Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who here has been wearing a face mask? 11:46 - Jul 15 with 4374 viewsFixed_It

I have just purchased my first one. Anyone else been wearing one regularly/occasionally/for work only?

What's it like?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 11:51 - Jul 15 with 3093 viewsitfcjoe

I have started today with a face covering snood thing anD ordered a mask online today

Want to get in the habit of doing it before it is law

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 11:51 - Jul 15 with 3093 viewsBloomBlue

They're ok but a real pain when trying to drink a pint in the pub

Edit. You'll probably need more than one mask.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 11:52]
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 11:59 - Jul 15 with 3054 viewsNewcyBlue

My glasses steam up unless I wear it in just the right way.

I find wearing it at work easier than at home. At home my hayfever is pretty bad so I am constantly taking the mask off to sneeze etc. I don’t have that whilst on board, even in port.

I have got a couple of snood type things from decathlon that are handing, and a filter mask that has velcro at the back too.

I don’t mind wearing it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:02 - Jul 15 with 3039 viewswkj

I have mine, it goes lovely with my socks and sandals. I have been wearing one since before lockdown as I work in a lot of buildings with HVAC systems. Just make sure you always wash your hands and sanitise before putting it on and removing it. I have seen people pull theirs off when getting in the cars and have winced.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:04 - Jul 15 with 3030 viewsKeno

I have done but tend to find the rubber chaffs rather when I get hot and then its difficult to take off

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:04 - Jul 15 with 3032 viewsDubtractor

Have barely needed to leave the house to go into busy places since this started, but have a pack of surgical masks for the occasions that I have.

They are pretty crappy to wear, but I'll cope.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:05 - Jul 15 with 3027 viewsjeera

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:02 - Jul 15 by wkj

I have mine, it goes lovely with my socks and sandals. I have been wearing one since before lockdown as I work in a lot of buildings with HVAC systems. Just make sure you always wash your hands and sanitise before putting it on and removing it. I have seen people pull theirs off when getting in the cars and have winced.

I bet you were wearing one as an accessory before this even started.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:06 - Jul 15 with 3024 viewsjeera

I get around it by not going anywhere.

I do have a couple as it goes, for when I will need to.

Login to get fewer ads

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:07 - Jul 15 with 3012 viewswkj

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:05 - Jul 15 by jeera

I bet you were wearing one as an accessory before this even started.

I failed to mention mine is a full on morph suit in the style of the Australian flag donated to me...

I wish I was making this up, but I do own one, and it was gifted to me by some Aussies (though I don't use it as a face mask... but I could!)

I even popped on my Phil sun hat.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:12 - Jul 15 with 2984 viewsOldsmoker

I have been given a disposable mask everytime I go to the Doctors Surgery for my blood test.
I don't throw it away until I get the next one.
I've worn it every time I've gone out.
It's a bit of a bind but so what, I'm doing my bit to protect myself and others.
I have been asked many times why I'm wearing the mask and my answer is "Why aren't you?"
I don't want to catch the virus as I've been a smoker all my life and my lungs can only hold a very small volume of breath now.
I did have a few days in March when I felt a bit flaky and had flu-like symptoms but that whole episode was so mild that I've discounted it.
Sometimes, paranoia can be a good thing.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:15 - Jul 15 with 2975 viewsOldsmoker

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:07 - Jul 15 by wkj

I failed to mention mine is a full on morph suit in the style of the Australian flag donated to me...

I wish I was making this up, but I do own one, and it was gifted to me by some Aussies (though I don't use it as a face mask... but I could!)

I even popped on my Phil sun hat.

Are those shorts necessary?
We're not seeing the full package.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:15 - Jul 15 with 2976 viewsFreddies_Ears

I'm wearing one in shops and have been for a couple of weeks. You get used to it quite quickly. The problem with glasses steaming up seems less in a dry, air-conditioned atmosphere.
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:16 - Jul 15 with 2975 viewsjeera

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:12 - Jul 15 by Oldsmoker

I have been given a disposable mask everytime I go to the Doctors Surgery for my blood test.
I don't throw it away until I get the next one.
I've worn it every time I've gone out.
It's a bit of a bind but so what, I'm doing my bit to protect myself and others.
I have been asked many times why I'm wearing the mask and my answer is "Why aren't you?"
I don't want to catch the virus as I've been a smoker all my life and my lungs can only hold a very small volume of breath now.
I did have a few days in March when I felt a bit flaky and had flu-like symptoms but that whole episode was so mild that I've discounted it.
Sometimes, paranoia can be a good thing.

