Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... 19:32 - Jul 16 with 2313 viewsBloots

.....England.

"A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later."

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/why-no-one-can-ever-recover-from-covid-19-in-engla

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 19:38 - Jul 16 with 2085 viewsStokieBlue

Disclaimer the size of a small country at the bottom of that article though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:01 - Jul 16 with 2019 viewsbournemouthblue

It's interesting that the number trotted out for months was deaths with a confirmed positive test

What was the actual CoVid death toll, I know 65k was about the number when I last looked at it

Why are we not more embarassed at the handling of this?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:07 - Jul 16 with 2001 viewsFtnfwest

In terms of infections per head of the population we’re 36th in the world. In terms of deaths per head we’re 4th. So it’s either something like what the article implies or the health services of Russia, Peru and India to name just three are significantly better at treating their patients than ours is (or the figures aren’t correct which is probably the most likely)
No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:10 - Jul 16 with 1983 viewsLankHenners

Lol at the ‘this might not actually be true’ footnote aside, what is this weird competition over how many people have died?

If it was even half as many as is reported it’s still an awful lot of deaths and families grieving. All a bit bizarre and rather morbid in my book.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our reporting has been.... on 20:12 - Jul 16 with 1976 viewsBloots

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:01 - Jul 16 by bournemouthblue

It's interesting that the number trotted out for months was deaths with a confirmed positive test

What was the actual CoVid death toll, I know 65k was about the number when I last looked at it

Why are we not more embarassed at the handling of this?

....a total shambles.

If the article is accurate there will be deaths reported as C19 in 30 years when the individual actually recovered after a week.

It's all a load of balls.

I guess you need to ask..... on 20:21 - Jul 16 with 1921 viewsBloots

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:10 - Jul 16 by LankHenners

Lol at the ‘this might not actually be true’ footnote aside, what is this weird competition over how many people have died?

If it was even half as many as is reported it’s still an awful lot of deaths and families grieving. All a bit bizarre and rather morbid in my book.

....the media and those with political points to score that question.

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:29 - Jul 16 with 1893 viewsFreddies_Ears

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:07 - Jul 16 by Ftnfwest

In terms of infections per head of the population we’re 36th in the world. In terms of deaths per head we’re 4th. So it’s either something like what the article implies or the health services of Russia, Peru and India to name just three are significantly better at treating their patients than ours is (or the figures aren’t correct which is probably the most likely)

It's at least partly because we didn't have a proper testing regime until around 3 months in, so weren't picking up the majority of infections.
I guess you need to ask..... on 20:33 - Jul 16 with 1882 viewsLankHenners

I guess you need to ask..... on 20:21 - Jul 16 by Bloots

....the media and those with political points to score that question.

Oh as if you’re not guilty of engaging in the same thing from a different angle you big plonker :)

Fwiw I agree the reporting of deaths has been a bit ‘safety first’ but then again other countries seem to be going the other way so who knows what’s for the best. It’s all a sorry mess.

Lambert out.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:40 - Jul 16 with 1850 viewsFtnfwest

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:29 - Jul 16 by Freddies_Ears

It's at least partly because we didn't have a proper testing regime until around 3 months in, so weren't picking up the majority of infections.

And also that we are one of the unhealthiest countries on earth
No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:46 - Jul 16 with 1825 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect that this has, in reality had a fairly minimal effect o overall numbers. Given that we *still* don't know(and may never know) how many civiid-deaths can be attributed to deaths in care homes, I'd suspect that our overall national total still shows us having a 'world beating' performance in the 'not looking after your citizens' league table.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:55 - Jul 16 with 1785 viewsBlueBadger

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:40 - Jul 16 by Ftnfwest

And our government are woefully incompetent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

My point wasn't intended to shine a positive light.... on 20:56 - Jul 16 with 1788 viewsBloots

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:46 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

I suspect that this has, in reality had a fairly minimal effect o overall numbers. Given that we *still* don't know(and may never know) how many civiid-deaths can be attributed to deaths in care homes, I'd suspect that our overall national total still shows us having a 'world beating' performance in the 'not looking after your citizens' league table.

...on anything, merely to point out the incompetence in our reporting.

When you see that Russia have 2.5 times the amount of cases compared to us, but a quarter of the number of deaths, then you have to admit something is wrong with the figures.

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:56 - Jul 16 with 1785 viewsTractorWood

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:46 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

US and UK numbers are awful. But I bet there are some horrendous variations exceeding expected deaths in other countries with no sophisticated health care systems. Time will tell.

