Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can’t use the excuse this time 09:45 - Jul 17 with 2534 viewsGlasgowBlue

That we were unaware it was going on

An ethno-religious minority being herded onto trains and taken to the camps. Genocide happening right before our eyes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We can’t use the excuse this time on 09:51 - Jul 17 with 1940 viewshomer_123

Extremely disturbing (I'd like confirmation that the footage is current and genuine).

Genuine question though - how the f*ck would we even go about stopping it?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We can’t use the excuse this time on 09:56 - Jul 17 with 1904 viewsGlasgowBlue

We can’t use the excuse this time on 09:51 - Jul 17 by homer_123

Extremely disturbing (I'd like confirmation that the footage is current and genuine).

The entire world to treat China as a pariah nation. Massive sanctions. A Magnitsky law.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 9:56]

Iron Lion Zion

We can’t use the excuse this time on 09:58 - Jul 17 with 1886 viewsDanTheMan

Good god.

I'm with Homer on working out the authenticity but, if that is genuine, absolutely horrific...

EDIT:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2019/sep/23/footage-blindfolded-shackled

Looks like this has been around a while now.

EDIT number 2:
Should not have read the replies to that video.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 10:01]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:00 - Jul 17 with 1873 viewsSteve_M

It's from last year but has been verified.

I would say that whilst the clip is evidence of a crime against humanity, it is not, of itself, proof of genocide. There is certainly other evidence for that though in the forced sterilisations and family separations.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:03 - Jul 17 with 1846 viewsgiant_stow

We can’t use the excuse this time on 09:56 - Jul 17 by GlasgowBlue

The entire world to treat China as a pariah nation. Massive sanctions. A Magnitsky law.

Might be our last chance to do so before they become even more important globally. To my undereducated mind, China is starting to look like a problem of the magnitude of climate change.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:04 - Jul 17 with 1849 viewsgordon

That looks awful, although it's not clear to what extent that veracity of the video has been verified, or who the source is.

Genuine question, what's the background to the 'we can't use the excuse that we weren't aware it was going on.'

EDIT - should have read the rest of the thread first. A common mistake of mine.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 10:05]
We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:09 - Jul 17 with 1807 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:04 - Jul 17 by gordon

That looks awful, although it's not clear to what extent that veracity of the video has been verified, or who the source is.

Genuine question, what's the background to the 'we can't use the excuse that we weren't aware it was going on.'

We've known about the Chinese abuses of the Uighur population for years. Including forced sterilisation, forced labour, forced confessions, water boarding, routine beatings and concentration camps.

The US intercepted 13 tonnes of human hair products a few months ago that is believed to have come from Uighur detainees.

All seems a bit familiar doesn't it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:10 - Jul 17 with 1795 viewshomer_123

Sadly, I cannot see it happening.

Nations won't get involved in countries like Burma, let alone China.

Login to get fewer ads

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:12 - Jul 17 with 1784 viewshomer_123

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:00 - Jul 17 by Steve_M

It's from last year but has been verified.

I would say that whilst the clip is evidence of a crime against humanity, it is not, of itself, proof of genocide. There is certainly other evidence for that though in the forced sterilisations and family separations.

Cheers Steve

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:13 - Jul 17 with 1778 viewsgordon

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:09 - Jul 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

We've known about the Chinese abuses of the Uighur population for years. Including forced sterilisation, forced labour, forced confessions, water boarding, routine beatings and concentration camps.

The US intercepted 13 tonnes of human hair products a few months ago that is believed to have come from Uighur detainees.

All seems a bit familiar doesn't it.

Yes, I had just thought it was accepted as common knowledge.
We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:26 - Jul 17 with 1733 viewsSwansea_Blue

We wouldn't. Everyone saw what they did to the Tibetans, yet we largely ignored that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:29 - Jul 17 with 1718 viewsmatteoblue

There is indeed now strong evidence from many alleged victims that support the case that there is a potential genocide happening in China. The Communist Party which exists as an all powerful party in a one party system will not tolerate possible alternative lifestyles to the one that it promotes to all of its people. If anyone disagrees with the opinion of the Party, they will be 'educated' so that their 'extreme' views can be modified or centralised. We can now see what this 'education' involves, which is enslaving the 'extremists' into concentration camps enduring hardship and almost certainly death, until they have learned the 'error' of their ways. The world is already starting to turn against China, as they seem to have played their hand too early in trying to boss other countries around and threatening global expansion, but their economy has stagnated and they are stuck in a developing status. Economic sanctions will have a big effect, if western countries are brave enough to do it. But there is little else that can be done to help any of its citizens who dare to believe in a private lifestyle that goes against the herd of a totalitarian country and its people.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:21 - Jul 17 with 1591 viewsGlasgowBlue

We can’t use the excuse this time on 10:04 - Jul 17 by gordon

It was said at the time that the world was unaware of the Holocaust, although it’s since been revealed we were aware in 1942.

