Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just noticed scums last game of the season 14:35 - Jul 14 with 2151 viewstextbackup

away to man city....

that could be a real icing on the cake for this season for them, take our record.....

now that is something i could celebrate, them going down means nothing to me, but getting dicked by 10 would be wonderful

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:55 - Jul 14 with 429 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:53 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I just don't see that they are going to get the sort of fees they want for their players as aren't going to be starters where they go - if they want £50m for Godfrey it limits it to such a small pool of buyers, which of them need a CB? Maybe Arsenal, will hey pay it?

I think Cantwell will deservedly go, and I think they will sell at least one of their full backs for a price more reflective of the fact they will likely be going somewhere to challeneg and not start.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cantwell stays another season.

In a normal transfer window I think someone would inevitably take a punt, but we still don't really know how clubs outside of the elite are going to operate.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:57 - Jul 14 with 431 viewsitfcjoe

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:55 - Jul 14 by Libero

I wouldn't be surprised if Cantwell stays another season.

In a normal transfer window I think someone would inevitably take a punt, but we still don't really know how clubs outside of the elite are going to operate.

He'll go to a very big club, will fit in there as a rotation player with potential to kick on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:04 - Jul 14 with 422 viewsclive_baker

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:53 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I just don't see that they are going to get the sort of fees they want for their players as aren't going to be starters where they go - if they want £50m for Godfrey it limits it to such a small pool of buyers, which of them need a CB? Maybe Arsenal, will hey pay it?

I think Cantwell will deservedly go, and I think they will sell at least one of their full backs for a price more reflective of the fact they will likely be going somewhere to challeneg and not start.

I didn't realise they've put that price on him. That really is mental.

I think they'll sell Cantwell and Aarons, for a combined £50m, maybe Pukki too, one of the promoted teams might take a punt on him for £10m.

You're right they definitely need to temper their expectations if they think they're getting £50m for Godfrey.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:05 - Jul 14 with 420 viewsbournemouthblue

just noticed scums last game of the season on 14:50 - Jul 14 by DinnernotTea

I'd prefer two or three of their golden boys to get crocked for 9 months. They're adamant they'll get well over £100m for Cantwell, both full backs, Buendia & Godfrey.

It's possible but they'd be disassembling all the parts which got them to the Prem

I'd have thought one of those plus Pukki would suffice

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:22 - Jul 14 with 404 viewsmidastouch

I hope Man City have revenge in mind and don't go easy on the Budgies by playing a couple of fringe academy players. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Ben Knight getting a run out against them.

Man Utd would often do that last game of the season (i.e. play 2 or 3 fringe players) and then sell them on for an overpriced fee! Fergie used to love pulling that trick! Lee Martin springs to mind! Fergie used to love ripping off ex-players (turned manager) selling them his casts-offs at exorbitant prices. He even sent a few clangers to his own son at Posh! When Bryan "ee by" Gunn had his brief and disastrous spell as manager (or Sheriff was it!) of Norwich apparently he was ringing Fergie for advice. Well that went well!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:50 - Jul 14 with 368 viewstextbackup

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:22 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I'm sorry Godfrey just isn't very good - I'm not even convinced he's a CB

They were poor defensively in the Championship and diabolical defensively in the PL, the 2 full backs contributed lots going forwards last season, but next to nothing this season.

Aarons looks the brightest of the 2, Lewis is decent enough but I can't see either being signed to go anywhere as 1st choice next year, at clubs that will spend the money required to get a full back there. If Aarons can be got in the £20m range then he will go.

Cantwell will go, as he has shown he can play in the PL in the tight spaces required at the business end of the pitch, Buendia may go abroad, I hope he stays as he strikes me as one who will down tools if he doesn't get a move.

If Norwich want £50m for Godfrey who is going to pay that? He hasn't proven he can play in the PL yet.

I've mentioned the scummer from work on here before, lives in Ipswich, supports Norwich, watches Town at home more than he gets to CR.... anyway, he believes Wolfenden to be a bettter player than Godfrey, I mentioned the difference in quality they face weekly but he's convinced LW will play a higher level for a longer period

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:57 - Jul 14 with 363 viewsitfcjoe

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:50 - Jul 14 by textbackup

I've mentioned the scummer from work on here before, lives in Ipswich, supports Norwich, watches Town at home more than he gets to CR.... anyway, he believes Wolfenden to be a bettter player than Godfrey, I mentioned the difference in quality they face weekly but he's convinced LW will play a higher level for a longer period

I personally wouldn't go that far, Woolfie got away with a lot of lapses last season because he was seen as up and coming in my view.

I think Woolfie will make it to the PL, but one big transfer for FGodfrey and no matter how poor he is he will keep getting games at a high level - I think he'll end up moving backinto midfield.

But don't think your mate is that on his own with regards to thinking he isn't all that, think a few fans seem to think similar - too many believe that just because you possess the physical attributes and look like a player then you will be one, when so much of it is mental. He needs a season under a proper organising manager like a Dyche or Hodgson to learn how to defend, but managers like that won't be at a club which will spend that sort of money.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:59 - Jul 14 with 360 viewsDennyx4

just noticed scums last game of the season on 15:32 - Jul 14 by Libero

Indeed, but I'm not sure it should be a criticism? It's a model that is clearly very much working for them.

I think the model works very well for them - just not sure it gives credence to a great academy.

I guess I am just annoyed as similar happens to us, with good youngsters from our academy being poached by bigger teams.

It appears that Norwich do this and it is a lucrative way to run the club. I wouldn't be complaining if we were poaching the best kids from other academies though, so understand your reasoning.
Login to get fewer ads

just noticed scums last game of the season on 17:24 - Jul 14 with 342 viewsLibero

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:59 - Jul 14 by Dennyx4

I think the model works very well for them - just not sure it gives credence to a great academy.

I guess I am just annoyed as similar happens to us, with good youngsters from our academy being poached by bigger teams.

It appears that Norwich do this and it is a lucrative way to run the club. I wouldn't be complaining if we were poaching the best kids from other academies though, so understand your reasoning.

Who do you think is identifying these youngsters and recruiting them? More often than not it’s the Academy staff, buh.

I also think it’s a bit misleading to suggest they’re simply “poaching” others talent, quite often they’re identifying players thar top clubs let go that they believe have potential, as well as looking beneath them, etc.

They’re running a great Academy, sticks in the throat to say, but it’s true.
just noticed scums last game of the season on 18:19 - Jul 14 with 326 viewsbournemouthblue

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:22 - Jul 14 by midastouch

I hope Man City have revenge in mind and don't go easy on the Budgies by playing a couple of fringe academy players. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Ben Knight getting a run out against them.

Man Utd would often do that last game of the season (i.e. play 2 or 3 fringe players) and then sell them on for an overpriced fee! Fergie used to love pulling that trick! Lee Martin springs to mind! Fergie used to love ripping off ex-players (turned manager) selling them his casts-offs at exorbitant prices. He even sent a few clangers to his own son at Posh! When Bryan "ee by" Gunn had his brief and disastrous spell as manager (or Sheriff was it!) of Norwich apparently he was ringing Fergie for advice. Well that went well!

I assume they'll have the FA Cup and Champions League potentially as well so there maybe an element of rest going on

On the flipside, they could all be battling for their places

It's certainly a mouthwatering prospect either way, city really could turn it on
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 22:41]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

just noticed scums last game of the season on 21:54 - Jul 14 with 276 viewsDinnernotTea

just noticed scums last game of the season on 16:50 - Jul 14 by textbackup

Why does the scum bstard want to go to Portman Road so often if he supports them?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024