Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm going early 16:09 - Jul 15 with 1769 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Because Barnsley, Luton and Hull are going down.

1 Oxford United
2 Barnsley
3 Peterborough United
4 Portsmouth
5 Sunderland
6 Ipswich Town
7 Luton Town
8 Doncaster Rovers
9 Blackpool
10 Bristol Rovers
11 Plymouth Argyle
12 Crewe Alexandra
13 Fleetwood Town
14 Burton Albion
15 Lincoln City
16 Gillingham
17 Hull City
18 Milton Keynes Dons
19 Rochdale
20 Swindon Town
21 Accrington Stanley
22 Shrewsbury Town
23 Northampton Town
24 AFC Wimbledon

There really are some poor sides in the division!

Wimbledon, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Swindon, MK Dons, Accrington, Gillingham, Lincoln, Crewe, Fleetwood … the list goes on. Clubs that could easily fail to see the Championship in the next 20 or 30 years with no danger.

PS - We make 6th because Lambert gets sacked with us 13th in October and Evans (by sheer balance of probabilities) hires a half decent manager after hiring two duds.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 16:11]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I'm going early on 16:31 - Jul 15 with 1660 viewsStokieBlue

Aren't we getting 100 points and 100 goals this season then?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I'm going early on 16:32 - Jul 15 with 1648 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

“Clubs that could easily fail to see the Championship in the next 20 or 30 years with no danger”

You’d have said exactly the same about Wycombe this time last year

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I'm going early on 16:33 - Jul 15 with 1641 viewsIpswichKnight

I'm going early on 16:31 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

Aren't we getting 100 points and 100 goals this season then?

SB

Yes HMS P1ss the league is afloat and is sailing for the Championship and beyond!
I'm going early on 16:34 - Jul 15 with 1638 viewsgtsb1966

I think Luton will be in the top six.... If they come down.
I'm going early on 16:40 - Jul 15 with 1622 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'm going early on 16:32 - Jul 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“Clubs that could easily fail to see the Championship in the next 20 or 30 years with no danger”

You could.

But let's not pretend a club that size getting into the Championship isn't a rarity.

Who have we had get up that far in the last 20 years? Burton? Brentford when they first went up. Bournemouth.

It's not a massive list of clubs as small as half our division next year that go up into the top two tiers.

I'm going early on 16:51 - Jul 15 with 1593 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm going early on 16:40 - Jul 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

You could.

But let's not pretend a club that size getting into the Championship isn't a rarity.

Who have we had get up that far in the last 20 years? Burton? Brentford when they first went up. Bournemouth.

It's not a massive list of clubs as small as half our division next year that go up into the top two tiers.

Yeovil, Luton, Doncaster, Peterborough...

MK Dons are on your own list and were in the Championship 3/4 seasons ago

I'm going early on 16:54 - Jul 15 with 1582 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'm going early on 16:51 - Jul 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeovil, Luton, Doncaster, Peterborough...

MK Dons are on your own list and were in the Championship 3/4 seasons ago

And MK Dons were a Championship / League One yoyo club but now are towards the bottom of this division so I could easily see them staying in the bottom tiers.

Yeovil, Doncaster, Posh fair enough. Luton are a former top flight side that were in the Championship just over a decade ago so not counting them.

That's still only 6 or 7 sides in the last 20 years, including multiple promotions for some teams that's maybe 10-12 of the 60 promotion places.

Whatever way you look at it, there are 12-16 clubs in this division that, if we were even managed remotely competently should have no chance of finishing above us based on resources.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 16:56]

I'm going early on 17:04 - Jul 15 with 1542 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm going early on 16:54 - Jul 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

And MK Dons were a Championship / League One yoyo club but now are towards the bottom of this division so I could easily see them staying in the bottom tiers.

Yeovil, Doncaster, Posh fair enough. Luton are a former top flight side that were in the Championship just over a decade ago so not counting them.

That's still only 6 or 7 sides in the last 20 years, including multiple promotions for some teams that's maybe 10-12 of the 60 promotion places.

