Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who here has been wearing a face mask? 11:46 - Jul 15 with 4373 viewsFixed_It

I have just purchased my first one. Anyone else been wearing one regularly/occasionally/for work only?

What's it like?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:30 - Jul 15 with 1247 viewsEly_Blue

Only ever had to wear one once so far which was on public transport last week when going to collect my car from the garage.

I have no problems wearing one if it is mandatory although I wouldn’t wear one by choice to go shopping.

I have a good supply of disposable ones supplied to me by my employer for when I am able to go out and visit customers regularly and I see this as being more of a risk than being in a shop for 5 minutes whilst social distancing

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:52 - Jul 15 with 1231 viewsBiGDonnie

Yup! Been travelling back into London 2/3 times a week for the past month or so. Wear it every day to and from the office. Still a few who don't.

It's not particularly comfortable and leaves a horrible line in my otherwise flawless beard, that said it's manageable and not as bad as some make it out to be.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:59 - Jul 15 with 1219 viewsBloomBlue

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:52 - Jul 15 by BiGDonnie

Yup! Been travelling back into London 2/3 times a week for the past month or so. Wear it every day to and from the office. Still a few who don't.

It's not particularly comfortable and leaves a horrible line in my otherwise flawless beard, that said it's manageable and not as bad as some make it out to be.

If you grew a mustache and let it and the beard grow into each other wouldn't that count as a face covering?
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 14:01 - Jul 15 with 1212 viewsBlueBadger

Not really sure, only done it once or twice.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 15:44 - Jul 15 with 1157 viewsMeadowlark

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 11:51 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I have started today with a face covering snood thing anD ordered a mask online today

Want to get in the habit of doing it before it is law

Yes. I've been wearing a snood, but I think shopkeepers think I've come to rob the place. Another problem is that my glasses steam up and I cant see where I'm going or what I'm purchasing, so not good really.
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 16:31 - Jul 15 with 1127 viewsBLUEBEAT

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 11:59 - Jul 15 by NewcyBlue

My glasses steam up unless I wear it in just the right way.

I find wearing it at work easier than at home. At home my hayfever is pretty bad so I am constantly taking the mask off to sneeze etc. I don’t have that whilst on board, even in port.

I have got a couple of snood type things from decathlon that are handing, and a filter mask that has velcro at the back too.

I don’t mind wearing it.

This way reduces fogging of glasses significantly

Poll: W or W

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 17:07 - Jul 15 with 1110 viewsBloomBlue

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 15:44 - Jul 15 by Meadowlark

Yes. I've been wearing a snood, but I think shopkeepers think I've come to rob the place. Another problem is that my glasses steam up and I cant see where I'm going or what I'm purchasing, so not good really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2xKF4w6swjB8PyJfKmlxSsH/how-to-stop-gl
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 17:43 - Jul 15 with 1088 viewsRyorry

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 17:07 - Jul 15 by BloomBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2xKF4w6swjB8PyJfKmlxSsH/how-to-stop-gl

Thanks - also found this quite helpful (it was actually a link on WarkTheWark's caption comp thread!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53395513

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 18:22 - Jul 15 with 1067 viewsBloomBlue

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 17:43 - Jul 15 by Ryorry

Thanks - also found this quite helpful (it was actually a link on WarkTheWark's caption comp thread!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53395513

I also find the reusable cotton face masks steam up my glasses less than the disposable masks, now that might simply be because of a better fit but consistently the cotton reusable ones are better at not steaming up my glasses
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 22:04 - Jul 15 with 1013 viewsRyorry

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 18:22 - Jul 15 by BloomBlue

I also find the reusable cotton face masks steam up my glasses less than the disposable masks, now that might simply be because of a better fit but consistently the cotton reusable ones are better at not steaming up my glasses

Appreciate the info, cheers 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 22:21 - Jul 15 with 998 viewsPlums

I have been wearing one in shops for about three weeks. No issues to report. I’ve discovered people are less likely to get as close as they did when i wasn’t wearing one. It must be a psychological ‘infection’ response. Either that or they don’t like the look of an ITFC ultra!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 22:34 - Jul 15 with 991 viewsClapham_Junction

I've been wearing them while using public transport. Had been using the blue medical masks, but was given a washable foam-type one today, which I have to say is a vast improvement - fits the face much better and doesn't steam up my glasses at all.
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 08:11 - Jul 16 with 904 viewsSarge

Work sent me some in case it made me feel safer when returning to the office (nice of them but it doesn’t and I won’t be anyway). Wore one on an empty train, was sh1t and pointless. I won’t be wearing one to go shopping so as of the 24th it’s online shopping for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024