Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion 16:16 - Jul 17 with 2857 viewsSpruceMoose

This article here is a perfect example of why opinions and feelings don't trump facts.

Guy refuses to wear mask. Calls it hype. Guy posts online about going to bars and on out of town trips without wearing one. Guy gets the virus. Guy dies from virus. Friend 'Rick' ask for compassion for him.

Nuh huh, sorry Rick, your friend was a selfish plague rat. God knows how many other people he passed the virus onto while laughing at it. Now you think he deserves compassion?

"We should still be compassionate whether we agree with someone’s beliefs or not" says Rick.

Where was your friend's compassion with the belief of others that wearing a mask in public might help others? Your friends beliefs didn't mean squat when they ran into reality.

Oh well. Anther vote off the Trump count total.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/17/covid-19-ohio-veteran-37-r

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:22 - Jul 17 with 1752 viewsjeera

I'm all out of compassion for these people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:27 - Jul 17 with 1737 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:22 - Jul 17 by jeera

I'm all out of compassion for these people.

At least he doesn't have to wear a mask anymore.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:28 - Jul 17 with 1727 viewsjeera

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:27 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

At least he doesn't have to wear a mask anymore.

More importantly, as you've already alluded, he can't hurt anyone else.

I'm far from glad he's dead, but am glad he can't ruin more lives.

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:31 - Jul 17 with 1714 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:28 - Jul 17 by jeera

More importantly, as you've already alluded, he can't hurt anyone else.

I'm far from glad he's dead, but am glad he can't ruin more lives.

He can't vote this year either now. Double the winning. When dying to own the libs goes wrong.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:31]

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:33 - Jul 17 with 1704 viewsbluelagos

The problem with your position is that it absolves those responsible for messaging from their responsibility.

Rick died because he did not beleive the risks were real - not because he was selfish. He was ignorant.

Which means we should question why did he not believe the many messages being made about the dangers of the virus. The lack of trust in public figures is surely down to the conduct of public figures?

So I'd be targeting my anger at those responsible for the lack of public trust rather than those no longer trusting them...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:36 - Jul 17 with 1679 viewsEwan_Oozami

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:33 - Jul 17 by bluelagos

The problem with your position is that it absolves those responsible for messaging from their responsibility.

Rick died because he did not beleive the risks were real - not because he was selfish. He was ignorant.

Which means we should question why did he not believe the many messages being made about the dangers of the virus. The lack of trust in public figures is surely down to the conduct of public figures?

So I'd be targeting my anger at those responsible for the lack of public trust rather than those no longer trusting them...

It's just a question of which public figures you believe I guess...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:39 - Jul 17 with 1668 viewsMeadowlark

Is Rick asking for compassion for his now dead friend or for himself?
Showing compassion to someone who is dead is rather a waste.
Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:42 - Jul 17 with 1658 viewsjeera

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:33 - Jul 17 by bluelagos

I think it's a strong element of both.

Rick was an adult and made his own choices. He could have delved a bit or just taken note of those people who do have concerns, even if he didn't really believe in it himself.

A bit of compassion from Rick might have saved the day.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:44 - Jul 17 with 1655 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry, he had no excuse for being ignorant. This isn't the dark ages. Information is freely available to 99% of people over here - if you want it. Because of how easy it is to establish the facts around this pandemic I doubt he was even ignorant of the facts anyway, and instead was doing this because he wanted to make a political point out of a public health crisis.

I know this happens because I have family members who continue to do just this. According to them this week's decision by Walmart to require facemasks in all their stores shows that they've become a Liberal Commie business hell bent on assaulting muh freedoms.

But back to the dead guy, he was actively going out of his way to force his ignorance on others in a manner that could harm them. He's responsible for that behaviour. Nobody else.

I'm not going to absolve him of all responsibility. He was 37 years old, and had worked in the military. He wasn't some 80 year old confuddled grandad. He grew up with the internet and would have known how to establish facts rather than pushing propaganda.

None of that is to say I can't be also disgusted by the lying politicians either. But they can't do what they do unless people like this help them.

I think the situation over here is vastly different from the UK, which may go some way towards explaining my hostility towards people like this.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:49]

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:50 - Jul 17 with 1621 viewsgiant_stow

Guy made a terrible, stupid, deadly mistake - people make mistakes quite often - think you're being a bit harsh.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:52 - Jul 17 with 1611 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:50 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

Guy made a terrible, stupid, deadly mistake - people make mistakes quite often - think you're being a bit harsh.

Interested why you think it was a mistake?

A mistake would be forgetting his mask when he went to the shop and picking up the virus.
A mistake isn't calling the response to Covid 'hype', refusing to wear a mask and deliberately going to places to be around other people without wearing one.

This wasn't a mistake. This was deliberate. Talk sh!t, get hit.

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:52 - Jul 17 with 1609 viewsDyland

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:50 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

I think Sprucers is just fed up with ignorant people talking utter sh1te.

Agree it's kinda tragic more than anything else.

Oh, and suq.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:53 - Jul 17 with 1599 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed.

The exhibited standards (honesty, integrity, objectivity, selflessness) of public figures, and the standards the electorate expect of them, is lamentably low.

