Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A treat today. Am buzzing from the sound and thrill still. 21:35 - Jul 21 with 1304 viewshampstead_blue

I had a drive in a very cool car. When I say 'had a drive' I was driven.
A 1970's Porsche 911 2.7 RS.

Very analogue, very loud, and utterly enthralling.

It's not the one in the picture, but looks identical!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1236985

I do know it's a bit of showing off but if you ever get a chance to have a go in an old 911 take it.......For those who know and like old cars, this is a bucket list moment.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A treat today. Am buzzing from the sound and thrill still. on 17:33 - Jul 22 with 1085 viewssolomon

Good on you, how did you find the balance ? Like you say it’s very analogue, much over steer or were you playing it safe ? They can be a bit alarming when pushed
A treat today. Am buzzing from the sound and thrill still. on 20:25 - Jul 22 with 1017 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not really a car person but I do like the 911s, old through to new. That’s the old air cooled, flat 6 naturally aspirated engine isn’t it? Very distinctive sounding.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A treat today. Am buzzing from the sound and thrill still. on 09:53 - Jul 23 with 905 viewshampstead_blue

A treat today. Am buzzing from the sound and thrill still. on 17:33 - Jul 22 by solomon

Good on you, how did you find the balance ? Like you say it’s very analogue, much over steer or were you playing it safe ? They can be a bit alarming when pushed

The driver was explaining the balance and how to make use of the engine's position.

A bit of lift off oversteer around a roundabout but it wasn't unsafe. He is a qualified racing driver and instructor. He had the car under control. He's owned it for over 20 years now. Knows it well.

From my recall, the lines you take are so different to many other rear wheel drive cars due to the position of the engine. It's no surprise people find themselves pointing the wrong way!

The whole machine shook but when the revs got to a certain point it was howling. Utterly incredible. Windows down. Warm summer evening. What a joy.

Less than 1 ton. Not massive power, they didn't have the technology back then, but the way he explained the balance was incredible.

I've been tempted to get one, a 997 version and Mrs H loves the idea.
His car is worth £500k plus so out of my reach.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A treat today. Am buzzing from the sound and thrill still. on 18:08 - Jul 23 with 831 viewsblueconscience

Nice, I do like the older shape 911s

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

A treat today. Am buzzing from the sound and thrill still. on 20:58 - Jul 23 with 792 viewsmrshallisfit

I like all those fast cars on Top Gear. They go fast. And do you know Richard the Hamster Hammond is not really a hamster.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024