It's bananas they classify some deaths as covid related but equally there must of been thousands of people discharged from hospital in February, March and April who didn't even have a test. Shambles.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Our reporting has been.... on 21:06 - Jul 16 with 1758 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our reporting has been.... on 20:12 - Jul 16 by Bloots

....a total shambles.

If the article is accurate there will be deaths reported as C19 in 30 years when the individual actually recovered after a week.

And then at least another 20,000 unaccounted for deaths outside of the official stats that probably do have something to do with it.

Whichever way you look at it, we've fecked this one up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our reporting has been.... on 22:15 - Jul 16 with 1651 viewsBlueBadger

....a total shambles.

I think the main conclusion we can draw from this is 'Lambert Out'.

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 22:42 - Jul 16 with 1588 viewsIllinoisblue

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:40 - Jul 16 by Ftnfwest

Is that true? I’ve been gone a while but don’t recall England being full of porkers. The US however is the clear world leader in fat bastards.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 22:53 - Jul 16 with 1542 viewsDubtractor

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 22:42 - Jul 16 by Illinoisblue

Is that true? I’ve been gone a while but don’t recall England being full of porkers. The US however is the clear world leader in fat bastards.

Looking at this we are the fattest in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_obesity_rate

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Our reporting has been.... on 23:14 - Jul 16 with 1504 viewsOldsmoker

....a total shambles.

People die in the UK every year. The government even plan for it.
It's called 'Expected deaths'.
The number is relatively stable from year to year.
Subtract the expected deaths for 2020 from the actual deaths in 2020 and the remainder is a fair approximation of 'Excess' deaths due to Coronavirus.
If it turns out that there are 10,000 fewer deaths from Coronavirus than first thought, it does not detract from the fact that there has been a large number of preventable deaths.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Our reporting has been.... on 23:36 - Jul 16 with 1445 viewssyntaxerror

....a total shambles.

What is your point here, Bloots?
Are you saying C19 is a bit of a myth, or ae you saying our government has no idea how many people have died due to the virus.
No wonder there are so many reported C19 on 08:01 - Jul 17 with 1233 viewsgordon

No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 20:29 - Jul 16 by Freddies_Ears

Yes, it's basically this - at the peak of the first wave of infections, most people who got infected in the UK never got tested, so the death rates look much higher.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 8:02]
My point wasn't intended to shine a positive light.... on 08:09 - Jul 17 with 1216 viewsgordon

My point wasn't intended to shine a positive light.... on 20:56 - Jul 16 by Bloots

When you see that Russia have 2.5 times the amount of cases compared to us, but a quarter of the number of deaths, then you have to admit something is wrong with the figures.

Because the peak in infections in Russia has occurred later than in the UK, they have had more testing capacity during their peak so they are recording a higher proportion of cases to us.
No wonder there are so many reported C19 "deaths" in..... on 11:26 - Jul 17 with 1066 viewsGuthrum

The figures released by DHSC always stated 'died after having tested positive for Covid-19', not "died of ...".

Because most sufferers die from complications related to the virus, rather than the thing itself, it means delving into very murky waters (in the middle of the crisis itself) to try separating out those where C-19 was the main contributing factor from the cases where it was irrelevant. Especially given the latter will be quite a small subset of the whole.

Runs the risk of facilitating a disingenuous minimising of the fatality rate - as has happened in some countries (e.g. Russia, where they were all put down as "pneumonia" at first). Which plenty of people are keen to do, in order that disease control restrictions can be lifted ASAP and they can get back to making money and/or seeing their investments recover.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My point wasn't intended to shine a positive light.... on 12:10 - Jul 17 with 1016 viewsGuthrum

My point wasn't intended to shine a positive light.... on 20:56 - Jul 16 by Bloots

Or something else is going on. For example, what if there were several strains of the virus, some more lethal than others, each prevalant in different areas of the world?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Our reporting has been.... on 12:36 - Jul 17 with 995 viewsgazzer1999

Our reporting has been.... on 23:14 - Jul 16 by Oldsmoker

People die in the UK every year. The government even plan for it.
It's called 'Expected deaths'.
The number is relatively stable from year to year.
Subtract the expected deaths for 2020 from the actual deaths in 2020 and the remainder is a fair approximation of 'Excess' deaths due to Coronavirus.
If it turns out that there are 10,000 fewer deaths from Coronavirus than first thought, it does not detract from the fact that there has been a large number of preventable deaths.

So are you pointing the finger at the NHS and saying they could have prevented the deaths which is their job or at Dr Boris?
Our reporting has been.... on 13:38 - Jul 17 with 909 viewsSpruceMoose

Our reporting has been.... on 12:36 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

So are you pointing the finger at the NHS and saying they could have prevented the deaths which is their job or at Dr Boris?

We all know who is to blame here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024