Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus fitness regimes 14:10 - Jul 20 with 1760 viewsDubtractor

With the lack of any organised sports, and sports centres etc still closed down, how are the fine people of TWTD keeping themselves in shape?

I'm starting to push myself a bit more on the bike now, done just under 60km in the last 4 days on 3 rides. Its on a hybrid bike rather than a road bike, so takes a bit more effort to clock up the distance! I'm by no means a fitness freak, played a bit of 6 a side footy and walked to work, but badly needed to stop myself going full slob.

On this note, has anyone heard anything about when sports centres might open for football, badminton etc?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:15 - Jul 20 with 1501 viewsLibero

I'm put on some timber in the last 2 months, not sure how much as haven't been on the scales but I can certainly feel the difference.

I've been suffering with shortness of breath and fatigue still, actually went for blood tests today, but on the few occasions I have tried to exercise I have been absolutely donezo before I'd done even 10 minutes.
Whatever the weather I can't walk my 15 minute walk to work without getting all sweaty and out of breath, reminds me of being 19 stone again.

Because of this I've lost a lot of motivation and kind of just stopped bothing to try and do work outs at home, I've been buoyed by the news that amateur football can start again, it'll be great to get back training and playing five-a-side but I'm gonna be a HELL of a way off the pace and there is a little doubt in my mind about if I'll ever actually be able to compete in the manner I did pre-covid.

Huge interest from the lads in the eleven a side team I run since resumption plans started, I don't expect we will be struggling for numbers any time soon.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:15]
Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:16 - Jul 20 with 1487 viewsKieran_Knows

I have missed playing Squash like crazy. That's my main source of keeping fit so really looking forward to the sorts centre opening again next Monday (should hopefully have confirmation of that on Wednesday).

I was a right slob at the start of lockdown though. Ate and drank far too much. The last 5-6 weeks though I've cut back and have been out running a short route in the mornings, plus some home workouts, which I've now managed to lose half a stone. Once squash is back though, the weight should (as it has in the past when playing) drop off me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:17 - Jul 20 with 1485 viewshomer_123

Was doing quite well - regular daily fitness sessions at home - running once or twice a week and long walks.

But over the past 4 weeks, I've let that slide - coupled with some evening food intake....I can feel the difference.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:21 - Jul 20 with 1470 viewsitfcjoe

Went from zero running to do 5k as ambition for lockdown, and then have done f*ck all since - am probably back to total square 1. Stupid.

Gym opens again next week so need to get going there, need to stop snacking and think once I get into swing of things it will be ok - still feels all in limbo

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:32 - Jul 20 with 1445 viewsgainsboroughblue

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:21 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Went from zero running to do 5k as ambition for lockdown, and then have done f*ck all since - am probably back to total square 1. Stupid.

Gym opens again next week so need to get going there, need to stop snacking and think once I get into swing of things it will be ok - still feels all in limbo

Limbo is a good way to describe it. I'd already not been keeping fit as I had a grade three calf tear around September last year. I was just about to have my final physio session in March then COVID struck and all the gyms closed.

This led to basically doing not very much at all. Even working from home so wasn't even exercising by going down to the car. I think in my head I thought that it was going to be a temporary thing so kind of just thought I would wait things out, while in the meantime becoming lazier and eating more crap as I was alleviating boredom of being at home.

About four weeks ago, I had a routine check up at the GP surgery to be told my cholesterol had raised slightly so have since been on a med diet and walking a lot more. Trying to do between 5-10000 steps a day with the aid of a pedometer. I do need the gym back though so create that intensity.

I find once I am in a routine with things, I am ok but it doesn't take much to throw that off and end up neglecting health and diet, even if you know it's bad for you.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:33 - Jul 20 with 1438 viewsitfcjoe

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:32 - Jul 20 by gainsboroughblue

Limbo is a good way to describe it. I'd already not been keeping fit as I had a grade three calf tear around September last year. I was just about to have my final physio session in March then COVID struck and all the gyms closed.

This led to basically doing not very much at all. Even working from home so wasn't even exercising by going down to the car. I think in my head I thought that it was going to be a temporary thing so kind of just thought I would wait things out, while in the meantime becoming lazier and eating more crap as I was alleviating boredom of being at home.

About four weeks ago, I had a routine check up at the GP surgery to be told my cholesterol had raised slightly so have since been on a med diet and walking a lot more. Trying to do between 5-10000 steps a day with the aid of a pedometer. I do need the gym back though so create that intensity.

I find once I am in a routine with things, I am ok but it doesn't take much to throw that off and end up neglecting health and diet, even if you know it's bad for you.

I'm working from home today, have done 1,391 steps so far - so sedentary doing this.

Need to go for a walk when I finish, but will have the kids and wife with me so won't be particularly intense

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:37 - Jul 20 with 1435 viewsLankHenners

Similarly been getting the bike out recently - have a hybrid as well so not as efficient on the road and took a little bit of getting my knees and @rse back to it again. Thought about signing up for the local gym when it opens but will probably be packed out for capacity and full of helmets who take themselves too seriously.

