Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed 14:13 - Jul 17 with 2649 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/motives-still-unclear-as-hunt-for-

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:28 - Jul 17 with 1987 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:32 - Jul 17 with 1973 viewsmonytowbray

Oh he’s into metal music according to his tee. I love a good “counter culture is dangerous” story where they blame someone’s music tastes for their actions.

Possibly being a cynic and jumping the gun but that narrative has been pushed so many times.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:32 - Jul 17 with 1970 viewsSpruceMoose

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:28 - Jul 17 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Hopefully he won't. Sounds potentially dangerous though, so here's hoping for a peaceful resolution.

Some of that hero worship Moat still gets online blows my mind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:33 - Jul 17 with 1965 viewsBlueBadger

'The newspaper Bild said the contents of the text bore close resemblance to the 35,000 word neo-Luddite essay Industrial Society and Its Future by Theodore Kaczynski, better known as the Unabomber, who tried to spark a revolution in the US with a nationwide bombing campaign between 1978 and 1995.'

Terror supporter? check.
Apparent sympathies with dodgy far right bullsh1t espoused by the above? check
Iffy black metal group on his tshirt? check
'A sensitive soul' who is a bit of a loner? check
Previous convictions for violence? check
Antiemitic slogans graffiti'd on walls? check

I'm guessing this is someone we Should Agree To Disgree and Not Generalise about then and not at all a far-right terorist sort.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 14:37]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:34 - Jul 17 with 1957 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:32 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Hopefully he won't. Sounds potentially dangerous though, so here's hoping for a peaceful resolution.

Some of that hero worship Moat still gets online blows my mind.

There’s a mental health angle to the Moat Stuff though.

Not to justify what he did but it could have been avoided with correct intervention.

I mean, I’ve had the MH services in the UK fail me too, but I just became an alcoholic rather than go on a shooting spree.

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:34 - Jul 17 with 1960 viewsBlueBadger

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:32 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Oh he’s into metal music according to his tee. I love a good “counter culture is dangerous” story where they blame someone’s music tastes for their actions.

Possibly being a cynic and jumping the gun but that narrative has been pushed so many times.

In all fairness, the 'manifesto' similar to the Unabomber is a lot more worrying then the dodgy black/death tshirt...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:37 - Jul 17 with 1936 viewsSpruceMoose

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:34 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

There’s a mental health angle to the Moat Stuff though.

Not to justify what he did but it could have been avoided with correct intervention.

I mean, I’ve had the MH services in the UK fail me too, but I just became an alcoholic rather than go on a shooting spree.

I agree with that completely.

The stuff I've seen online isn't talking about the many times opportunities that were missed which may have helped to avoid what happened though, it's celebrating his murder spree as some kind of 'stick it to the man' act.

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 1912 viewsBlueBadger

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:37 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

The stuff I've seen online isn't talking about the many times opportunities that were missed which may have helped to avoid what happened though, it's celebrating his murder spree as some kind of 'stick it to the man' act.

People are f*cking awful and the sooner the next metoer hits, the better.

Login to get fewer ads

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 1912 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:34 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, the 'manifesto' similar to the Unabomber is a lot more worrying then the dodgy black/death tshirt...

True but they’ll go for the easy target.

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:44 - Jul 17 with 1902 viewsjeera

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:34 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Having done time previously for shooting someone with a crossbow, then ambushing some coppers with a gun might also out sway the response rather than his choice of music.

That said, he did seem to be minding his own business when they went looking for him.

Arrest him for making garden gnomes though by all means. That seems fair.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:44 - Jul 17 with 1909 viewsBlueBadger

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:42 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

True but they’ll go for the easy target.

Plus, let's face it, there's plenty of dodgy associations in black metal still. Nowhere near as bad as the 90's, but it's still there.

