Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How we make Govt policy now 07:16 - Jul 16 with 934 viewsElderGrizzly

Gove does something wrong and Cummings changes the rules 24 hrs later
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 7:17]
How we make Govt policy now on 07:24 - Jul 16 with 890 viewsBlueRaider

Shambles

Not sure why the initial thing was a story though as the masks in shops aren't mandatory until 25th are they ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

How we make Govt policy now on 07:26 - Jul 16 with 883 viewsElderGrizzly

How we make Govt policy now on 07:24 - Jul 16 by BlueRaider

Shambles

Not sure why the initial thing was a story though as the masks in shops aren't mandatory until 25th are they ?

No they weren’t, but it is the Govt reaction to a situation that is a farce.

In theory they should lead by example, as i don’t think Covid will go on strike until the 24th
How we make Govt policy now on 08:14 - Jul 16 with 822 viewsitfcjoe

How we make Govt policy now on 07:26 - Jul 16 by ElderGrizzly

No they weren’t, but it is the Govt reaction to a situation that is a farce.

In theory they should lead by example, as i don’t think Covid will go on strike until the 24th

Same as Cummings issue - abandon the rules to save face and screw the messaging

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How we make Govt policy now on 08:18 - Jul 16 with 809 viewsBlueRaider

How we make Govt policy now on 08:14 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Same as Cummings issue - abandon the rules to save face and screw the messaging

Its symptomatic of two things that are combining to make the whole thing a toxic mess :

1) Government lying and spinning
2) Media whipping up stories that aren't really there

Both need to stop, because they are like a vicious circle

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

How we make Govt policy now on 08:26 - Jul 16 with 787 viewsitfcjoe

How we make Govt policy now on 08:18 - Jul 16 by BlueRaider

Its symptomatic of two things that are combining to make the whole thing a toxic mess :

Government won't apologise or ever admit they are wrong, and when they are wrong as often as they have been there can be no trust.

How we make Govt policy now on 08:34 - Jul 16 with 764 viewsBlueBadger

How we make Govt policy now on 08:18 - Jul 16 by BlueRaider

Which parts of the past 7 months of near-endless incomptence has been 'not really there'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How we make Govt policy now on 08:38 - Jul 16 with 743 viewsHerbivore

How we make Govt policy now on 07:24 - Jul 16 by BlueRaider

Shambles

It might have been something to do with Gove being all over the media extolling the virtues of masks and saying that wearing them in shops is just basic good manners. To then not wear one himself when those in Johnson's inner circle have fairly constantly undermined advice they are promoting is why this is a story. That the government response is to draw a distinction between shops and takeaways shows the level of contempt they hold the public in; not having to apologise or admit error is more important to them than people's health and safety. They're a bunch of hateful pricks. They can all burn.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How we make Govt policy now on 08:40 - Jul 16 with 742 viewspointofblue

How we make Govt policy now on 08:34 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

Which parts of the past 7 months of near-endless incomptence has been 'not really there'?

To be fair, reporting that Gove wasn’t wearing a mask when he doesn’t have to until the 24th was pointless stirring. The worst thing is the government decided to put a loophole in the policy rather than just point that out. They can’t help making a situation worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

How we make Govt policy now on 08:59 - Jul 16 with 707 viewspointofblue

How we make Govt policy now on 08:38 - Jul 16 by Herbivore

It might have been something to do with Gove being all over the media extolling the virtues of masks and saying that wearing them in shops is just basic good manners. To then not wear one himself when those in Johnson's inner circle have fairly constantly undermined advice they are promoting is why this is a story. That the government response is to draw a distinction between shops and takeaways shows the level of contempt they hold the public in; not having to apologise or admit error is more important to them than people's health and safety. They're a bunch of hateful pricks. They can all burn.

Ok, I retract my last statement, I’d missed Gove being all over the media promoting masks - then again, I tend to tune out when a minister speaks now anyway as the information changes an hour later anyway.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How we make Govt policy now on 09:01 - Jul 16 with 701 viewssparks

How we make Govt policy now on 08:40 - Jul 16 by pointofblue

To be fair, reporting that Gove wasn’t wearing a mask when he doesn’t have to until the 24th was pointless stirring. The worst thing is the government decided to put a loophole in the policy rather than just point that out. They can’t help making a situation worse.

Completely unjustifiable and irrational comment. The media are to blame for many things, but they would not be doing their job if they did not point out yet another example of the government's flagrant hypocrisy.

Gove has actively asserted that masks should be worn, and that it would be considered common courtesy. He asserted that people would therefore do it voluntarily making legislation unecessary. The fact that there is an inexplicable delay in bringing the rule in, does not change the hypocrisy in his position.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

How we make Govt policy now on 09:01 - Jul 16 with 701 viewsitfcjoe

It's just the massive double standards and mixed messaging of it all - gives people ane xcuse not to follow the rules.

How we make Govt policy now on 09:31 - Jul 16 with 661 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure gove was just following his instincts.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How we make Govt policy now on 10:22 - Jul 16 with 587 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite an unnecessary u-turn again. We seeing this all the time with them. I think I mentioned it before, but I'm wondering if it all part of a deliberate plan. I'm not sure what the aim would be, but they go through more u-turns in a week than a driving instructor.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How we make Govt policy now on 10:25 - Jul 16 with 581 viewsTractorWood

I agree but this government has a knack for saying a really important of guidance/legislation is coming in but in 2 weeks time.

Just. Do. It. Now.

The mandatory period of cogitation is so unnecessary. Take the 2m rule. Everyone knew it was getting reduced, the decision was clearly already made, why did they need to take 2 weeks for the media to talk about it.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 10:27]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

How we make Govt policy now on 10:30 - Jul 16 with 563 viewsSwansea_Blue

How we make Govt policy now on 10:25 - Jul 16 by TractorWood

I agree but this government has a knack for saying a really important of guidance/legislation is coming in but in 2 weeks time.

Just. Do. It. Now.

The mandatory period of cogitation is so unnecessary. Take the 2m rule. Everyone knew it was getting reduced, the decision was clearly already made, why did they need to take 2 weeks for the media to talk about it.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 10:27]

It's odd, like they're testing the water.

Although presumably people would need abit of time to prepare and buy/make masks?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024