Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CD racks- railing against the world 18:49 - Jul 15 with 2284 viewssparks

This sums up modern Britain for me.

I am doing some reorganising. Bought a really solid, quick and economical shelving system from shelfstore (recommended). Now wondering what to do with my home made bookcases which are looking a bit tatty, but in part house my cd collection, and provide a surface for stacking some effective old cd racks.

So I thought I would look online for some new wall mounted cd racks.

The vast majority are poncey diagonal things, or little black shelves with room for about 6 cds in each of 5 little sections. Or ones which just allow you to stack half a dozen in various fancy positions on a wall. They are made for poseurs and people who want to pretend they know about music when they really dont- so just want to display a few cds.

Can't find anything that is actually practical for someone who actually likes music and has more than a few Snow patrol albums to show off to their visitors.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

CD racks- railing against the world on 20:04 - Jul 15 with 911 viewsBlueBadger

CD racks- railing against the world on 19:26 - Jul 15 by sparks

Do you think that might perhaps have been intentional?

No.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

CD racks- railing against the world on 20:05 - Jul 15 with 910 viewssparks

CD racks- railing against the world on 20:04 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

No.

Then you havent been reading my posts closely enough for the last two decades...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

CD racks- railing against the world on 20:51 - Jul 15 with 882 viewsDebsyAngel

I still try to get the old fashioned CD cases (the ones in drawers of 2 or 4 sections) but only really found them in charity shops. My husband has his on 2 shelves, and a couple of old wooden cabinets.
CD racks- railing against the world on 21:13 - Jul 15 with 873 viewsMeadowlark

I had the same problem a few years ago with my books. Essentially all paperback books are the same size, and I like to keep a lot of them, but no-one sold a bookcase of the correct dimensions. So I made one. I'm not much of a carpenter but it was quite straightforward.
It's been up on the wall for over 20 years and looks quite good although I do say so myself!
I'd put a picture of it here if I could figure out how to do that........and if anyone was vaguely interested.
CD racks- railing against the world on 21:15 - Jul 15 with 868 viewsSpruceMoose

CD racks- railing against the world on 21:13 - Jul 15 by Meadowlark

I had the same problem a few years ago with my books. Essentially all paperback books are the same size, and I like to keep a lot of them, but no-one sold a bookcase of the correct dimensions. So I made one. I'm not much of a carpenter but it was quite straightforward.
It's been up on the wall for over 20 years and looks quite good although I do say so myself!
I'd put a picture of it here if I could figure out how to do that........and if anyone was vaguely interested.

I wish I could find someone to make me a mangle rack

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

CD racks- railing against the world on 21:21 - Jul 15 with 857 viewsMeadowlark

CD racks- railing against the world on 21:15 - Jul 15 by SpruceMoose

I wish I could find someone to make me a mangle rack

Don't we all?
CD racks- railing against the world on 21:25 - Jul 15 with 849 viewsFreddies_Ears

CD racks- railing against the world on 19:00 - Jul 15 by sparks

I dont need to show anything off. I need practical accessible storage.

I bought a CD rack from www.iansbespokefurniture.co.uk, made in a little workshop by Ian Edwards and a small team. Mine is a beechwood 4-sided carousel, which holds up to 3,200 cds. It is utterly brilliant. Various designs, sizes and woods are available. Delivered and installed in around 6 weeks.
CD racks- railing against the world on 21:41 - Jul 15 with 840 viewssparks

CD racks- railing against the world on 21:25 - Jul 15 by Freddies_Ears

I bought a CD rack from www.iansbespokefurniture.co.uk, made in a little workshop by Ian Edwards and a small team. Mine is a beechwood 4-sided carousel, which holds up to 3,200 cds. It is utterly brilliant. Various designs, sizes and woods are available. Delivered and installed in around 6 weeks.

They look cool. Albeit costly.

Login to get fewer ads

CD racks- railing against the world on 22:31 - Jul 15 with 822 viewsLibero

CD racks- railing against the world on 19:03 - Jul 15 by sparks

I take care of my hearing.

I carry around special music listening ear plugs on my key ring.

Just me that lolled at this?
CD racks- railing against the world on 07:32 - Jul 16 with 776 viewsSaleAway

I know they're not wall mounted - but surely the solution for CD holding is

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/gnedby-shelving-unit-white-40277143/

doesn't anyone who has CDs use a number of these?

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

CD racks- railing against the world on 07:53 - Jul 16 with 756 viewssolemio

CD racks- railing against the world on 19:04 - Jul 15 by SpruceMoose

I have to say, you've given me a right old chuckle here, so thank you!

I'm sick of going over to the houses of friends and them being all like "Here Sprucey, check out this Snow Patrol CD I've got displayed in this vintage MFI CD rack! Cool AF eh?!"

What bozos!

Yes, I'm always doing this.

"Here, fellow. Check out this cd of the Elgar Cello Concerto... etc"
CD racks- railing against the world on 08:03 - Jul 16 with 746 viewsmrshallisfit

CD racks- railing against the world on 18:57 - Jul 15 by Shawsey

Why do you need to show off your cd collection? I have 100s, but they are in a box under the spare bed. They don't look good in a rack, very 90s.

Anything else in boxes under your bed?
CD racks- railing against the world on 10:07 - Jul 16 with 715 viewssparks

CD racks- railing against the world on 07:32 - Jul 16 by SaleAway

I know they're not wall mounted - but surely the solution for CD holding is

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/gnedby-shelving-unit-white-40277143/

doesn't anyone who has CDs use a number of these?

Awful skinny things. No proper rows, unless you stick loads of them together. Surely in the category of stands which I have criticised above!

CD racks- railing against the world on 12:47 - Jul 16 with 704 viewsBluefish

Could you just try to make yourself more interesting to save them having to look at your weird music collection when they visit?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

CD racks- railing against the world on 12:49 - Jul 16 with 703 viewsSpruceMoose

CD racks- railing against the world on 10:07 - Jul 16 by sparks

Awful skinny things. No proper rows, unless you stick loads of them together. Surely in the category of stands which I have criticised above!

Sounds like you're just going to have to make what you want yourself. An ideal lockdown project really.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

CD racks- railing against the world on 12:52 - Jul 16 with 698 viewssparks

CD racks- railing against the world on 12:47 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Could you just try to make yourself more interesting to save them having to look at your weird music collection when they visit?

I don't have visitors in my nerd-room.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024