I guess sports centres etc. will make their own decision individually, though may well go off the advice of each sport's governing body's advice. The local place I do/did 5-a-side is at a school and they've said they're not opening up their sports bit until next year, which is understandable I guess as they want to get the actual school part working well before they let the hoi polloi in. FA advice says no inside football for now (but 'working towards a solution') and has a list of dos and don'ts for outside.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:42 - Jul 20 with 1418 viewsDubtractor

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:33 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

I'm working from home today, have done 1,391 steps so far - so sedentary doing this.

Need to go for a walk when I finish, but will have the kids and wife with me so won't be particularly intense

Yeah, the sedentary thing with working at home is a problem.

Even silly things like going to the loo, at the office is a decent stretch, but at home is barely 4 steps. it all adds up.

I've ended up having to see a chiropractor again as my back flared up massively.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:50 - Jul 20 with 1408 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve managed to run quite a lot during lockdown. In April and May I was getting at least 25 mikes a week down although that’s tailed off in the latter part of June and this month.

I also put a home gym in which I’ve forced myself to use.

My 17 year old twin daughters are what could be described as “heavy”. One of them used lock down to transform herself and lost nearly 5 stone by using the gym every day.went from a size 16 to a size 8/10.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:56 - Jul 20 with 1387 viewsitfcjoe

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:50 - Jul 20 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve managed to run quite a lot during lockdown. In April and May I was getting at least 25 mikes a week down although that’s tailed off in the latter part of June and this month.

I also put a home gym in which I’ve forced myself to use.

My 17 year old twin daughters are what could be described as “heavy”. One of them used lock down to transform herself and lost nearly 5 stone by using the gym every day.went from a size 16 to a size 8/10.

Very impressive - what sort of exercises is she doing to have lost that much?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:00 - Jul 20 with 1382 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:56 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Very impressive - what sort of exercises is she doing to have lost that much?

Treadmill, cross trainer and indoor bike plus some exercise on a mat. Added to that she is now eating very healthy and completely cut out the junk food.

Lockdown certainly helped with the latter and by the time the fast food joints re opened she was seeing the benefits.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:02 - Jul 20 with 1378 viewsLibero

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:00 - Jul 20 by GlasgowBlue

Treadmill, cross trainer and indoor bike plus some exercise on a mat. Added to that she is now eating very healthy and completely cut out the junk food.

Lockdown certainly helped with the latter and by the time the fast food joints re opened she was seeing the benefits.

Top stuff, g'warn gurl.
Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:02 - Jul 20 with 1379 viewsRyorry

Had always walked the dog daily for 45-60 mins av (I know this will be shock news for some on here ...) but a few weeks into lock-down and with no walking football (which is extremely pacey, far from any amble) I decided I wanted to do more so started incorporating a bit of running into the walk - currently up to 200m from 0, which probably sounds pathetic, but over 70 & hadn't run for decades, so tortoise not hare progress!

One completely unexpected bonus is that the regular leg cramps I've had over past 15 or so years, seem to have considerably diminished - wonder if that's coincidence or whether the running has maybe loosened muscles up a bit? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:03 - Jul 20 with 1375 viewsMullet

Monday/Wednesday/Friday = Simple and Sinister the laughably named protocol by Russian kettlebell lunatic Pavel Tsatsouline.

10 single hand swings on each side at the start of each minute (rest until the minute is up)
5 Turkish get ups with a kettlebell each side

I usually add one exercise to finish off each day e.g. military press or something

Saturdays I do snatches in different combinations or mix in clubbells and other stuff for grip strength.

I also did the 10k swings work out that became popular at the start of lockdown. I'm stronger than ever, but way out if shape compared to my usual body fat % etc Without sparring for months I'm worried I'm stuck with perpetual Dadbod now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:04 - Jul 20 with 1368 viewsLibero

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:02 - Jul 20 by Ryorry

Had always walked the dog daily for 45-60 mins av (I know this will be shock news for some on here ...) but a few weeks into lock-down and with no walking football (which is extremely pacey, far from any amble) I decided I wanted to do more so started incorporating a bit of running into the walk - currently up to 200m from 0, which probably sounds pathetic, but over 70 & hadn't run for decades, so tortoise not hare progress!

One completely unexpected bonus is that the regular leg cramps I've had over past 15 or so years, seem to have considerably diminished - wonder if that's coincidence or whether the running has maybe loosened muscles up a bit? 🤔

Actual LOL at the Dog walking remark :')
Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:09 - Jul 20 with 1343 viewsRyorry

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 14:42 - Jul 20 by Dubtractor

Yeah, the sedentary thing with working at home is a problem.

Even silly things like going to the loo, at the office is a decent stretch, but at home is barely 4 steps. it all adds up.

