Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season 17:19 - Jul 14 with 1137 viewsdominiciawful

I don't really want to dwell too much on the pathetic campaign that was the season just gone, but was just trying to think of the best moments for us?

- Downes' diving header against Shrewsbury after Vincent-Young and then Jackson powered down the wing

- KVY's solo goal against Tranmere (and Garbutt's free-kick in the same game)

- The relief of Jackson's late winner at home to Wimbledon

- Holy's penalty save vs Wycombe

Any others?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 17:24 - Jul 14 with 1107 viewsPendejo

KVY goal at Gillingham

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 17:24 - Jul 14 with 1103 viewsCokeIsKey

Chambers posh equaliser.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 17:27 - Jul 14 with 1096 viewsshouldistayorcounago

Noj relegation
Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 17:33 - Jul 14 with 1087 viewsblueprint

The season being curtailed and thus putting everyone out of their misery.
Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 17:57 - Jul 14 with 1053 viewsPJH

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 17:27 - Jul 14 by shouldistayorcounago

Noj relegation

That is the best thing that happened in 2019/20 in my opinion.
Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 07:53 - Jul 15 with 926 viewsLibero

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 17:27 - Jul 14 by shouldistayorcounago

Noj relegation

Tin pot.
Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 08:02 - Jul 15 with 922 viewsHerbivore

I think you've covered all the good things we did this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 08:21 - Jul 15 with 893 viewspatrickswell

Winning an FA Cup time and gaining a measure of revenge over Lincoln in the process.

The Fleetwood win looked like a sign that we could win tight games against teams up there wth us. The mark of champions. That was October 5 and we won only 5 more league games up to March 7.

At that rate our next highlight will be Lambert’s departure.
Login to get fewer ads

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 08:51 - Jul 15 with 864 viewsITFC_Forever

Southend away, not necessarily for the performance, which was pretty routine, but the away experience in general.
A taste of how it used to be. TWTD.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 09:15 - Jul 15 with 837 viewsSteve_M

There were a few, just that they were mainly in the first couple of months of the season. Anyway, I enjoyed all of the below:

- Burton away on the opening day, seeing a win after one game rather than four months of the season was good, plus the pubs;

- Peterborough away. Odd game in that both sides had good spells and quite poor spells but a last minute equaliser in front of a packed away end is never a bad thing;

- Shrewsbury at home, merest thing to a routine home win in years, plus Downes excellent team goal;

- Gillingham away, last warm weekend of the Summer, packed away end, nice team goal and a good win;

- Tranmere at home, tricky first half and then we blew them away in the second;

- Southend, comfortable win, good away day. And I had barely been back from Australia for 24 hours too!

- Most of January. Accrington, Lincoln and especially Tranmere away which was almost like the late 90s under Burley - a game we had to work hard to earn the right to win with two good goals.Plus some good pubs with good friends.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 09:41 - Jul 15 with 799 viewsJakeITFC

Southend and Gillingham away were both good fun.

Lincoln away in the cup was also good to get that monkey off our backs (and always enjoyable to have an old school rush to the front celebration in the last minute).
Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 09:45 - Jul 15 with 790 viewsKeno

Hearing Lee O'Neils inspiring and insightful comments

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 09:55 - Jul 15 with 774 viewsRadlett_blue

The decision to end the season early.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 13:15 - Jul 15 with 684 viewsNthQldITFC

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 13:20 - Jul 15 with 672 viewsclive_baker

- Burton home was a pretty good performance to be fair.

Not a moment per se, but:

- KVY generally. Exactly the sort of signing we should be making and been ages since we've had a right back as good as him.

- Woolfenden. Was on loan in L2 the previous season lets not forget, and somewhat thrown into the side to good effect. Promising.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Best Ipswich Town moments of the 2019/20 season on 13:35 - Jul 15 with 639 viewsLankHenners

Jon Nolan being put through on goal and deciding to head it instead of letting it drop down and shoot normally.

James Norwood hitting almost every single 1v1 straight at the 'keeper.

Will Norris deciding to wait for Sammie Szmodics to come right up to him before failing to fake him out and conceding a stupid goal even though he had about 8 years to either find a pass or just clear the ball.

Ok maybe not the *best* moments, and not even good, but the sort of thing you can look back and laugh (cry) at now.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024