Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Miz interview. 09:01 - Jul 16 with 3249 viewscatch74

Gives a bit of a different perspective about Hurst. Bishop apparently ridiculous in training (Dozzell and Woolfenden the other two he highlights) - not news really but here’s to another pre-season hoping.
They often play old v young and the kids win more often, not a surprise. Hope we can get more of the talent more experience this season without chopping and changing the team too much.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

El Miz interview. on 09:13 - Jul 16 with 2794 viewsWeWereZombies

When you say ridiculous in training I'm hoping you mean incredibly strong, fast and skilled; not that they turn up in fancy dress and tell fish puns...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

El Miz interview. on 09:15 - Jul 16 with 2775 viewsCokeIsKey

Link?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

I reckon he wears one of these.... on 09:18 - Jul 16 with 2759 viewsBloots

El Miz interview. on 09:13 - Jul 16 by WeWereZombies

When you say ridiculous in training I'm hoping you mean incredibly strong, fast and skilled; not that they turn up in fancy dress and tell fish puns...

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

El Miz interview. on 09:31 - Jul 16 with 2683 viewsJammyDodgerrr

What interview is this?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

El Miz interview. on 09:34 - Jul 16 with 2664 viewsSteve_M

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/el-mizouni-has-sights-set-on-ipswich-town-first-tea

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

El Miz interview. on 09:34 - Jul 16 with 2666 viewsKeno

do you mean this one

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/el-mizouni-has-sights-set-on-ipswich-town-first-tea

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

El Miz interview. on 09:41 - Jul 16 with 2624 viewsGeoffSentence

El Miz interview. on 09:31 - Jul 16 by JammyDodgerrr

What interview is this?

It would be nice if people put links in when they post this sort of thing, wouldn't. Just to make life a little easier for those of us who might be interested in it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

El Miz interview. on 09:45 - Jul 16 with 2597 viewsHerbivore

Interesting read that. Think he comes across well and good to see he had and has that hunger to be playing regular football. I like the little I've seen of him. He looks very comfortable on the ball and finds space well. I'd like to see him in the side more often this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

El Miz interview. on 09:48 - Jul 16 with 2578 viewsBLUEBEAT

What a lazy, sloppily constructed piece!

Poll: W or W

El Miz interview. on 09:49 - Jul 16 with 2571 viewscatch74

El Miz interview. on 09:41 - Jul 16 by GeoffSentence

It would be nice if people put links in when they post this sort of thing, wouldn't. Just to make life a little easier for those of us who might be interested in it.

Apologies, thanks Steve and Keno for the link.

I reckon he wears one of these.... on 09:51 - Jul 16 with 2558 viewsNthQldITFC

I reckon he wears one of these.... on 09:18 - Jul 16 by Bloots

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

El Miz interview. on 09:55 - Jul 16 with 2535 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bit surprised we haven't given him a bit of kit to help him do his rehab at home during the lockdown. I'd have assumed anyone needing to work on recovery or fitness at home would have been provided with stuff.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

El Miz interview. on 10:02 - Jul 16 with 2500 viewsKeno

El Miz interview. on 09:55 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Bit surprised we haven't given him a bit of kit to help him do his rehab at home during the lockdown. I'd have assumed anyone needing to work on recovery or fitness at home would have been provided with stuff.

could players being furloughed have made a difference to that as maybe the club couldn't be seen to helping them

El Miz interview. on 11:27 - Jul 16 with 2325 viewsGuthrum

'Teddy Bishop is the best. He just dribbles past everyone'

I wish he was encouraged to do more of that. We need players who can run with the ball to do so, rather than this "jog three paces, pause and look up for a pass" routine which has been in vogue for several seasons now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

El Miz interview. on 11:32 - Jul 16 with 2294 viewsIpswichKnight

El Miz interview. on 11:27 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

I wish he was encouraged to do more of that. We need players who can run with the ball to do so, rather than this "jog three paces, pause and look up for a pass" routine which has been in vogue for several seasons now.

Both Bishop and El Miz did this at Exeter in the pointless league trophy thing it was actually enjoyable up and until Lee Martin scored in the last minute.
El Miz interview. on 11:45 - Jul 16 with 2217 viewsKeno

El Miz interview. on 11:27 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

shouldn't that be

jog three paces, pause and look up for a pass, pause then pass sideway to player who miss controls the ball loses possession to a opposition player who runs at the defence, which is out of position having lost the ball unexpectedly, then passes to a free striker who buries a shot past our keeper

Town go one down

El Miz interview. on 11:58 - Jul 16 with 2176 viewsMattinLondon

El Miz interview. on 09:48 - Jul 16 by BLUEBEAT

What a lazy, sloppily constructed piece!

But thats enough about your post, what did you think about the linked interviews?
El Miz interview. on 12:03 - Jul 16 with 2148 viewsMullet

Interesting how Hurst and Doig courted the youths after losing the first team so quickly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

El Miz interview. on 12:10 - Jul 16 with 2114 viewsRadlett_blue

El Miz interview. on 12:03 - Jul 16 by Mullet

Interesting how Hurst and Doig courted the youths after losing the first team so quickly.

I think a few of us thought that the Town squad needed a bit of a shake up & some of the senior players had become a little too comfortable. However, the way Hurst squandered his transfer budget on some fairly average League 1 players showed that he wasn't the right man to do it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

El Miz interview. on 12:11 - Jul 16 with 2109 viewspointofblue

Interesting that the youths see them in such a good light considering the first team players loathed them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

El Miz interview. on 12:18 - Jul 16 with 2064 viewscatch74

You have to imagine they must have had some qualities, having been given the job here.
Or on second thoughts...

El Miz interview. on 12:27 - Jul 16 with 2038 viewsitfcjoe

El Miz interview. on 12:11 - Jul 16 by pointofblue

Interesting that the youths see them in such a good light considering the first team players loathed them.

There was a divide all through.

First teamers obviously didn't like them

majority of 23s didn't because they had been used to dropping in and out of first team training as and when needed but a real distance put between them. U23s weren't allowed to take water out of fridges any more as an example - but then plkayers from there who were pushed on like Lankester rated him

It was a very strange and poorly handled situation from all involved - i wonder what Hurst would do differently. He certainly put the hours in as was at every U18 and U23 pre season game tht year, they wanted it but were too quick to show a lack of pragmatism with the squad management and recruited poorly - Waghorn was pushed out of the door to be able to afford Nolan and Nsiala, what a mistake

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

El Miz interview. on 12:29 - Jul 16 with 2023 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think Dyer believed that about young v old....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

El Miz interview. on 12:33 - Jul 16 with 1995 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

We know Bishops ability, if fit, but its. big if.

Funniest thing that made me chuckle was regarding session young's v old'uns: "We do old versus young games in training and I’d say we beat them more than they beat us."

Comical how some of the older boys are still here.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

El Miz interview. on 12:37 - Jul 16 with 1960 viewscatch74

El Miz interview. on 12:27 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

There was a divide all through.

First teamers obviously didn't like them

majority of 23s didn't because they had been used to dropping in and out of first team training as and when needed but a real distance put between them. U23s weren't allowed to take water out of fridges any more as an example - but then plkayers from there who were pushed on like Lankester rated him

It was a very strange and poorly handled situation from all involved - i wonder what Hurst would do differently. He certainly put the hours in as was at every U18 and U23 pre season game tht year, they wanted it but were too quick to show a lack of pragmatism with the squad management and recruited poorly - Waghorn was pushed out of the door to be able to afford Nolan and Nsiala, what a mistake

Waghorn or Nsiala and Nolan, now that’s a toughie!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024