I've ended up having to see a chiropractor again as my back flared up massively.

Sitting is absolutely the worst thing for most people with back trouble, could you organise things so that you're walking/standing more of the time?

If not, maybe get yourself a proper back stool - if you work for a company maybe they'd contribute to the cost?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 18:41 - Jul 20 with 1272 viewsgainsboroughblue

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 15:03 - Jul 20 by Mullet

Monday/Wednesday/Friday = Simple and Sinister the laughably named protocol by Russian kettlebell lunatic Pavel Tsatsouline.

10 single hand swings on each side at the start of each minute (rest until the minute is up)
5 Turkish get ups with a kettlebell each side

I usually add one exercise to finish off each day e.g. military press or something

Saturdays I do snatches in different combinations or mix in clubbells and other stuff for grip strength.

I also did the 10k swings work out that became popular at the start of lockdown. I'm stronger than ever, but way out if shape compared to my usual body fat % etc Without sparring for months I'm worried I'm stuck with perpetual Dadbod now.

What are the benefits of a kettleball over a set of dumbells?

There are some reasonably priced on Argos website at the moment and may well invest.

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 18:51 - Jul 20 with 1249 viewsMullet

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 18:41 - Jul 20 by gainsboroughblue

What are the benefits of a kettleball over a set of dumbells?

There are some reasonably priced on Argos website at the moment and may well invest.

They give you wicked callouses on your hands which make you look like a serial Huckerby.

KB's tend to be much harder and thus you need much lighter ones at first. This is because the weight is off centre and you can't cheat like you can with DB's.

Swings are the basis of KB workouts and are full body, they make you sweat, build up your hand eye coordination and endurance as well as test your nervous system. There are a million articles and YT channels out there now, but I've found in nearly 15 years of using them nothing gets me fitter quicker.

You can workout in the same way as with DB's if you choose too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:15 - Jul 20 with 1194 viewsgainsboroughblue

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 18:51 - Jul 20 by Mullet

They give you wicked callouses on your hands which make you look like a serial Huckerby.

KB's tend to be much harder and thus you need much lighter ones at first. This is because the weight is off centre and you can't cheat like you can with DB's.

Swings are the basis of KB workouts and are full body, they make you sweat, build up your hand eye coordination and endurance as well as test your nervous system. There are a million articles and YT channels out there now, but I've found in nearly 15 years of using them nothing gets me fitter quicker.

Cheers Mullers.

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:30 - Jul 20 with 1172 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:15 - Jul 20 by gainsboroughblue

Cheers Mullers.

Just don’t let go when you’re swinging one...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:31 - Jul 20 with 1166 viewsNewcyBlue

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 18:51 - Jul 20 by Mullet

21-15-9 of KB or barbell thrusters, push ups, and pull ups.

For time.

That’s my go to when I want to do some work in a short space of time.

The ship is rolling a fair bit at the moment, our treadmill is crap, so we have ordered a new one. Same with the exercise bike.

Luckily we have a load of free weights and a bench press thing that you stick weight plates on. Which is pretty good for when we are rolling, but really it’s in the wrong direction on board.

I’m glad to be back on board and hitting the gym hard. Lockdown zapped me of a lot of motivation! Plus the stress of the IVF.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:35 - Jul 20 with 1161 viewsfabian_illness

First month of lockdown was a bit slobbish, too much food and not enough exercise.
End of April I started using the turbo trainer with Zwift 6 days a week.
That’s helped strengthen my legs after a few months of calf trouble.
I’m now back running 3 times a week and 3 sessions on Zwift and have lost nearly 2 stone.
Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:39 - Jul 20 with 1155 viewshampstead_blue

I've lost 1 1/2 stone simply by not drinking since the end of May. Partly due to a naughty injury but it feels great.

Down to 14 stone 9 lb. Feeling great.

Can't run due to above injury, so am limited to kettlebells in the garden. Have joined a phys group who set bonkers and rather painful challenges.

Might get a turbo trainer as I can't ride my new bike for a good while due to injury. Fancy a pain cave.

Good thread btw. Be interesting to see what people are up to.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:40 - Jul 20 with 1154 viewsNewcyBlue

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 20:35 - Jul 20 by fabian_illness

First month of lockdown was a bit slobbish, too much food and not enough exercise.
End of April I started using the turbo trainer with Zwift 6 days a week.
That’s helped strengthen my legs after a few months of calf trouble.
I’m now back running 3 times a week and 3 sessions on Zwift and have lost nearly 2 stone.

Time to change your name? Fabian_Wellness?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Corona Virus fitness regimes on 22:05 - Jul 20 with 1092 viewsMelford

I spoke to one our 5-a-side lot at the weekend. Still no news yet. I can't wait to get between the sticks again. Splashed out on a £60 pair of sh!t hot goalie gloves that were delivered 2 days after the last time I played in March.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024