Whatever way you look at it, there are 12-16 clubs in this division that, if we were even managed remotely competently should have no chance of finishing above us based on resources.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 16:56]

MK Dons have spent one season in the Championship in their history

Luton were in the conference within the last decade

I make that 10 teams that have been named since 2008/09, plus Scunthorpe who I missed. So 11 of 36 promotion places - so certainly not a rarity

Login to get fewer ads

I'm going early on 17:07 - Jul 15 with 1534 viewsBlueBadger

...and us in about 3 years.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm going early on 17:08 - Jul 15 with 1528 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Some of them teams look poor, really poor quality next year. Luton under Nathan Jones I think will be the tough test. Posh may struggle without Maddison/Szcmodics and Toney next year.

Town I'm not sure on yet. Talented kids no doubt, but are they going to be able to handle the mens game yet, probably not.

The men in the squad, well they aren't good enough as a whole to get you out of this league.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I'm going early on 19:18 - Jul 15 with 1353 viewsBlueBadger

I'm going early on 17:08 - Jul 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Some of them teams look poor, really poor quality next year. Luton under Nathan Jones I think will be the tough test. Posh may struggle without Maddison/Szcmodics and Toney next year.

Town I'm not sure on yet. Talented kids no doubt, but are they going to be able to handle the mens game yet, probably not.

The men in the squad, well they aren't good enough as a whole to get you out of this league.

I think what most of these teams have over us is managers who are broadly competent.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 21:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm going early on 21:12 - Jul 15 with 1266 viewsLower_North

You've clearly been on the sauce (early)

Luton, Fleetwood and Hull are clearly streets ahead of us.

Chuck in the usual under performing results with Doncaster, Blackpool etc we will finish not much better than this one..
I'm going early on 21:13 - Jul 15 with 1257 viewsSpruceMoose

And I'm saying that about us this year too!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'm going early on 22:38 - Jul 15 with 1158 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Oxford won't win it; AFC Wimbledon won't finish bottom.

Peterborough, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Town will not make up the play-offs. If one of those 4 is in them that will be about it.

This prediction smacks of learning nothing from the season just gone. We have no divine right, Oxford won't simply do it because they came so close last season; Peterborough, Sunderland and Portsmouth continue to have no divine right. To actually predict the league would take a much closer look at the squads and managers instead of past reputations and budgets.

Assuming Barton stays at Fleetwood I would not expect them to finish in mid-table obscurity.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'm going early on 22:43 - Jul 15 with 1142 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'm going early on 22:38 - Jul 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Oxford won't win it; AFC Wimbledon won't finish bottom.

Peterborough, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Town will not make up the play-offs. If one of those 4 is in them that will be about it.

This prediction smacks of learning nothing from the season just gone. We have no divine right, Oxford won't simply do it because they came so close last season; Peterborough, Sunderland and Portsmouth continue to have no divine right. To actually predict the league would take a much closer look at the squads and managers instead of past reputations and budgets.

Assuming Barton stays at Fleetwood I would not expect them to finish in mid-table obscurity.

What part of me tipping Luton to miss out on the playoffs, Hull to finish nearer the bottom, Crewe and Plymouth to finish top half and Oxford winning the division says I’ve just gone with learning nothing of the season just gone.

That’s how I see it going. Odd.

I'm going early on 22:46 - Jul 15 with 1133 viewstractordownsouth

Oxford will be bottom half
Shrewsbury will be top half
Luton will be too 6 if they come down, but I think they’ll survive by beating Hull

Besides that it’s fairly accurate... I think we’ll be 5th-10th, depending on injuries and when Lambert goes

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I'm going early on 22:50 - Jul 15 with 1120 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I'm going early on 22:43 - Jul 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What part of me tipping Luton to miss out on the playoffs, Hull to finish nearer the bottom, Crewe and Plymouth to finish top half and Oxford winning the division says I’ve just gone with learning nothing of the season just gone.

That’s how I see it going. Odd.

Probably the bits I did point out rather than the ones you have highlighted. Never mind though, just say it is odd.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024