Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike 12:33 - Jul 15 with 1847 viewsGlasgowBlue

In support of the Uigur Muslims

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 12:43 - Jul 15 with 1804 viewsDarth_Koont

Anything to boost his profile on the right.

It’s a noble cause of course. Just feels a bit Kanye.

Pronouns: He/Him

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 12:59 - Jul 15 with 1758 viewssparks

I have a lot of time for Nawaz. But this seems a bit odd to say the least. The Chinese aren;t going to be remotely interested...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:26 - Jul 15 with 1637 viewsGlasgowBlue

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 12:59 - Jul 15 by sparks

I have a lot of time for Nawaz. But this seems a bit odd to say the least. The Chinese aren;t going to be remotely interested...

He’s been banging this drum for the last decade and is trying to raise more awareness in the U.K. rather than in China.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:30 - Jul 15 with 1625 viewsmidastouch

How about we all go on hunger strike until Evans gets rid of Lambert? Do you think we could hold out for 5 years? ;-)

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:36 - Jul 15 with 1593 viewsDarth_Koont

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:26 - Jul 15 by GlasgowBlue

He’s been banging this drum for the last decade and is trying to raise more awareness in the U.K. rather than in China.

I think "banging" is a little strong. He's mentioned it but this seems suspiciously part of his big Cold War 2 push.

The same thing we saw ramping up earlier in the year from the Tory China Research Group and the neocons in the US.

It's the never-ending cycle of politicians and activists trying to advance their own political and economic interests through pretty selective social justice.

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:51 - Jul 15 with 1538 viewsmonytowbray

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:36 - Jul 15 by Darth_Koont

I think "banging" is a little strong. He's mentioned it but this seems suspiciously part of his big Cold War 2 push.

The same thing we saw ramping up earlier in the year from the Tory China Research Group and the neocons in the US.

It's the never-ending cycle of politicians and activists trying to advance their own political and economic interests through pretty selective social justice.

Cold War 2 started in 2014. Digital infrastructures around the world are always being hacked or meddled with.

Israel almost had their water supply poisoned earlier his year by malware.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:59 - Jul 15 with 1515 viewsDarth_Koont

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:51 - Jul 15 by monytowbray

Cold War 2 started in 2014. Digital infrastructures around the world are always being hacked or meddled with.

Israel almost had their water supply poisoned earlier his year by malware.

Indeed. But that trade and technology war is generally a convenient distraction from underlying environmental, inequality and human rights abuses.

The establishments in the West and Russia/China/Middle East etc. should all be losing power and influence as part of the real fight.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 16:00]

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 17:09 - Jul 15 with 1424 viewsmonytowbray

Maajid Nawaz goes on hunger strike on 15:59 - Jul 15 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. But that trade and technology war is generally a convenient distraction from underlying environmental, inequality and human rights abuses.

The establishments in the West and Russia/China/Middle East etc. should all be losing power and influence as part of the real fight.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 16:00]

The two tie together for me. Propaganda to justify such actions or make people unsympathetic/unaware of it all.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024