Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice 20:30 - Jul 14 with 747 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/13/ghislaine-maxwell-court-sex-traf

LOL JK, the legal system has been something the super rich can buy out of for decades.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:36 - Jul 14 with 708 viewssparks

What is it you are taking issue with here? I have a number of major reservations about the US system- but I am not at all clear what you are reading in that link which leads to post title and comments.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:38 - Jul 14 with 700 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:36 - Jul 14 by sparks

What is it you are taking issue with here? I have a number of major reservations about the US system- but I am not at all clear what you are reading in that link which leads to post title and comments.

Do you think she’s innocent?

TWTD never forgets…

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:43 - Jul 14 with 688 viewssparks

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:38 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Do you think she’s innocent?

I haven't considered any evidence.

What is it that you are taking issue with in the article? Or am I missing the point?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:49 - Jul 14 with 664 viewsitfcjoe

What’s the issue so far? She’s been denied bail which is surely a good start

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:55 - Jul 14 with 639 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:49 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

What’s the issue so far? She’s been denied bail which is surely a good start

Declaring not guilty with the stuff she clearly knows.

TWTD never forgets…

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:56 - Jul 14 with 635 viewssparks

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:55 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

What has that got to do with the legal system? People are pleading guilty to things they have done every day of the week in every system. Not sure what the point is here.

Surely you are not suggesting that a person should not have the opportunity to argue their case?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:57 - Jul 14 with 638 viewsfooters

Erm, I don't know if you know this or not, callis, but pleading non-guilty is a pretty good way to start as a defendant in the US.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:59 - Jul 14 with 623 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:57 - Jul 14 by footers

Erm, I don't know if you know this or not, callis, but pleading non-guilty is a pretty good way to start as a defendant in the US.

But she isn’t innocent, is she.

I’m wondering what the odds are on “suicide before trial” at William Hill personally.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:04 - Jul 14 with 599 viewsitfcjoe

I’m still not really sure the issue, what were you expecting her to plead?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:05 - Jul 14 with 603 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 20:59 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

I’m wondering what the odds are on “suicide before trial” at William Hill personally.

In the words of the wise Vicky Pollard when discussing her plea: "what's the one where you done it, but you don't want no one to know you done it?"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:06 - Jul 14 with 599 viewssparks

I have no idea if she is innocent.

But I have no clue what makes someone pleading not guilty and seemingly not getting bail a "joke" and the "banter era of law and justice".

I assumed you to be someone who would believe strongly in the idea that you should not be prejudged- and should be innocent until proven guilty.

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:06 - Jul 14 with 596 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:05 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

In the words of the wise Vicky Pollard when discussing her plea: "what's the one where you done it, but you don't want no one to know you done it?"

Based on the last 4 decades and what we are learning, I think the solution is “kill them and make it look like suicide”.

TWTD never forgets…

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:08 - Jul 14 with 588 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:06 - Jul 14 by sparks

I have no idea if she is innocent.

But I have no clue what makes someone pleading not guilty and seemingly not getting bail a "joke" and the "banter era of law and justice".

I assumed you to be someone who would believe strongly in the idea that you should not be prejudged- and should be innocent until proven guilty.

If you have no idea if she’s guilty or not, perhaps this isn’t the thread for you 🤷‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:13 - Jul 14 with 565 viewsBlueBadger

Oh, Callis. You've gone Full Chico with this one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:13 - Jul 14 with 569 viewsPJH

It would save a lot of time if everyone that is ever charged with anything pleased guilty to it.

No need for lawyers or a jury or anything like that.
Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:15 - Jul 14 with 555 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:13 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

Oh, Callis. You've gone Full Chico with this one.

Depends how deep you believe it goes I guess.

TWTD never forgets…

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:17 - Jul 14 with 536 viewsmonytowbray

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:13 - Jul 14 by PJH

It would save a lot of time if everyone that is ever charged with anything pleased guilty to it.

No need for lawyers or a jury or anything like that.

Considering these people gave rigged the justice system in their favour via an endless list of shady means for decades, I do wonder how efficient it really is.

Helps if you’re white too in the USA.

TWTD never forgets…

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:19 - Jul 14 with 521 viewssparks

Welcome to the BANTER era of law and justice on 21:08 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

If you have no idea if she’s guilty or not, perhaps this isn’t the thread for you 🤷‍♂️

Gmpf.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024