Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£4 Million 10:21 - Jul 18 with 2717 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Seems a very low fee to be 'holding out' for.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

£4 Million on 10:23 - Jul 18 with 2466 viewsHerbivore

I'd say it looks about right for a League 1 midfielder that doesn't score many goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

£4 Million on 10:24 - Jul 18 with 2462 viewsCheltenham_Blue

£4 Million on 10:23 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

I'd say it looks about right for a League 1 midfielder that doesn't score many goals.

If Downes is worth £4m where does that put Wolfie?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

£4 Million on 10:27 - Jul 18 with 2440 viewspointofblue

£4 Million on 10:24 - Jul 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

If Downes is worth £4m where does that put Wolfie?

£2.5m? Downes had put in performances at a higher level.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

£4 Million on 10:40 - Jul 18 with 2393 viewsJ2BLUE

Although i'd be really disappointed I don't think I could be angry at Evans if we sold him for £4m.

Reality of league one life. The real test would be whether the funds were reinvested in the squad of the running of the club. Selling our gems and replacing them with frees, loans and misfits had a big part to play in us ending up in league one so I hope we don't repeat the same mistakes.

Before anyone says the running costs are a legit use for the money I agree but going up is worth something like an extra £7m per season and unlike the top end of the Championship where it was silly money we genuinely couldn't compete with it would be very disappointing if we used the same 'strategy' in league one.

If we are ever going to have a crack at promotion from the Championship (I know it sounds ridiculous right now) then we really need to build a team around our young stars and keep the squad together.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

£4 Million on 10:52 - Jul 18 with 2342 viewstractorboy1978

£4 Million on 10:40 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Although i'd be really disappointed I don't think I could be angry at Evans if we sold him for £4m.

Reality of league one life. The real test would be whether the funds were reinvested in the squad of the running of the club. Selling our gems and replacing them with frees, loans and misfits had a big part to play in us ending up in league one so I hope we don't repeat the same mistakes.

Before anyone says the running costs are a legit use for the money I agree but going up is worth something like an extra £7m per season and unlike the top end of the Championship where it was silly money we genuinely couldn't compete with it would be very disappointing if we used the same 'strategy' in league one.

If we are ever going to have a crack at promotion from the Championship (I know it sounds ridiculous right now) then we really need to build a team around our young stars and keep the squad together.

I'd describe £4m as a 'meh' fee for Downes. Not exceedingly low but not the "too good to turn down" line with hear from Lambert/O'Neill. Although Downes really came on last season we have to remember he's played 40 odd games in the Championship too. Luton got £6m rising to £8m for a full back who had never kicked a ball above L1 level last season.
£4 Million on 10:53 - Jul 18 with 2332 viewsjeera

If he doesn't reinvest now then he never will.

Unless he genuinely doesn't give a damn and/or his companies have taken such a hit during the covid crisis that the club are way down the list of priorities.

The club needs backing to the max possible now or we'll drift off to nothing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

£4 Million on 10:56 - Jul 18 with 2310 viewsfooters

£4 Million on 10:53 - Jul 18 by jeera

If he doesn't reinvest now then he never will.

Unless he genuinely doesn't give a damn and/or his companies have taken such a hit during the covid crisis that the club are way down the list of priorities.

The club needs backing to the max possible now or we'll drift off to nothing.

Unfortunately, I can see us selling Downes as a sacrificial lamb to cover this year's loss in revenues and not much more. As we all know, the fee payments are staggered over a number of seasons anyhow, and it's not likely we'd get even half of it up front. What that would leave for reinforcements, given the losses mentioned, seems to be diddly squat.

On the plus side, I suppose the market will be overrun with frees thanks to covid. How many of them could turn out good, I suppose we'll need to wait and see. Gutting to lose 'one of our own' again though.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

£4 Million on 11:00 - Jul 18 with 2285 viewsShawsey

For a L1 player, I would say about right. Sadly, we are not really in a position to refuse it. Cold light of day, I'm afraid. Good move for him though. Would like to keep him, but very unlikely.
Login to get fewer ads

£4 Million on 11:04 - Jul 18 with 2275 viewsCoco

It won’t even be 4m! 2.5 potentially rising to 3.75 after 400 appearances and a century of England caps.

