Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Broad's on the charge 17:11 - Jul 19 with 775 viewsCoastalblue

Suddenly the Test looks interesting again, looking at the way he has these spells occasionally I wouldn't be surprised to see him clean up the tail quite quickly.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:16 - Jul 19 with 755 viewsHerbivore

Very few bowlers can go on the charge like Broad can. When he has these spells he's unplayable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:33 - Jul 19 with 725 viewsChrisd

Follow on getting tight, WI 8 down now.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:36 - Jul 19 with 722 viewsAce_High1

Still think this attack is too lightweight.

Anderson will be back next match for Woakes, but we need Archer in there, probably for Curran which is tough for him as whenever he plays in England he picks up a few wickets and gets a few runs.
Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:44 - Jul 19 with 706 viewsCoastalblue

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:36 - Jul 19 by Ace_High1

Still think this attack is too lightweight.

Anderson will be back next match for Woakes, but we need Archer in there, probably for Curran which is tough for him as whenever he plays in England he picks up a few wickets and gets a few runs.

Once Archer was out I'd have been tempted to play Wood again so we still had that pace option, they are clearly trying to manage the bowling attack as there's a lot of tests in a short space of time.

I do like Curran though, he offers something different with his left arm and like you say can bat as well.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:59 - Jul 19 with 687 viewsAce_High1

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:44 - Jul 19 by Coastalblue

Once Archer was out I'd have been tempted to play Wood again so we still had that pace option, they are clearly trying to manage the bowling attack as there's a lot of tests in a short space of time.

I do like Curran though, he offers something different with his left arm and like you say can bat as well.

He is a strange one as never makes my first 11's but as I say always seems to do something. He is always my 12th man when I am picking a starting 11. Think in future he could be a good number 6 once Pope goes up the order and Stokes bowls less and less?

That way you could get Curran, Anderson, Archer and Broad all in with a spinner.
Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:17 - Jul 19 with 668 viewsFtnfwest

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 17:59 - Jul 19 by Ace_High1

He is a strange one as never makes my first 11's but as I say always seems to do something. He is always my 12th man when I am picking a starting 11. Think in future he could be a good number 6 once Pope goes up the order and Stokes bowls less and less?

That way you could get Curran, Anderson, Archer and Broad all in with a spinner.

Jimmy’s a bit of a bonus bowler now though. We can never cast him aside because he’s too good and should play where possible or due to injuries but at the same time I’m not sure he’s going to be there in 18 months for the next ashes. The right balance in this country is probably 2 of broad, Anderson and woakes plus one of wood or archer.
Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:20 - Jul 19 with 656 viewsvapour_trail

Stokes and Buttler opening the batting.

Lock in.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:21 - Jul 19 with 653 viewsHerbivore

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:20 - Jul 19 by vapour_trail

Stokes and Buttler opening the batting.

Lock in.

This could be fun!

Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:26 - Jul 19 with 646 viewsCoastalblue

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:21 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

This could be fun!

Either be a lightening start, or we'll be 10-2.

Seeing as we're often 10-2, 50-4 we've probably not lost a lot!

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:29 - Jul 19 with 641 viewsHerbivore

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:26 - Jul 19 by Coastalblue

Either be a lightening start, or we'll be 10-2.

Seeing as we're often 10-2, 50-4 we've probably not lost a lot!

10-2 is looking far more likely.

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:46 - Jul 19 with 609 viewsvapour_trail

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 18:29 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

10-2 is looking far more likely.

No too far off. Need to be a little careful that we don’t bring a Windies win back into the equation.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 20:50 - Jul 19 with 549 viewsbluewein

Was thinking earlier about his numbers. Think he's now on 488 wickets? I know he's 35 at the end of the year, but I just wonder if there's half a chance he'll overtake Jimmy's haul. People talk about how well Andersons done with his fitness, but I can't remember Broard having too many lengthy lay offs in his career.

Just think he could get 3 or 4 more years in and with the way he seems to have these spells it's not completely out of his reach...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 21:32 - Jul 19 with 517 viewsCoastalblue

Stuart Broad's on the charge on 20:50 - Jul 19 by bluewein

Was thinking earlier about his numbers. Think he's now on 488 wickets? I know he's 35 at the end of the year, but I just wonder if there's half a chance he'll overtake Jimmy's haul. People talk about how well Andersons done with his fitness, but I can't remember Broard having too many lengthy lay offs in his career.

Just think he could get 3 or 4 more years in and with the way he seems to have these spells it's not completely out of his reach...

What was it? 51 consecutive home tests before the last one? I agree with you, I guess the only thing with bowlers is that one injury in their 30's could be the last injury quite easily.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024