Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans 18:46 - Jul 20 with 16103 viewsLibero

https://icct.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/ICCT-Koehler-A-Threat-from-Within-Exp

Interesting piece written in September 2019.

Page 9, The United Kingdom, in case anyone wants to fast forward to “us”
It’s suggested the threat of this in the UK is significantly less than the USA, which I’m not sure is as reassuring as you’d like it to be.

I remember being shown this in my last lot of PREVENT training, It’s part of what the armed forces use to identify extremism from within...

Disturbingly I’ve seen a few individuals on TWTD display these behaviours/say these phrases from this chart in the past.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 18:51]
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 19:55 - Jul 20 with 2521 viewshampstead_blue

Disturbingly I’ve seen a few individuals on TWTD display these behaviours/say these phrases from this chart in the past.

Who, when, were, what?

What I can see is you are implying some serious allegations against veterans on this site.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 20:03 - Jul 20 with 2509 viewsMullet

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 19:55 - Jul 20 by hampstead_blue

Who, when, were, what?

What I can see is you are implying some serious allegations against veterans on this site.

Not really, there is a long established evidence of right wing extremism in lots of military personnel across countries and times periods.

There has been plenty of evidence that some vets are deeply invested in hate preachers like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon for example.

There is also the fact that right wing extremists manipulate and target the Americanised fetishism around vets https://www.britainfirst.org/lets_help_homeless_veteran_tom_foley_get_back_on_hi

There are also plenty of vets who think these people are the scum and hate that they get lumped in with their propaganda e.g. the Lee Rigby argument that has cropped up again during BLM, Shamima Begum's return etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 20:30 - Jul 20 with 2463 viewshampstead_blue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 20:03 - Jul 20 by Mullet

Not really, there is a long established evidence of right wing extremism in lots of military personnel across countries and times periods.

There has been plenty of evidence that some vets are deeply invested in hate preachers like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon for example.

There is also the fact that right wing extremists manipulate and target the Americanised fetishism around vets https://www.britainfirst.org/lets_help_homeless_veteran_tom_foley_get_back_on_hi

There are also plenty of vets who think these people are the scum and hate that they get lumped in with their propaganda e.g. the Lee Rigby argument that has cropped up again during BLM, Shamima Begum's return etc.

I've seen recent behaviour of racism by veterans in a FB group. I reported it and left the group immediately.

Have to say I never saw RWX in my time and have just asked my eldest, currently serving, if he'd come across any...he said no. He's currently attached to an infantry unit. Relevant as the paper offers the Royal Anglian chap.

I'll ask a couple of guy's I served with who are still serving if they've come across it. Both are senior now so would have known if anyone has been pinched for it in the Corps and other Reg's.

Happy to share that as a very small sample.

My question to the OP was the rather nasty and vile implication of veterans who post on TWTD. I'd like to see what he's based that on. Not nice to be tarred with that brush.

One thing the military is full of is young, white, working class men. A fertile ground for those recruiting for their own perverted views.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 21:12 - Jul 20 with 2412 viewsjaykay

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 20:30 - Jul 20 by hampstead_blue

I've seen recent behaviour of racism by veterans in a FB group. I reported it and left the group immediately.

Have to say I never saw RWX in my time and have just asked my eldest, currently serving, if he'd come across any...he said no. He's currently attached to an infantry unit. Relevant as the paper offers the Royal Anglian chap.

I'll ask a couple of guy's I served with who are still serving if they've come across it. Both are senior now so would have known if anyone has been pinched for it in the Corps and other Reg's.

My question to the OP was the rather nasty and vile implication of veterans who post on TWTD. I'd like to see what he's based that on. Not nice to be tarred with that brush.

One thing the military is full of is young, white, working class men. A fertile ground for those recruiting for their own perverted views.

where does the poster say veterans. i can see where the poster says individuals but not veterans. somehow you seem to thinks its all about you.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 23:14 - Jul 20 with 2331 viewsLibero

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 20:30 - Jul 20 by hampstead_blue

Jesus wept, read the post again.

I’m talking generally in the last line about TWTD posters over the years, not specifically about members of TWTD who also happen to be veterans, for example when Benters used to refer to London as “Londonstan” which is listed on the example poster.
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 23:17 - Jul 20 with 2327 viewsLibero

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 21:12 - Jul 20 by jaykay

where does the poster say veterans. i can see where the poster says individuals but not veterans. somehow you seem to thinks its all about you.

It’s a poster used by the military, but other sectors have similar tools, I think he’s just feeling like it’s a bit of a personal attack as he’s a former veteran that sometimes posts so,e dodgy still, probably also doesn’t help that I got under his skin a while ago because I called him out on using the term “window licker” - he wouldn’t accept it’s unacceptable to use derogatory terms for the disabled to insult people and claimed a non existent context that he felt made using it acceptable.

I’ve given him countless opportunities to have a little think and maybe reconsider if his choice of language was the brightest, but he’s absolutely empty of humility and continues claiming that the term isn’t insulting towards the disabled.
Some people just cannot own their own sh1t.

