buendia & Godfrey.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:51 - Jul 14 with 1682 viewsDinnernotTea

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:50 - Jul 14 by DinnernotTea

I'd prefer two or three of their golden boys to get crocked for 9 months. They're adamant they'll get well over £100m for Cantwell, both full backs, Buendia & Godfrey.

Although Krul is by far their best player. Still has at least 5 years left at the top.

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:52 - Jul 14 with 1663 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:50 - Jul 14 by DinnernotTea

In fairness they have a number of assets that could well be worth quite a bit of money.

Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey, Jamal Lewis, Todd Cantwell and even Adam Idah will have huge price tags on their heads if any one wants them.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:57 - Jul 14 with 1661 viewsPJH

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:52 - Jul 14 by Libero

In fairness they have a number of assets that could well be worth quite a bit of money.

Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey, Jamal Lewis, Todd Cantwell and even Adam Idah will have huge price tags on their heads if any one wants them.

Must be based on what they did before the break or what they might do in the future because none of them have looked any good in the games since the resumption.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:01 - Jul 14 with 1654 viewsIpswichKnight

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:51 - Jul 14 by DinnernotTea

Although Krul is by far their best player. Still has at least 5 years left at the top.

That's both the full backs who leak crosses like a sieve and part of a defence that couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag on Cromer pier.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:03 - Jul 14 with 1638 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:57 - Jul 14 by PJH

Must be based on what they did before the break or what they might do in the future because none of them have looked any good in the games since the resumption.

Jamal Lewis is a full international, Max Aarons has a lot of minutes under his belt for such a young lad and Ben Godfrey has all the attributes to make it as a decent ball playing centre half. Ultimately I think they have all suffered due to the fact they're all so inexperienced at Premier League level and playing in the same back line.
If they'd dropped one or two of these great defensive prospects in with the rest of the back line being grizzled and battle hardened Premier League professionals then they might have not only improved as a team but showcased their individual talents better.

Cantwell is in obvious talent, although I get the feeling he is the one most likely to stay as he will cost that little bit more and has been a first team regular for quite a bit less time than the likes of Lewis, Aarons and Godfrey, another year being the main man there will see his stock rise, even though it is in the Championship.

The work Norwich have done around their Academy and the pathway to the first team they have provided players is exceptional.
Login to get fewer ads

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:05 - Jul 14 with 1638 viewsDennyx4

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:57 - Jul 14 by PJH

I think they are seriously wanting one of the full backs to go, as have adequate replacement in Byram.

I am not sure I would want to pay over the odds for a defender from Norwich, given their very poor defensive record. That includes the fullbacks and Godfrey.

I did see that there are a few La Liga clubs interested in Buendia (personally think he is their best player).

It will be interesting to see if there is much money being offered post covid.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:05 - Jul 14 with 1635 viewsDinnernotTea

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:01 - Jul 14 by IpswichKnight

That's both the full backs who leak crosses like a sieve and part of a defence that couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag on Cromer pier.

But this is Planet Premiership. Tyrone Mings moved to Villa for £26m. The same Tyrone Mings that couldn't get into the Bourenmouth team.

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:07 - Jul 14 with 1623 viewsbrazil1982

Knowing them they'd lose 8-0 as City miss 3 penalties and have 3 ruled out for a mm offside decision.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:09 - Jul 14 with 1616 viewsclive_baker

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:52 - Jul 14 by Libero

They really do. It pains me to say it, and he's suspect defensively so I'm not sure he's a right back, but Aarons does look a lovely player going forward.

Buendia's a very good player too, technically. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Spain and do very well there.

Cantwell will attract a big fee because he's English. I'm not overly convinced he'll ever be anything more that a decent Premier League player for a mid table or lower league side, but even then you have to be talking big money.

Best thing Idah could do is stay put and score 15 goals next year for them in the Championship.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:09 - Jul 14 with 1604 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:05 - Jul 14 by Dennyx4

I think they are seriously wanting one of the full backs to go, as have adequate replacement in Byram.

I am not sure I would want to pay over the odds for a defender from Norwich, given their very poor defensive record. That includes the fullbacks and Godfrey.

I did see that there are a few La Liga clubs interested in Buendia (personally think he is their best player).

It will be interesting to see if there is much money being offered post covid.

