Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who gets the money for shirt deals? 14:41 - Jul 20 with 584 viewsMullet

Worth unwrapping this and having a read.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:45 - Jul 20 with 556 viewsLibero

I listened to a podcast a few years ago that unpacked this, most interesting was how they debunked the myth behind buying a player will bring in X amount more in revenue for a club.

In almost every circumstance, outside of raising the clubs profile internationally potentially, it makes zero difference to the clubs finances, thanks to how these deals are constructed with manufacturers.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:48]
Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:50 - Jul 20 with 529 viewsMullet

Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:45 - Jul 20 by Libero

I listened to a podcast a few years ago that unpacked this, most interesting was how they debunked the myth behind buying a player will bring in X amount more in revenue for a club.

In almost every circumstance, outside of raising the clubs profile internationally potentially, it makes zero difference to the clubs finances, thanks to how these deals are constructed with manufacturers.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:48]

I'm assuming it only made sense when certain territories were opening up to the Prem and Serie A and you had an influx of Japanese/Chinese players then African nations based on the World Cups etc.

And that works on the premise of shifting more than just shirts as United did.

Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:53 - Jul 20 with 513 viewsLibero

Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:50 - Jul 20 by Mullet

I'm assuming it only made sense when certain territories were opening up to the Prem and Serie A and you had an influx of Japanese/Chinese players then African nations based on the World Cups etc.

And that works on the premise of shifting more than just shirts as United did.

Precisely, they actually used United as an example, citing the fact that Manchester United have (had?) an "official noodle sponsor" as one of these subsidiary sponsorship that opened up due to the diversification of where they were selling.

All very interesting stuff, I'll see if I can find the podcast on YouTube and post it in here for any one that's interested.

They also did a decent one more recently about Everton's partnership with "Angry Birds"
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:54]
Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:58 - Jul 20 with 479 viewsMullet

Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:53 - Jul 20 by Libero

Precisely, they actually used United as an example, citing the fact that Manchester United have (had?) an "official noodle sponsor" as one of these subsidiary sponsorship that opened up due to the diversification of where they were selling.

All very interesting stuff, I'll see if I can find the podcast on YouTube and post it in here for any one that's interested.

They also did a decent one more recently about Everton's partnership with "Angry Birds"
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:54]

United have all sorts of bizarre "official sponsors of" and sometimes you see them on a billboard up here and just shake your head.

They did have themed bars, branded trainers etc. too in Asia at one point.

Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:58 - Jul 20 with 474 viewsLibero

Who gets the money for shirt deals? on 14:58 - Jul 20 by Mullet

United have all sorts of bizarre "official sponsors of" and sometimes you see them on a billboard up here and just shake your head.

They did have themed bars, branded trainers etc. too in Asia at one point.

Indeed they do...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024