I actually invited him to visit the charity I work for that supports individuals with autism, Down syndrome and various other learning and developmental disabilities.
I’d hoped that it might help to open his mind, knowing that he himself previously was working for a charity supporting veterans.
He claims he’s also spent a large portion of his career working with disabled people, which I find rather concerning considering the attitude exposed by his comment and his tendency to post things that are a bit disturbing and disproportionate sometimes.

I posted this thread off the back of another thread posted a few days ago where people were discussing extremism and feeling uncomfortable reporting individuals for showing signs of radicalisation, appreciate the sensible responses from posters thrus far.

[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 23:35]
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 23:58 - Jul 20 with 2279 viewsLibero

Just going over some more documents,

I think this still stands up today, although I notice they’re very careful not to directly draw any lines between the armed forces and potential extremism, probably due to the fact it was drawn up in response to Lee Rigby’s murder.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 00:06 - Jul 21 with 2249 viewsSpruceMoose

To be fair, just lately you have posted an awful lot about physically hurting those on the left.

That's no' normal mate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 00:16 - Jul 21 with 2246 viewsNewcyBlue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 00:06 - Jul 21 by SpruceMoose

To be fair, just lately you have posted an awful lot about physically hurting those on the left.

That's no' normal mate.

I can often be found advocating ‘punch a Nazi’. Just for balance.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 00:19 - Jul 21 with 2229 viewsSpruceMoose

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 00:16 - Jul 21 by NewcyBlue

I can often be found advocating ‘punch a Nazi’. Just for balance.

You disgust me.

Why aren't you punching two Nazis? You've got two arms haven't you?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 09:16 - Jul 21 with 2078 viewsLibero

Here's another really good resource, it offers a complete overview of the situation and offers insight from various different sources/departments/agencies

https://www.fph.org.uk/media/2475/preventing-violent-extremism-in-the-uk_public-

I've been going down a bit of a wormhole the last week or so, reading articles/watching documentaries/etc.
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 09:23 - Jul 21 with 2067 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's like brexiteer bingo chart.

Patriots - tick
Londistan - tick
Traitors - tick
Against racial equality movements - tick
Overt RW iconography tatts - tick
Refer to political correctness as 'left wing' or 'communist' - tick
Make generalisations about muslims or Jews - tick
Claim immigration is the route of injustices - tick
Use blatantly untrue references to immigrants, etc - tick
Anger at perceived threats - National Identity politics - tick

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 09:25 - Jul 21 with 2060 viewsSwansea_Blue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 00:19 - Jul 21 by SpruceMoose

You disgust me.

Why aren't you punching two Nazis? You've got two arms haven't you?!

Holding on to his spinach with the other one, inhe.

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:03 - Jul 21 with 1993 viewsLibero

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 09:23 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

It's like brexiteer bingo chart.

Patriots - tick
Londistan - tick
Traitors - tick
Against racial equality movements - tick
Overt RW iconography tatts - tick
Refer to political correctness as 'left wing' or 'communist' - tick
Make generalisations about muslims or Jews - tick
Claim immigration is the route of injustices - tick
Use blatantly untrue references to immigrants, etc - tick
Anger at perceived threats - National Identity politics - tick

So basically, this is why I'm going down the worm hole currently.
I'm interested in the wave of "new" fascism that has essentially been rolling into the mainstream culture of the west from about 2014 onward.
From conception right through to where we are now, the big players, the powers and institutions that cultivate these extremists in plain sight.

2016 was a breakthrough moment both here and across the Atlantic for people who hold these values and the rate in which it's not only spreading but becoming normalised is a bit shocking.

I'm interested in how so many seemingly "normal" blokes in the west can become indoctrinated, the military looks like fertile stomping ground from my reading, but I find the reluctance to accept/outright state this in all reports interesting.
It kinda makes me think about what's happening with the police currently and how they're under spotlight in the UK and US for their practices and some of the people they employ.
Are the former soldiers who committed any of the well known and published atrocities against civilians in Iraq any different to those in the police doing so on their own streets?

Lots of questions floating around in my mind, things I believe are connected but that I need to do more reading/research on to be confident in drawing causational lines and links.

Equal parts fascinating and terrifying in my opinion.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 10:06]
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:44 - Jul 21 with 1938 viewshampstead_blue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 21:12 - Jul 20 by jaykay

He is posting research papers and a British Army poster talking of RWX behaviour and in the same breath talks of posters on TWTD showing such behaviour.

He ought to be clear when throwing around such allegations.

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:49 - Jul 21 with 1924 viewsjaykay

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:44 - Jul 21 by hampstead_blue

He is posting research papers and a British Army poster talking of RWX behaviour and in the same breath talks of posters on TWTD showing such behaviour.

just say you read the post wrong. its easy thing to do.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:52 - Jul 21 with 1912 viewsGlasgowBlue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:44 - Jul 21 by hampstead_blue

And it says “veterans” in the thread title.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:17 - Jul 21 with 1879 viewsLibero

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:52 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

Morning Glassers, I'm not sure what the point you're making is?

