Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Saturday Comes - "Long Suffering Fans" 17:25 - Jul 14 with 440 viewsuefacup81

There's an interesting piece in the July/August edition of When Saturday Comes attempting to distill which fans are actually entitled to refer to themselves as 'long-suffering' (not Liverpool, Arsenal, or Newcastle...)

Unsurprisingly enough, our current 20-year run of no promotions or trophies puts us at the giddy heights of third-placed in the list, behind only Oldham (29 years) and Everton (25 years).

Also a fantastic opportunity to tout the excellent quality of WSC, particularly given the fact that they are struggling financially at the moment. Every subscription taken out will no doubt help them keep going long past the current 400th-issue milestone.

Phil - I hope you don't mind my posting the various options below

Subscribe with a free T-Shirt here: https://shop.wsc.co.uk/wsc-400-subscription-offer.html
Subscribe with a free book here: https://shop.wsc.co.uk/wsc-saturday-3pm-subscription-offer.html
Subscribe for a friend/loved one here: https://shop.wsc.co.uk/gift-subscriptions.html
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 17:38]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

When Saturday Comes - "Long Suffering Fans" on 17:27 - Jul 14 with 418 viewsbrazil1982

I would encourage people to subscribe - they are after all the only half decent football magazine.
When Saturday Comes - "Long Suffering Fans" on 17:33 - Jul 14 with 394 viewsuefacup81

When Saturday Comes - "Long Suffering Fans" on 17:27 - Jul 14 by brazil1982

I would encourage people to subscribe - they are after all the only half decent football magazine.

Agreed.

I don't understand how something like FourFourTwo can occupy such a lofty position in the football magazines market, given that it's essentially an extension of the carefully-worded corporate guff that you'll see in any matchday programme up and down the land, with a extra-heavy pinch of advertising thrown in for good measure.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

When Saturday Comes - "Long Suffering Fans" on 17:41 - Jul 14 with 371 viewsbluelagos

Done.

I subscribed for years before I first went overseas (they never delivered to Nigeria) and always enjoyed the read.

Particularly liked the trips to the African nations cup they would advertise - would defo give one of them a go if they were back on :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When Saturday Comes - "Long Suffering Fans" on 17:41 - Jul 14 with 371 viewsPendejo

When Saturday Comes - "Long Suffering Fans" on 17:33 - Jul 14 by uefacup81

Agreed.

I don't understand how something like FourFourTwo can occupy such a lofty position in the football magazines market, given that it's essentially an extension of the carefully-worded corporate guff that you'll see in any matchday programme up and down the land, with a extra-heavy pinch of advertising thrown in for good measure.

It's similar to broadsheet v tabloid. Tabloids are written for a low mental age, FFT is glossy and shiny, whereas WSC derived from the fanzine movement and is written for a deeper understanding of the game outside PL.

Long live WSC

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024