Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. 23:56 - Jul 17 with 856 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

On The Beeb now. Wow, did not appreciate how bloody good it was at the time.
Our wonderful, diverse nation at its absolute finest.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 00:06 - Jul 18 with 823 viewsmanchego

wonderful isn't it.
sort of like a place where you would like to live.
Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 00:07 - Jul 18 with 830 viewsDubtractor

Assuming in response to the TV, Cold War Steve just posted this.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 01:41 - Jul 18 with 749 viewsRyorry

Absolutely brilliant wasn't it, those really were the days - pre-Brexit, pre-Covid_19, pre-BorisJohnson, pre-Trump - so glad we didn't know what lay ahead or we'd never have been able to be enjoy it as happily as we did.

I really did appreciate it at the time; thought this slightly edited version not quite as good despite it being officially edited by Danny Boyle himself I believe - but still, joyous stuff.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 05:59 - Jul 18 with 692 viewseastangliaisblue

I'm more concerned with the fact that it was eight years ago. Time passes far too quickly.
Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 08:56 - Jul 18 with 611 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was great.

I remember some of the rumours in the build up made it sound like we were to expect something underwhelming, but it was spectacular. Loved it!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 09:11 - Jul 18 with 598 viewsBluespeed225

Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 01:41 - Jul 18 by Ryorry

Absolutely brilliant wasn't it, those really were the days - pre-Brexit, pre-Covid_19, pre-BorisJohnson, pre-Trump - so glad we didn't know what lay ahead or we'd never have been able to be enjoy it as happily as we did.

I really did appreciate it at the time; thought this slightly edited version not quite as good despite it being officially edited by Danny Boyle himself I believe - but still, joyous stuff.

And only a year post riots!
Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 09:42 - Jul 18 with 570 viewsChrisd

Just watched it this morning, just incredible. The organisation that went into it was just mind blowing. If I was Danny Boyle, I’d have not slept for months leading up to that opening ceremony through stress and worry, but he certainly did the country proud. It was most definitely the catalyst for that games in 2012, such an amazing experience, which galvanised everyone and encouraged love, respect and unity for a short time at least. It’s certainly a memory I look back on fondly.

Coe’s words during the closing ceremony summed up London 2012 perfectly for me....’We lit the flame and then we lit up the world.’
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 17:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 09:58 - Jul 18 with 552 viewsvapour_trail

Olympic Games 2012 Opening Ceremony. on 00:07 - Jul 18 by Dubtractor

Assuming in response to the TV, Cold War Steve just posted this.....

That’s astonishing.

And Our Alan watches over it all.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024