For clarities sake, I'm talking about both those who have served and are serving in the armed forces, I thought my latter post cleared it up, apologies.

Post title was as much as a reference to previous discussions in threads as anything, I mentioned the other day about a bloke I had to report who was making comments about an "event" and stating that he had X, Y, Z survival skills.

Interested to hear your take on the various sources I've offered and the rising right wing extremism in the west.
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:27 - Jul 21 with 1861 viewsLibero

"Disturbingly I’ve seen a few individuals on TWTD display these behaviours/say these phrases from this chart in the past."

- it was clearly in reference to the graphic that I shared.
- How much clearer do you need it to be?

I can give more examples if you'd like, but I think most people know what I'm talking about.
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:30 - Jul 21 with 1849 viewsGlasgowBlue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:17 - Jul 21 by Libero

Morning Glassers, I'm not sure what the point you're making is?

For clarities sake, I'm talking about both those who have served and are serving in the armed forces, I thought my latter post cleared it up, apologies.

Post title was as much as a reference to previous discussions in threads as anything, I mentioned the other day about a bloke I had to report who was making comments about an "event" and stating that he had X, Y, Z survival skills.

Interested to hear your take on the various sources I've offered and the rising right wing extremism in the west.

Somebody had accused Hampstead of making it about him and that the poster never mentioned veterans.

Veterans was in the Title of the thread. That’s the only point I’m making.

I’m working at the moment so am only dipping in and out so don’t have time to post much in the subject other than to say that from people I know who are ex forces they are very easily lead down the rabbit hole of right wing extremism.

Iron Lion Zion

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:38 - Jul 21 with 1831 viewsSeablu

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:52 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

As one who religiously trawls through posting histories, I’m surprised you’re cosying up to this particular individual. Appalling back catalogue of ignorance & troubling ideals.
Then again....
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:39 - Jul 21 with 1826 viewsLibero

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:30 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

Somebody had accused Hampstead of making it about him and that the poster never mentioned veterans.

Veterans was in the Title of the thread. That’s the only point I’m making.

I’m working at the moment so am only dipping in and out so don’t have time to post much in the subject other than to say that from people I know who are ex forces they are very easily lead down the rabbit hole of right wing extremism.

No worries, have a good day.
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:42 - Jul 21 with 1819 viewsLibero

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:38 - Jul 21 by Seablu

As one who religiously trawls through posting histories, I’m surprised you’re cosying up to this particular individual. Appalling back catalogue of ignorance & troubling ideals.
Then again....

I think you're jumping the gun a bit mate, I trust Glassers is being sincere, that's why I asked him for clarity.
Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:50 - Jul 21 with 1784 viewsGlasgowBlue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 11:42 - Jul 21 by Libero

I think you're jumping the gun a bit mate, I trust Glassers is being sincere, that's why I asked him for clarity.

I have this poster on ignore. He exists for no other reason that following me around. His obsession extends to having avatars designed purely to bait me. Two of which Phil asked him to remove as they contained racist messages.

Normally, after a period of being in ignore, he stops posting.

Iron Lion Zion

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 12:26 - Jul 21 with 1715 viewsSwansea_Blue

Right wing radicalisation of former veterans on 10:03 - Jul 21 by Libero

So basically, this is why I'm going down the worm hole currently.
I'm interested in the wave of "new" fascism that has essentially been rolling into the mainstream culture of the west from about 2014 onward.
From conception right through to where we are now, the big players, the powers and institutions that cultivate these extremists in plain sight.

2016 was a breakthrough moment both here and across the Atlantic for people who hold these values and the rate in which it's not only spreading but becoming normalised is a bit shocking.

I'm interested in how so many seemingly "normal" blokes in the west can become indoctrinated, the military looks like fertile stomping ground from my reading, but I find the reluctance to accept/outright state this in all reports interesting.
It kinda makes me think about what's happening with the police currently and how they're under spotlight in the UK and US for their practices and some of the people they employ.
Are the former soldiers who committed any of the well known and published atrocities against civilians in Iraq any different to those in the police doing so on their own streets?

Lots of questions floating around in my mind, things I believe are connected but that I need to do more reading/research on to be confident in drawing causational lines and links.

Equal parts fascinating and terrifying in my opinion.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 10:06]

It's certainly an eye opener when many of the trigger words used in a past document to spot extreme right wing influence have been used widely by MPs and a compliant press.

'Traitors', 'patriots', the attacks on immigration as the source of all people's problems: all in the mainstream since the mid-00s, as you say. And finding fertile ground in all walks of life, although those who've least often are easier victims.

It should be a bit of a wakeup call as to how much this kind of extremist behaviour has been normalised.

Very terrifying, considering the breakdown of democracy norms accompanying it (e.g. attacks on the judiciary, sovereignty, press, etc., in many countries that are going down this populist right wing route).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024