James Justin, just promoted sure but zero Championship experience- 8m from little ol Luton.

Ademola Lookman - 11m

We’re always open to sell hence the low prices. Peterborough would get over 6m for him after a bit PR campaign telling the world what a huge talent he is and that he won’t be sold on the cheap.

Us:

‘Well everyone has a price and our position along with covid19 means we need the balance the books...”

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

£4 Million on 11:35 - Jul 18 with 2197 viewsAce_High1

£1.25m + add ons.
£4 Million on 13:29 - Jul 18 with 2034 viewsBlueBadger

£4 Million on 10:23 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

He's no Alan Judge, let's face it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

£4 Million on 13:40 - Jul 18 with 2015 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It’s alright though, think there is a young lad coming through called Cole Skuse who can do a similar job.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

£4 Million A very low fee to be holding out for..... on 13:55 - Jul 18 with 1965 viewsArnieM

What do people expect. This Ipswich Town were talking about here!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

£4 Million on 13:58 - Jul 18 with 1959 viewsHerbivore

£4 Million on 13:40 - Jul 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

It’s alright though, think there is a young lad coming through called Cole Skuse who can do a similar job.

Think you're confused, mate. Cole Skuse is in his 30s and has been a regular here for years, he's not a youngster coming through.

£4 Million on 14:09 - Jul 18 with 1931 viewsBlueBadger

£4 Million on 13:58 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

Think you're confused, mate. Cole Skuse is in his 30s and has been a regular here for years, he's not a youngster coming through.

Be fair, the lad still thinks that Lambert's up to the job, he's clearly had a head injury. Be kind.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

£4 Million on 14:18 - Jul 18 with 1909 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think you’ve missed a bit of sarcasm here.

£4 Million on 14:18 - Jul 18 with 1911 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

£4 Million on 14:09 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

Be fair, the lad still thinks that Lambert's up to the job, he's clearly had a head injury. Be kind.

Classic. How dare someone have a different opinion to you.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 14:19]

£4 Million on 16:49 - Jul 18 with 1723 viewsSwansea_Blue

The last 12 years or so should give you a clue what would happen with the fee. The only time ME has loosened the purse strings is for a new manager, and occasionally to retain a player. No way we’d get value to the team out of selling Flynn.

He deserves a chance though. He’ll rot with us under Lambert. If we were on the up, I’d want us to bust a gut to keep him for another year to try and go up. But we’ve been so off the pace I can’t see where a promotion push would come from.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£4 Million on 18:41 - Jul 18 with 1608 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

£4 Million on 18:43 - Jul 18 with 1603 viewsBryanPlug

£4 Million on 18:47 - Jul 18 with 1597 viewsHerbivore

£4 Million on 18:43 - Jul 18 by BryanPlug

He's got grey hair and has never had any pace. Have you ever seen us play?

£4 Million on 18:47 - Jul 18 with 1596 viewsHerbivore

£4 Million on 14:18 - Jul 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Think you’ve missed a bit of sarcasm here.

Have I?!

£4 Million on 18:47 - Jul 18 with 1593 viewsBlueBadger

£4 Million on 14:18 - Jul 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Classic. How dare someone have a different opinion to you.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 14:19]

In all fairness though, the opinion that 'Paul Lambert is a competent ITFC manager' is only arrived at by result of a head injury.

£4 Million on 21:29 - Jul 18 with 1509 viewslazyblue

We are average league 1 team so don’t expect anymore that that.
£4 Million on 13:26 - Jul 19 with 1268 viewsBryanPlug

£4 Million on 18:47 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

He's got grey hair and has never had any pace. Have you ever seen us play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024