There is no such excuse in the case of the Uighurs. The world knows and has known for some time.

That we have done nothing has emboldened China to ramp it up.

Iron Lion Zion

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:47 - Jul 17 with 1556 viewsGuthrum

Not going to happen. China's economic clout and reach are just too big to do anything like that nowadays, either practically or politically.

Would take years, possibly decades, to create alternatives to China's cheap manufacturing and to find different sources of their raw materials vital in the production of technology (e.g. rare earths) - which would be the most effective way of hurting them. They could also cause a lot of trouble in sensitive areas of the world and on vital seaways.

Unfortunately, there is very little direct or immediate leverage for tackling apalling situations like this one.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:58 - Jul 17 with 1541 viewsBloomBlue

It will never happen even if it went to the UN you know the likes of Russia will support China by default. The recent support of China over Hong Kong by a group of Countries at the UN demonstrates that, the UN is tribal it never speaks as one

The only person who has stood up to China is Trump and he won't get reelected in Nov.

People across the world can help, stop buying anything and everything from China. Find out before you buy anything is any part made in China and if yes don't buy even if it means buying from somewhere else at double the cost
We can’t use the excuse this time on 12:20 - Jul 17 with 1503 viewsGlasgowBlue

We can’t use the excuse this time on 11:58 - Jul 17 by BloomBlue

It will never happen even if it went to the UN you know the likes of Russia will support China by default. The recent support of China over Hong Kong by a group of Countries at the UN demonstrates that, the UN is tribal it never speaks as one

The only person who has stood up to China is Trump and he won't get reelected in Nov.

People across the world can help, stop buying anything and everything from China. Find out before you buy anything is any part made in China and if yes don't buy even if it means buying from somewhere else at double the cost

Mind boggling to think that 46 governments signed a letter supporting China’s policy towards Uighurs, including Muslim majority countries such as Iran, Palestine, Iraq and Pakistan.

Iron Lion Zion

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:14 - Jul 17 with 1357 viewsGlasgowBlue

Powerful stuff from Maajid.

He’s now on his third day of hunger strike.

Iron Lion Zion

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:45 - Jul 17 with 1323 viewsDarth_Koont

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:14 - Jul 17 by GlasgowBlue

Powerful stuff from Maajid.

He’s now on his third day of hunger strike.

Great cause. Awful self-promoting, left-punching, establishment-fellating tool.

Pronouns: He/Him

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:51 - Jul 17 with 1319 viewshampstead_blue

Makes you cry.
In a modern society that this is happening is wrong.

It has been said "what atrocities are we seeing today that in 50 years time we will look back upon with shame".......

We ought to cancel Chinese investment, issue Gov Bonds to replace the money and hit them as hard as we can before it's becomes self harming.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:58 - Jul 17 with 1302 viewsGlasgowBlue

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:45 - Jul 17 by Darth_Koont

I guess Maajid is the wrong kind of Muslim eh Koonters!

Iron Lion Zion

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:02 - Jul 17 with 1291 viewsSpruceMoose

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:58 - Jul 17 by GlasgowBlue

Just can't stop with the point scoring can you?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:08 - Jul 17 with 1277 viewsDarth_Koont

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:58 - Jul 17 by GlasgowBlue

I was talking about you.

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:13 - Jul 17 with 1278 viewshampstead_blue

We can’t use the excuse this time on 18:45 - Jul 17 by Darth_Koont

Have you ever met Majid?

He's a top bloke. I met him a lot a few years back and I can say he was cool. Still is in my book.
Ignore his politics but as a bloke, he's great.

Darth_Koont you are wrong.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:25 - Jul 17 with 1251 viewssparks

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:13 - Jul 17 by hampstead_blue

Have you ever met Majid?

He's a top bloke. I met him a lot a few years back and I can say he was cool. Still is in my book.

I have a lot of tim for him.

But for someone who has left extremism behind, hunger striking is kinda extreme.

I dont understand his logic here if he is serious. The Chinese are not going to bend as a result of this- they wont notice or care. So he wil either die, or have to back down. Realistically it will be the latter. I get that its a publicity thing. But still.

That is not to say, for one moment, that I take issue with his stance. I just dont see what "hunger strike" achieves.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 19:29]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:31 - Jul 17 with 1235 viewsDarth_Koont

We can’t use the excuse this time on 19:13 - Jul 17 by hampstead_blue

Have you ever met Majid?

Fiver is in the post for making my point better than I ever could myself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024