I'd say that's in no small way connected to the as bad if not worse standards of our media who are the interface between public figures and the public. Without a functioning and serious media we can't really expect anything else.

Pronouns: He/Him

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 1589 viewsjeera

Well, no. He didn't care mate.

The attitude that Rick displayed is typical one of 'f**k everyone else, I will do as I like'.

He wasn't concerned about anyone other than Rick.

And now Rick is no longer, which is much fairer than him being responsible for more damage to people who do care and do try to be considerate.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:56]

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 1585 viewsgiant_stow

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:52 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Interested why you think it was a mistake?

A mistake would be forgetting his mask when he went to the shop and picking up the virus.
A mistake isn't calling the response to Covid 'hype', refusing to wear a mask and deliberately going to places to be around other people without wearing one.

This wasn't a mistake. This was deliberate. Talk sh!t, get hit.

I do see what you're saying, but his mistake was convincing himself of all the wrong stuff.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 1583 viewsgiant_stow

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:52 - Jul 17 by Dyland

Oh, and suq.

xx

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 1576 viewsgiant_stow

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:56 - Jul 17 by jeera

Well, no. He didn't care mate.

The attitude that Rick displayed is typical one of 'f**k everyone else, I will do as I like'.

He wasn't concerned about anyone other than Rick.

And now Rick is no longer, which is much fairer than him being responsible for more damage to people who do care and do try to be considerate.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:56]

Again I can see why you're angry. Let's hope some good comes of this and his story puts others off from behaving so badly.

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 1576 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:52 - Jul 17 by Dyland

Oh, and suq.

It's not just the talking over here that is making me fed up, it's the need to actually act on their anti-social and offensive beliefs that is slowly winding me up.

There are large numbers of people over here who just don't care about others in their community. Even something as simple as wearing a mask to potentially help others is ridiculed, and mocked, and sneered at. Meanness, smallness and hostility are taking over, all because of the hatred of anyone who isn't as far right as they are on the political spectrum. I'd like to think that the situation in the UK is not, and will not, become this way.

Mrs Moose has an immune condition that means she's of high risk of virus complications. Do I celebrate when one of these clowns dies rather than her? Damn right I do. Fuk em. At least they can't put anyone else at risk now.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:59]

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:59 - Jul 17 with 1564 viewsjeera

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:58 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

Again I can see why you're angry. Let's hope some good comes of this and his story puts others off from behaving so badly.

I'm not angry buddy.

Just not as sorry that he's gone as I would be if others were dead because of him.

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 17:38 - Jul 17 with 1502 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:58 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

It's not just the talking over here that is making me fed up, it's the need to actually act on their anti-social and offensive beliefs that is slowly winding me up.

There are large numbers of people over here who just don't care about others in their community. Even something as simple as wearing a mask to potentially help others is ridiculed, and mocked, and sneered at. Meanness, smallness and hostility are taking over, all because of the hatred of anyone who isn't as far right as they are on the political spectrum. I'd like to think that the situation in the UK is not, and will not, become this way.

Mrs Moose has an immune condition that means she's of high risk of virus complications. Do I celebrate when one of these clowns dies rather than her? Damn right I do. Fuk em. At least they can't put anyone else at risk now.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:59]

Story to disappoint you but currently those wearing any sort of mask are in the minority.

Things will change in a weeks time when the truce between COVID-19 and Boris expires and hostilities resume.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 17:43 - Jul 17 with 1490 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 17:38 - Jul 17 by Pinewoodblue

Story to disappoint you but currently those wearing any sort of mask are in the minority.

Things will change in a weeks time when the truce between COVID-19 and Boris expires and hostilities resume.

But are those who do wear a mask frequently being harrased in public by mouthbreathers who think by wearing them they are making an Anti-Boris Johnson statement?

That's the kind of lunacy going on over here. Wife's elderly Grandma in the Midwest regularly gets pelters from fat gammon faced fúckers wearing camo (even though the only thing they're hunting is microwave burgers) as they ride their mobility scooters around Walmart, just for wearing a mask - which they see as a pop aimed at Trump.

Some people are just genuine filth.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 17:45]

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 17:47 - Jul 17 with 1470 viewswkj

TRIBALISM! Team Mask vs Team Devout

The social media bubble can no longer be absolved from the role it plays in costing lives.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 17:53 - Jul 17 with 1449 viewseastangliaisblue

Chat sh1t get banged. Bye Rick.
Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 17:53 - Jul 17 with 1449 viewsChiefXL

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 16:56 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

xx

Agree to disagree?
Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 18:06 - Jul 17 with 1416 viewsbluelagos

Covid denier shocked to die of Covid - Friend asks for compassion on 17:43 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

But are those who do wear a mask frequently being harrased in public by mouthbreathers who think by wearing them they are making an Anti-Boris Johnson statement?

That's the kind of lunacy going on over here. Wife's elderly Grandma in the Midwest regularly gets pelters from fat gammon faced fúckers wearing camo (even though the only thing they're hunting is microwave burgers) as they ride their mobility scooters around Walmart, just for wearing a mask - which they see as a pop aimed at Trump.

Some people are just genuine filth.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 17:45]

I'll meet you half way here. Anyone hassling people for wearing a mask is utter scum.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024