I'm not sure about reusing the disposables buddy.

I think really they need to be washed after each use hence it's handy to have 2 or 3 of the reusable types.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 12:16]

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:17 - Jul 15 with 2970 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Have been to a few places where visiting drivers are required to wear them. Like Newcy, my glasses steam up if I don't have it just right.

Am working on a new invention, the pubomask. Essentially a mask with two holes in it; one for drinking through and the other so that you can have a fag whilst wearing it. Should soon be available from reputable outlets at £15.99 or a pack of three for £47.97.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:22 - Jul 15 with 2948 viewsBluebell

I bought a couple of packets of them online when we first went into lockdown in March.

Wore one for the first time on Tuesday to Sainsburys. Amazed how many other people were wearing them. Not happy that none of the staff had them on especially the ones wandering round collecting things for the people who have it delivered.

Then I see that staff in shops don't need to wear them. How weird is that?
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:22 - Jul 15 with 2949 viewsFixed_It

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:06 - Jul 15 by jeera

I get around it by not going anywhere.

I do have a couple as it goes, for when I will need to.

It's times like these when it helps being anti-social and unpopular!
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 12:24]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:26 - Jul 15 with 2929 viewsfooters

As a bank robber, I've been wearing them for years. And now that everyone else is too, it should help me evade the old bill even better than before.

Stay safe and wear your mask at all times.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:28 - Jul 15 with 2923 viewsSteve_M

I have done both times I've used public transport (although the train to Ipswich the other weeks was so empty I only wore it getting on and off and in the stations) but not otherwise before this week. The second time wearing one felt a bit better than the first.

I had my haircut yesterday so wore one then, slightly awkward to cut round but otherwise fine and I will wear it in shops from now on (previously it seemed a bit odd to do so as the supermarket in March was much higher risk than now and hardly anyone was wearing one then).

I've got some cloth ones from Etsy which are ok, have some disposable ones too which are more DIY ones but think I prefer the cloth ones.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:40 - Jul 15 with 2862 viewsFixed_It

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:26 - Jul 15 by footers

As a bank robber, I've been wearing them for years. And now that everyone else is too, it should help me evade the old bill even better than before.

Stay safe and wear your mask at all times.

So you expect us to believe you only wear masks for robbing banks? Yeah, right...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:58 - Jul 15 with 2820 viewsellerblue

Have been wearing one for about 2 months it is a requirement here to wear one on public transport and in shops(also all members of staff in shops must wear one plus gloves) we have home made double material with metal strip at the nose end which can be shaped to nose to prevent glasses steaming up has just become the norm to put on take off when required always carried in pocket and to clean is a wash and into microwave, my wife works in car sales customer enters given disposable mask when leaves puts it in bin which is then incinerated we find after a while just becomes a routine.

Heinsberg Blue

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:59 - Jul 15 with 2812 viewsjeera

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 12:22 - Jul 15 by Fixed_It

It's times like these when it helps being anti-social and unpopular!
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 12:24]

My philosophy exactly!

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:00 - Jul 15 with 2810 viewsSomethingBlue

Have had to travel around the country a bit in recent weeks, largely on trains, so yes (wish everyone else using public transport was doing so though; there are some very selfish people in this country). Started wearing to the shops this week. It's ok, you basically get used to it as with anything, but I'm always glad to take it off.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 13:00]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:04 - Jul 15 with 2772 viewsvilanovablue

I've been wearing one since April in shops, it's a pain but I'm a 50 year old with asthma so it seems sensible. Some of the places managing the pandemic well have been wearing masks since it first started based on previous evidence gathered during SARS and MERS outbreaks. There is science that backs up they are an effective tool.

I'd also add it's as much about make others feel safe and that I am taking precautions as a consequence of the pandemic.
So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:18 - Jul 15 with 2733 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes, since late April in shops. You get used to it although I feel bad for people who have to wear them all day long for work.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So who here has been wearing a face mask? on 13:26 - Jul 15 with 2714 viewsgainsboroughblue

Yep. Every day. I get mine provided by my work. It felt pretty stifling at first but got used to it fairly quickly. I've got a couple of washable ones for personal use. My hope is just that I won't need to be doing this for too long (by too long I mean over a year from now). Can certainly see it going on a while though.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024