Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Indian Call Centres 16:49 - Jul 15 with 2702 viewsuefacup81

Why do some companies still try and persist with outsourcing call centres to India these days? Surely, with the general customer experience of said call centres, whatever savings they make are outweighed by lost business?

I've tried making multiple calls to Three today to sort out my iPad contract, only to be frustrated at every step of the way by call-centre staff who can only stick rigidly to their script, and seem to be forbidden from using any form of independent thought.

Gah.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Indian Call Centres on 13:20 - Jul 16 with 200 viewsRyorry

Indian Call Centres on 11:25 - Jul 16 by solemio

I have been surprised to hear about your bad experiences with OVO, Ryorry.
I have been with them for 4 or 5 years and had not a single problem. Their website information has always seemed very comprehensive to me.

I seem to have been in total charge of the monthly amount I pay by DD. I actually pay more than strictly necessay because they pay a rate of interest on the money on the account which is far better than any bank currently pays.

You can check daily (if you really want to!) how much electricity and gas you have used the day before.

I admit that I have never needed to use the call centre.

You've been lucky then. Their website is good, but that's as far as it goes. Despite their previously excellent rating with 'Which' mag, if you google their reviews, you'll see pages of other people's terrible experiences with them, esp recently, and particularly re their constant attempts to hoick DDs without any justification or permission. It's been suggested that this is down to their having a cashflow problem currently, due to their buying out another company whose name I can't recall.

They started out years ago by wiring my day/night units the wrong way round when installing the Economy 10 meter. They also gave me wrong info that GMT/BST times changed automatically - they don't it's up to the user to switch their usage according to the changed times if they want to. Took 2 years battle to sort all that out, at the end of which I got minor ££ compensation. Only stayed with them because they were one of the few who did both E10 and 100% renewable.

The key, as you said, is that you "have never needed to use the call centre."!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Indian Call Centres on 13:22 - Jul 16 with 200 viewsjeera

Indian Call Centres on 12:47 - Jul 16 by GeoffSentence

I too have seen their temporary repairs. Several broadband lines got fused together by a lightning strike here a while back, To be fair they got it back up and running quite quickly, but the line is now running through grassy banks and hedges instead of being up on the poles. I am just hoping that no-one decides to trim said hedges and banks because that will be the end of my broadband if they do.

I temporarily lost my broadband last year when a neighbour had hers connected and the Open Reach engineer just unplugged mine at the box to connect hers up.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread - I just remembered that I was pissed off at the time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024