Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot 16:32 - Jul 17 with 3136 viewsIllinoisblue

And the fallout from the World Cup of c#^**% it’s clear the new season can’t start soon enough to give everyone something football related to argue about. Long hot summer ahead

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 2251 viewsgtsb1966

Am i the only person here that doesn't understand what twitter is all about or how to use it.
With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:41 - Jul 17 with 2244 viewsBlueBadger

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:40 - Jul 17 by gtsb1966

Am i the only person here that doesn't understand what twitter is all about or how to use it.

As I understand it, its main use is for sending death threats to celebrities for the crime of being not white, male and straight and/or dissing Jereny Corbyn,

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:45 - Jul 17 with 2240 viewsPJH

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:40 - Jul 17 by gtsb1966

No you are not.

I manage to get through life ok without that and without Facebook.
I think what you have to remember is that.... on 16:45 - Jul 17 with 2241 viewsBloots

....if you "do a podcast" then you are always right and cannot be disagreed with.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

swear up on 16:46 - Jul 17 with 2229 viewsDyland

I think what you have to remember is that.... on 16:45 - Jul 17 by Bloots

....if you "do a podcast" then you are always right and cannot be disagreed with.

Lambert out.

You miserable sod.

Lambert out.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm quite happy today actually old bean.... on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 2189 viewsBloots

swear up on 16:46 - Jul 17 by Dyland

You miserable sod.

Lambert out.

....I've done a reasonable amount of work, had some shelves for my new shed delivered (rock n roll), mowed the lawn and I've just "popped the tags" on a nice new pair of trainers ready for a crawl around pub gardens tomorrow.

What a life eh?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 17:08 - Jul 17 with 2160 viewsRyorry

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:41 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

As I understand it, its main use is for sending death threats to celebrities for the crime of being not white, male and straight and/or dissing Jereny Corbyn,

As with many other things, what it is like/what it is used for is 99% dependent on the user.

It's the only way I've been able to get a response from BT on the now 7 occasions, incorporating 19 days, over past 5 weeks when my landline's been down. As neighbours aren't within shouting distance & there's no mobile signal within 100m, it's a potential life-saver for me. Not to mention the laughs, info (esp on local roads closed etc), discussions, sharing of gardening, dog, beauty-spot, people photos from around the world etc etc. In over 8 years haven't received 1/100th of the abuse on there that I have on "other" social media sites either ..
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 18:11]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 17:11 - Jul 17 with 2143 viewsDarth_Koont

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 16:41 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Actually, that's just the racists and/or superficial pith-merchants like you.

As a source towards further reading and understanding it's very good.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 17:35 - Jul 17 with 2062 viewsBLUEBEAT

What are podcast people arguing about?

“My pod is better than your pod” kind of thing?

Poll: W or W

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 17:39 - Jul 17 with 2055 viewswkj

Days like these are brilliant - I get to realise how successful I have been as an irrelevant entity to ITFC.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 18:18 - Jul 17 with 1985 viewsRyorry

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 17:11 - Jul 17 by Darth_Koont

Actually, that's just the racists and/or superficial pith-merchants like you.

As a source towards further reading and understanding it's very good.

"towards further reading and understanding it's very good."

This place is also good for that, but of course on there you have input from far more people all over the world. How much are Chinese and Russian people censored tho? Don't see much from them.

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 18:41 - Jul 17 with 1953 viewsitfcjoe

Is it really bickering? There has been a constant attempt to bait and bring Blue Monday into this and as a collective we’ve basically kept our powder dry and out of things.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 18:47 - Jul 17 with 1931 viewsIllinoisblue

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 18:41 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

Is it really bickering? There has been a constant attempt to bait and bring Blue Monday into this and as a collective we’ve basically kept our powder dry and out of things.

Should have clarified; not pod vs. pod bickering but more a case of accusations and counter accusations from some of those included in the c word World Cup.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:02 - Jul 17 with 1884 viewsDarth_Koont

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 18:18 - Jul 17 by Ryorry

"towards further reading and understanding it's very good."

This place is also good for that, but of course on there you have input from far more people all over the world. How much are Chinese and Russian people censored tho? Don't see much from them.

English language dominates which naturally tilts things to a more US-UK perspective on a lot of global issues. And I think the European views are most critically absent as they fall somewhere in between the Imperialist/Cold War nonsense and closer to a more objective view from the developed world.

But those voices plus the voices from Africa, Asia and South America are always interesting as they’re often the innocent and objective bystander. They know that Trump vs. Biden, Johnson vs. Starmer (so far) are questions of degrees rather than any real discussion of ways forward for the world.