Props to the guy from Nocleansinging here:

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2020/07/01/an-apology-and-a-promise/
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 15:00]

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 1889 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:37 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

I know someone in Ipswich who me and my friends all think has the potential. Gone down a lot of 8chan holes and pretty much everyone I know has far distanced themselves from him. Full one sociopathic tendencies too, regular sh1tty behaviour followed by claiming victim and acting as if what he did never happened.

But until they outright say something that suggests a threat, what can you do?

Also there’s the ongoing battle of narcing to the police, but I guess in that event it would be the police doing what they’re supposed to rather than going after motorists on double yellow lines for 5 seconds.

Every time I’ve ever needed the police they’ve been f*cking useless TBH.

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:51 - Jul 17 with 1845 viewsLibero

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:46 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I know someone in Ipswich who me and my friends all think has the potential. Gone down a lot of 8chan holes and pretty much everyone I know has far distanced themselves from him. Full one sociopathic tendencies too, regular sh1tty behaviour followed by claiming victim and acting as if what he did never happened.

Also there’s the ongoing battle of narcing to the police, but I guess in that event it would be the police doing what they’re supposed to rather than going after motorists on double yellow lines for 5 seconds.

You can still report concerning behaviours to prevent or SCC.
Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:52 - Jul 17 with 1858 viewsSpruceMoose

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:46 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

There's a poster on here I'm genuinely worried about. Seems to delight in violent fantasies of hurting others just for having a different point of view.

But like you say, what can you do?

I'm a white guy and every time I've interacted with the police, on both sides of the Atlantic, they've been powertripping, obnoxious blowhards. God knows how interacting with police while Black must feel, other than suffocating.

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:56 - Jul 17 with 1821 viewsLibero

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:52 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

There's a poster on here I'm genuinely worried about. Seems to delight in violent fantasies of hurting others just for having a different point of view.

I'm a white guy and every time I've interacted with the police, on both sides of the Atlantic, they've been powertripping, obnoxious blowhards. God knows how interacting with police while Black must feel, other than suffocating.

Again, it's best to just report these people.
If it turns out that actually they're harmless then no harm done.

I've worked places where we've received calls from people/had walk ins that clearly aren't right, One bloke told me the royal family were trying to fit him up for a murder on the grounds of Sandringham palace and that Prince Harry was the actual murderer...
He then went on to tell me about how he "knows how to disappear" and said that he would need to soon "after the event"
I know he'd done a lot of "charity" work in Africa, but he also claimed to be former military.

I happily rang SCC and Prevent. I've no idea if he actually is dangerous or not, I know he'd just lost his Mother, but regardless, it's concerning behaviour and it needs reporting, not just for the safety of others but for the individual himself.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 15:08]
Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:00 - Jul 17 with 1809 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:52 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

When I was assaulted doing my job or when I had a car accident and about 10 of the bloke’s chav mates showed up at the scene they couldn’t be bothered to come out. Or when an addict off his nut was banging and screaming on the downstairs flat Occupied by OAPs for 3 hours in the early morning. The latter I even said “you need to get out and help this bloke, he’s a danger to himself” and nah, too much effort.’

Had one shove me over for no reason other than standing at the front of the police barrier near the station trying to get back to London vs Scum a couple of seasons back.

Had another give me a £100 fine when working for Domino’s for pulling over with my hazards on for 30 secs to deliver a pizza and ironically causing an actual block in the road for 10 minutes to give me said ticket.

When I was a teen an addict stole my mates phone and threatened to “jack” us. The police said “follow him around town and we’ll be there in an hour. Put us in danger and never showed up.

ACAB. Change my mind.

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 1784 viewsSpruceMoose

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:00 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

When I was assaulted doing my job or when I had a car accident and about 10 of the bloke’s chav mates showed up at the scene they couldn’t be bothered to come out. Or when an addict off his nut was banging and screaming on the downstairs flat Occupied by OAPs for 3 hours in the early morning. The latter I even said “you need to get out and help this bloke, he’s a danger to himself” and nah, too much effort.’

Had one shove me over for no reason other than standing at the front of the police barrier near the station trying to get back to London vs Scum a couple of seasons back.