You've got to look beyond that record and look at the players themselves, their ages, the minutes they've already played in professional football, the attributes they posses and how they would compliment any team they would join.

I think to have 3 lads under 22 in a back line is a very brave move, let alone 3 lads under 22 who have never played in the Premier League before.
It doesn't mean they're bad players or that they're in some way not the prospects people say they are, it just means that as a unit they lacked the requisite experience to make a fist of it and it showed.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:10 - Jul 14 with 1607 viewsDennyx4

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:03 - Jul 14 by Libero

Jamal Lewis is a full international, Max Aarons has a lot of minutes under his belt for such a young lad and Ben Godfrey has all the attributes to make it as a decent ball playing centre half. Ultimately I think they have all suffered due to the fact they're all so inexperienced at Premier League level and playing in the same back line.
If they'd dropped one or two of these great defensive prospects in with the rest of the back line being grizzled and battle hardened Premier League professionals then they might have not only improved as a team but showcased their individual talents better.

Cantwell is in obvious talent, although I get the feeling he is the one most likely to stay as he will cost that little bit more and has been a first team regular for quite a bit less time than the likes of Lewis, Aarons and Godfrey, another year being the main man there will see his stock rise, even though it is in the Championship.

The work Norwich have done around their Academy and the pathway to the first team they have provided players is exceptional.

Agree with most of that - albeit aren't most of the youngsters you mention bought from other clubs, rather than coming through the academy.

I know Maddison came from Coventry, thought Godfrey was bought from York, and Aarons bought from Luton (may be wrong) - not sure on Lewis. Cantwell definitely from academy.

They have also just bought one from Coventry too - so obviously a key strategy in buying good young players at lower league teams for a million or so. Probably why there was interest in Dozzell from north of the border.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:12 - Jul 14 with 1597 viewsDennyx4

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:09 - Jul 14 by Libero

You've got to look beyond that record and look at the players themselves, their ages, the minutes they've already played in professional football, the attributes they posses and how they would compliment any team they would join.

I think to have 3 lads under 22 in a back line is a very brave move, let alone 3 lads under 22 who have never played in the Premier League before.
It doesn't mean they're bad players or that they're in some way not the prospects people say they are, it just means that as a unit they lacked the requisite experience to make a fist of it and it showed.

Fair point - and would probably done better with just the one playing.

I do think they are encouraging offers for Aarons, as already have the replacement.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:15 - Jul 14 with 1587 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:10 - Jul 14 by Dennyx4

Agree with most of that - albeit aren't most of the youngsters you mention bought from other clubs, rather than coming through the academy.

I know Maddison came from Coventry, thought Godfrey was bought from York, and Aarons bought from Luton (may be wrong) - not sure on Lewis. Cantwell definitely from academy.

They have also just bought one from Coventry too - so obviously a key strategy in buying good young players at lower league teams for a million or so. Probably why there was interest in Dozzell from north of the border.

Aye, I know Ben Godfrey came from another club, York I believe, so still a fair spot!

I just gave it a Google, yes, Max Aarons did come from Luton it was at a very young age though and by no means belittles the incredible job Norwich's Academy are doing in both coaching and recruitment.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:22 - Jul 14 with 1566 viewsitfcjoe

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:09 - Jul 14 by Libero

I'm sorry Godfrey just isn't very good - I'm not even convinced he's a CB

They were poor defensively in the Championship and diabolical defensively in the PL, the 2 full backs contributed lots going forwards last season, but next to nothing this season.

Aarons looks the brightest of the 2, Lewis is decent enough but I can't see either being signed to go anywhere as 1st choice next year, at clubs that will spend the money required to get a full back there. If Aarons can be got in the £20m range then he will go.

Cantwell will go, as he has shown he can play in the PL in the tight spaces required at the business end of the pitch, Buendia may go abroad, I hope he stays as he strikes me as one who will down tools if he doesn't get a move.

If Norwich want £50m for Godfrey who is going to pay that? He hasn't proven he can play in the PL yet.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:24 - Jul 14 with 1562 viewsitfcjoe

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:15 - Jul 14 by Libero

Aye, I know Ben Godfrey came from another club, York I believe, so still a fair spot!

I just gave it a Google, yes, Max Aarons did come from Luton it was at a very young age though and by no means belittles the incredible job Norwich's Academy are doing in both coaching and recruitment.