And they also know that our human rights and social justice fads are tools for power and influence rather than principles.

Pronouns: He/Him

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:02 - Jul 17 with 1890 viewsitfcjoe

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 18:47 - Jul 17 by Illinoisblue

Should have clarified; not pod vs. pod bickering but more a case of accusations and counter accusations from some of those included in the c word World Cup.

To me there is an issue when you think you are responsible for where the line sits between what is and isn’t ok, and little reflection on own behaviours which at time may not have been ‘ok’

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:03 - Jul 17 with 1891 viewsSitfcB

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 18:41 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

That’s what makes it even more weird on their part, Blue Monday is by far more a professional set up and well established. It’s quite obvious they wouldn’t partake in a ‘we’re the best/number 1’ argument, embarrassing from that other lot, so cringey.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:09 - Jul 17 with 1862 viewsitfcjoe

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:03 - Jul 17 by SitfcB

That’s what makes it even more weird on their part, Blue Monday is by far more a professional set up and well established. It’s quite obvious they wouldn’t partake in a ‘we’re the best/number 1’ argument, embarrassing from that other lot, so cringey.

We all know Naked Footy is the original and best anyway!

But there has been a lot of attempting to court controversy and attention this week, now this happens and it feeds itself

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:17 - Jul 17 with 1844 viewswkj

As an almost partnered content creator on a different platform, I have been part of a community in this situation before. All hats in the ring that get engaged in the blocks end up losing out as they nearly always alienate sections of their viewer base.

Yes... I just flexed.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 19:18]

Crybaby

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:18 - Jul 17 with 1832 viewsSpruceMoose

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:17 - Jul 17 by wkj

As an almost partnered content creator on a different platform, I have been part of a community in this situation before. All hats in the ring that get engaged in the blocks end up losing out as they nearly always alienate sections of their viewer base.

Yes... I just flexed.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 19:18]

How are things over on the Goop forums?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:20 - Jul 17 with 1826 viewswkj

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:18 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

How are things over on the Goop forums?

Good for the most part, but we're fighting hard to replace all the former employees who followed our corporate stance on vaccinations.

Crybaby

That one that Bedsheet does actually..... on 19:23 - Jul 17 with 1820 viewsBloots

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:03 - Jul 17 by SitfcB

....calls itself "The Number 1 Ipswich Town Podcast".

From what I can tell it's 3 or 4 blokes/birds talking to each other on their phones.

That one that Bedsheet does actually..... on 19:33 - Jul 17 with 1788 viewsgreyhound

That one that Bedsheet does actually..... on 19:23 - Jul 17 by Bloots

From what I can tell it's 3 or 4 blokes/birds talking to each other on their phones.

Take it this all refers to that hdr network business. Its not good content at all
With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 21:30 - Jul 17 with 1633 viewsRyorry

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 19:02 - Jul 17 by Darth_Koont

English language dominates which naturally tilts things to a more US-UK perspective on a lot of global issues. And I think the European views are most critically absent as they fall somewhere in between the Imperialist/Cold War nonsense and closer to a more objective view from the developed world.

But those voices plus the voices from Africa, Asia and South America are always interesting as they’re often the innocent and objective bystander. They know that Trump vs. Biden, Johnson vs. Starmer (so far) are questions of degrees rather than any real discussion of ways forward for the world.

And they also know that our human rights and social justice fads are tools for power and influence rather than principles.

I guess you're right about the Eng Lang thing, but there's a v. good translate facility on it, & of course many have English as a second language, so it's still disappointing not to hear more from those 2 countries in particular.

Surprised you don't see many European views tho - a lot of those I follow anyway (both Brits & non-Brits) are naturally pro-EU & anti-Brexit, & pull in a lot of contributions from several European countries.

Your middle para is spot on. To me it's like the Beeb's 'From Our Own Correspondent', but in wagonloads from thousands of different individuals instead of in teacupfuls now & then from one reporter. There's nothing like hearing it from those most involved on the ground.

With all the Twitter bickering among the ITFC podcast lot on 21:32 - Jul 17 with 1621 viewsRyorry

If you want to get going with it I'd be happy to help - just PM me.

That one that Bedsheet does actually..... on 22:18 - Jul 17 with 1544 viewsSuperCoops

That one that Bedsheet does actually..... on 19:23 - Jul 17 by Bloots

I'm not up to date on podcasts, is bedsheet Rich/Moss Chops behind this "number 1 pod" crew?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024