Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is modern top level football a bit boring? 18:34 - Jul 19 with 646 viewsDubtractor

I don't watch much Premier league football outside of MOTD (ie highlights only), but on the rare occasions I do, such as the cup semi on now, I just find it a bit dull. It is all a bit too cagey and teams are too good at defending, so not much goal mouth action at all.

You can see that the technical ability on display is very good, but not nearly enough of it results in exciting football.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:51 - Jul 19 with 596 viewsAce_High1

Depends, I think right now it is as no crowd = no atmosphere, no edge to the games and the players are not going for it. Only the Chelsea V City game which I have seen since the restart had any tempo or excitement.

I stuggle a lot with the Championship, in fact I don't think I have watched a game (apart from when we used to be on once or twice a season) in about 12 years. Find the standard very poor and its all huff and puff.

And that is from someone who used to watch every game that was on back in my younger days!
Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 19:08 - Jul 19 with 570 viewsShawsey

A goal at last. With no fans in the stadiums, I expected the players to play with more freedom. Utd. will have to have more of a go second half.
Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 19:15 - Jul 19 with 557 viewsShawsey

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:51 - Jul 19 by Ace_High1

Depends, I think right now it is as no crowd = no atmosphere, no edge to the games and the players are not going for it. Only the Chelsea V City game which I have seen since the restart had any tempo or excitement.

I stuggle a lot with the Championship, in fact I don't think I have watched a game (apart from when we used to be on once or twice a season) in about 12 years. Find the standard very poor and its all huff and puff.

And that is from someone who used to watch every game that was on back in my younger days!

Mount 2-0.
Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 19:16 - Jul 19 with 555 viewsShawsey

One of the best goalkeepers in the world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024