Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piece on John Lewis and the US Civil Rights Movement 15:17 - Jul 21 with 530 viewsSteve_M

I'm slightly ashamed to say that I only became aware of him in the last year or two. Perhaps overshadowed by MLK but no less important.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/how-john-lewis-founded-third-a

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Piece on John Lewis and the US Civil Rights Movement on 16:36 - Jul 21 with 481 viewsbluelagos

Look forward to reading that. I love the fact that the bullies who arrested him will have had to live with him going on to become a senator.

Sometimes those who abuse their power against ordinary people, to push their own biased agenda get shown to the world to be the dishonest thugs they are.

The civil rights movement was clearly one occasion when many of those in power behaved like utter scum such was their determination to retain the status quo, in the name of law and order.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Piece on John Lewis and the US Civil Rights Movement on 17:32 - Jul 21 with 459 viewsbluelagos

Piece on John Lewis and the US Civil Rights Movement on 16:36 - Jul 21 by bluelagos

Look forward to reading that. I love the fact that the bullies who arrested him will have had to live with him going on to become a senator.

Sometimes those who abuse their power against ordinary people, to push their own biased agenda get shown to the world to be the dishonest thugs they are.

The civil rights movement was clearly one occasion when many of those in power behaved like utter scum such was their determination to retain the status quo, in the name of law and order.

"More than one-third of Alabama’s population when Lewis was born was denied the right to vote."

Interestingly - more than half of the UK's population was denied the vote when my Grandmother was born.

These really are recent times...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024