Had another give me a £100 fine when working for Domino’s for pulling over with my hazards on for 30 secs to deliver a pizza and ironically causing an actual block in the road for 10 minutes to give me said ticket.

When I was a teen an addict stole my mates phone and threatened to “jack” us. The police said “follow him around town and we’ll be there in an hour. Put us in danger and never showed up.

ACAB. Change my mind.

Well, I do think that there are decent people within all police forces worldwide. But until they stop closing ranks and protecting the police who commit abuses then they are only as good as the worst police officer.

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:06 - Jul 17 with 1758 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:04 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Well, I do think that there are decent people within all police forces worldwide. But until they stop closing ranks and protecting the police who commit abuses then they are only as good as the worst police officer.

Ditto. The system is the problem. Good cops with the right intentions often get forced out or end up complying.

Same for our current Government though. Basically hierarchies and authoritative organisations are for a part as much of a problem as the crimes they claim to combat.

Drug laws are a great example of that.

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:19 - Jul 17 with 1702 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:44 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Plus, let's face it, there's plenty of dodgy associations in black metal still. Nowhere near as bad as the 90's, but it's still there.

Props to the guy from Nocleansinging here:

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2020/07/01/an-apology-and-a-promise/
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 15:00]

I often still see people in Burzum merch at shows. Like cool, what other Neo Nazi artists do you support?

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:23 - Jul 17 with 1676 viewsDubtractor

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 14:32 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Black Forest Rambo would be a good name for a metal band as it goes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:23 - Jul 17 with 1672 viewsDarth_Koont

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:04 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Agree with that.

But working from the source of the problem, we've also made the police carry a massive burden to police and protect a flawed, unbalanced society that's underfunded and undervalued by politicians and too many of the electorate. I think that puts way too much pressure on the police and individual staff.

The law and order types frequently want their interests protecting but to keep paying less for the privelege. Any actual social responsibility would be too much of an infringement on their liberties and finances.

Pronouns: He/Him

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:24 - Jul 17 with 1673 viewsBlueBadger

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:19 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I often still see people in Burzum merch at shows. Like cool, what other Neo Nazi artists do you support?

My favorite thing about the Lords of Chaos film is the fact that the members of Mayhem HATE it.
Why?
Because it's inaccurate or makes look bad?

No, because Varg Vikernes was portrayed by a Jewish actor.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 15:37]

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:27 - Jul 17 with 1653 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:24 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

My favorite thing about the Lords of Chaos film is the fact that the members of Mayhem HATE it.
Why?
Because it's inaccurate or makes look bad?

No, because Varg Vikernes was portrayed by a Jewish actor.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 15:37]

Recommend watching UntilThe Light Takes Us (on youtube) and listening to the Last Podcast on the Left 3 parter on Norwegian Black Metal.

Oddly, the chairman of the ITFC Norway Supporter’s Club took me to visit the building where Varg killed Euronymous.

🤘🤘🤘

Sitters was on that trip too but chose the pub over a Norway Black Metal History tour.

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:28 - Jul 17 with 1644 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:23 - Jul 17 by Dubtractor

Black Forest Rambo would be a good name for a metal band as it goes.

Sounds too much like a current based dessert for me.

TWTD never forgets…

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:29 - Jul 17 with 1634 viewsmonytowbray

Word that Paul Gascoigne is currently en route to Germany remains unconfirmed on 15:23 - Jul 17 by Darth_Koont

Agree with that.

But working from the source of the problem, we've also made the police carry a massive burden to police and protect a flawed, unbalanced society that's underfunded and undervalued by politicians and too many of the electorate. I think that puts way too much pressure on the police and individual staff.

The law and order types frequently want their interests protecting but to keep paying less for the privelege. Any actual social responsibility would be too much of an infringement on their liberties and finances.

Exactly the point of Defund, yet the right wing insist it’s about having no police and letting crims run wild*

*they already do but they’re in our governments and are protected.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024