Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No fans at the footie til October? 13:37 - Jul 16 with 1023 viewsbluelagos

Email from the FA just hit my inbox
----
Gareth Southgate’s seniors have added the fixture to their autumn schedule, which will now see us host our neighbours on Thursday 8 October (8pm kick-off).

In keeping with current Government guidelines, the game is scheduled to be played behind-closed-doors.
-------

So that would suggest no fans any time soon? Obviously guidelines can change but not a hint of it in the email and one would presume the FA would be well informed.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

No fans at the footie til October? on 14:52 - Jul 16 with 922 viewsIpswichKnight

it only says scheduled, they are looking to do test events in the coming weeks, the ECB had asked if they could use the current test match as a test event for crowds but were told no a first class game would have to be the test event first ( probably Surrey as they have looked into it already I'm guessing )

I'd be confident that our games that will start in September will allow at lease season ticket holder in, Shrewsbury's chairman was in the press about a month ago saying that clubs were already looking into the flow of people into and out of stadiums and how they can reduce the risk.

If we don't open up football grounds or don't start this season by mid September then we are going to lose most of the league 2 clubs and a large proportion of league 1 as well maybe even us as well, why would ME keep the club going if there was not indication that any football will ever be played again.
No fans at the footie til October? on 15:00 - Jul 16 with 891 viewsJ2BLUE

No fans at the footie til October? on 14:52 - Jul 16 by IpswichKnight

it only says scheduled, they are looking to do test events in the coming weeks, the ECB had asked if they could use the current test match as a test event for crowds but were told no a first class game would have to be the test event first ( probably Surrey as they have looked into it already I'm guessing )

I'd be confident that our games that will start in September will allow at lease season ticket holder in, Shrewsbury's chairman was in the press about a month ago saying that clubs were already looking into the flow of people into and out of stadiums and how they can reduce the risk.

If we don't open up football grounds or don't start this season by mid September then we are going to lose most of the league 2 clubs and a large proportion of league 1 as well maybe even us as well, why would ME keep the club going if there was not indication that any football will ever be played again.

That last part of that last sentence is very dramatic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:13 - Jul 16 with 842 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

No fans at the footie til October? on 14:52 - Jul 16 by IpswichKnight

It would be easier to surmise as:

League clubs need the income and must have fans back as soon as possible.

The Football Association does not.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:16 - Jul 16 with 820 viewsCoco

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:13 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The FA really does need fans back in all forms, not just football. They were desperate to sell Wembley as it was.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:18 - Jul 16 with 807 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:16 - Jul 16 by Coco

The FA really does need fans back in all forms, not just football. They were desperate to sell Wembley as it was.

But they don't NEED the money.

Morecambe will be screwed.

The FA are good for a while.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:42 - Jul 16 with 745 viewsArnieM

Just in time for the predicted winter second wave . Nice timing .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No fans at the footie til October? on 16:27 - Jul 16 with 667 viewsJ2BLUE

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:42 - Jul 16 by ArnieM

Just in time for the predicted winter second wave . Nice timing .

Who has predicted it? It's a worst case scenario isn't it? I've seen plenty of predictions, almost all of them terrifying and almost all of them wrong. Hopefully if people continue to take it seriously and be sensible we won't get a second spike.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No fans at the footie til October? on 16:36 - Jul 16 with 634 viewsIpswichKnight

No fans at the footie til October? on 16:27 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

Who has predicted it? It's a worst case scenario isn't it? I've seen plenty of predictions, almost all of them terrifying and almost all of them wrong. Hopefully if people continue to take it seriously and be sensible we won't get a second spike.

I was being very dramatic, yet there are some I think who genuinely believe there will not be any football for us this season. We can go to the beach, go shopping, go to work all of these carry the same amount of risk as going to a football game we can open the ground with the right social distancing measures and it should be fine.
Login to get fewer ads

No fans at the footie til October? on 16:41 - Jul 16 with 611 viewsflimflam

No fans at the footie til October? on 15:13 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The FA does too.

It has overheads the same as anyone else and staff to pay and dirty Nigel who got a red card playing for the Kings Arms wont be sending any money to them anytime soon.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

No fans at the footie til October? on 17:17 - Jul 16 with 540 viewspeterleeblue

No fans at the footie til October? on 16:41 - Jul 16 by flimflam

The FA does too.

It has overheads the same as anyone else and staff to pay and dirty Nigel who got a red card playing for the Kings Arms wont be sending any money to them anytime soon.

To be fair dirty Nigel's money goes to his local FA. They actually may be screwed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024