I think it is a fair point - for those the academy ar egetting grea credit for, Lewis and Aarons came across at 16, Godfrey was 18 and alrady playing for York and Maddison a similar age and £3m

They do a lot of recruitment at that 17-18 age group, even there recent academy debut was signed from Arsenal at 16.

Cantwell, like the Murphy's, is very much the exception - they are doing very little up to U16s with their players

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:27 - Jul 14 with 1533 viewsrickw

I can't see it, Man City will most likely have the FA cup final a few days after they play Norwich, then CL against Real Madrid after that - I imagine they'll play a mostly second string side....

I think most of those Norwich players are overrated - clearly better than what we have, but they are good Championship/bottom half Prem level. I read the other day they value Godfrey at £50m - I've seen nothing in their defence this season that suggests he's even a Premier League level player at the moment....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:30 - Jul 14 with 1514 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:22 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I'm sorry Godfrey just isn't very good - I'm not even convinced he's a CB

They were poor defensively in the Championship and diabolical defensively in the PL, the 2 full backs contributed lots going forwards last season, but next to nothing this season.

Aarons looks the brightest of the 2, Lewis is decent enough but I can't see either being signed to go anywhere as 1st choice next year, at clubs that will spend the money required to get a full back there. If Aarons can be got in the £20m range then he will go.

Cantwell will go, as he has shown he can play in the PL in the tight spaces required at the business end of the pitch, Buendia may go abroad, I hope he stays as he strikes me as one who will down tools if he doesn't get a move.

If Norwich want £50m for Godfrey who is going to pay that? He hasn't proven he can play in the PL yet.

I wish we had a centre back as bad as Ben Godfrey.

I do however agree that fifty million is an absurd amount.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:32 - Jul 14 with 1504 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:24 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I think it is a fair point - for those the academy ar egetting grea credit for, Lewis and Aarons came across at 16, Godfrey was 18 and alrady playing for York and Maddison a similar age and £3m

They do a lot of recruitment at that 17-18 age group, even there recent academy debut was signed from Arsenal at 16.

Cantwell, like the Murphy's, is very much the exception - they are doing very little up to U16s with their players

Indeed, but I'm not sure it should be a criticism? It's a model that is clearly very much working for them.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:42 - Jul 14 with 1472 viewsitfcjoe

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:30 - Jul 14 by Libero

I wish we had a centre back as bad as Ben Godfrey.

I do however agree that fifty million is an absurd amount.

Adam Webster is better than him and we sold him for less than £4m

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:43 - Jul 14 with 1468 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:42 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

Yup, Webster's certainly better, but I think that's more a mark on us than Norwich and Ben Godfrey.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:49 - Jul 14 with 1465 viewsclive_baker

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:42 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I would argue Cresswell's better than Lewis but you can bet your life they'll get more than £3m for him. Having a season in the Premier League definitely helps justify a price tag, as well as the enviable financial position they're in by way of valuable assets.

I don't mind Godfrey, I think a fairer test would be to put him in an Everton and see if he flourishes, but I wouldn't pay £20m for him. Blooding so many in one team was always going to be a challenge. They've been really sh1t defensively. They really could've done with more experienced heads to take the load off the yoof. A Gary Cahill.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:53 - Jul 14 with 1448 viewsitfcjoe

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:49 - Jul 14 by clive_baker

I would argue Cresswell's better than Lewis but you can bet your life they'll get more than £3m for him. Having a season in the Premier League definitely helps justify a price tag, as well as the enviable financial position they're in by way of valuable assets.

I don't mind Godfrey, I think a fairer test would be to put him in an Everton and see if he flourishes, but I wouldn't pay £20m for him. Blooding so many in one team was always going to be a challenge. They've been really sh1t defensively. They really could've done with more experienced heads to take the load off the yoof. A Gary Cahill.

I just don't see that they are going to get the sort of fees they want for their players as aren't going to be starters where they go - if they want £50m for Godfrey it limits it to such a small pool of buyers, which of them need a CB? Maybe Arsenal, will hey pay it?

I think Cantwell will deservedly go, and I think they will sell at least one of their full backs for a price more reflective of the fact they will likely be going somewhere to challeneg and not start.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024