Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered 10:53 - Jul 22 with 15286 viewsJakeITFC

Jean Charles de Mendez on a tube train near Stockwell.

Cressida Dick, in charge of the operation that day, remains commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.

A shocking incident followed by a cover-up and misinformation campaign.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:10 - Jul 22 with 3488 viewsbournemouthblue

It was an unfortunate incident at a time when the police were on high alert

Hadn't he been staying in a set of flats which was of interest to the police for terror suspects?

He then didn't stop at the Tube Station when told to by Police, vaulted the gates and ran towards a train?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:14 - Jul 22 with 3471 viewsgiant_stow

15 bludy years? wow - think I remember discussing on here at the time to my shame.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:15 - Jul 22 with 3472 viewsJakeITFC

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:10 - Jul 22 by bournemouthblue

Hadn't he been staying in a set of flats which was of interest to the police for terror suspects?

He then didn't stop at the Tube Station when told to by Police, vaulted the gates and ran towards a train?

He did live in a block of flats, yes.

None of the other stuff is correct.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:17 - Jul 22 with 3475 viewshampstead_blue

Murder?
Not at all. It was a mistake and not murder.

It boils my pee when people throw these types of utterly ridiculous allegations around. If you've never walked in their shoes then throttle back and temper your allegations.

This is a proper Doh post!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:18 - Jul 22 with 3457 viewsfooters

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:17 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

Murder?

It boils my pee when people throw these types of utterly ridiculous allegations around. If you've never walked in their shoes then throttle back and temper your allegations.

Yeah, I confuse Brazilian electricians for jihadists all the time. Easy mistake to make.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:20 - Jul 22 with 3453 viewsJakeITFC

Murder?

11 shots aimed to the head of an unarmed, mis-identified man who was restrained on a tube train.

Pretty murderous mistake imo.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:26 - Jul 22 with 3414 viewsfactual_blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:15 - Jul 22 by JakeITFC

He did live in a block of flats, yes.

None of the other stuff is correct.

And, according to a ex-work colleague who was a hobby shooter and shot with Met police and army marksmen, they missed the poor bloke as many times as they hit him, Even at point blank range.

That's adrenaline for you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:27 - Jul 22 with 3404 viewsDubtractor

That is the misinformation campaign neatly summarised in one post.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:29 - Jul 22 with 3379 viewsSwansea_Blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:20 - Jul 22 by JakeITFC

11 shots aimed to the head of an unarmed, mis-identified man who was restrained on a tube train.

Pretty murderous mistake imo.

And another cover up afterwards, wasn't it? I remember the Met coming in for lots of flack as they failed to cooperate and there were claims that those at the top had lied about what happened.

Did the family ever got the closure they deserve?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:29 - Jul 22 with 3377 viewsMullet

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:27 - Jul 22 by Dubtractor

That is the misinformation campaign neatly summarised in one post.

I remember saying that had he not ran he'd have not been fired on because that was the default narrative at the time. I got completely savaged by one guy and didn't understand why until later.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:30 - Jul 22 with 3361 viewsSwansea_Blue

That was the official Met Police story on the day, but I believe eyewitness accounts later said that he wasn't running from them (other than to catch a train). It wasa complete feck up and heavy handed, botched operation. Murder? Possibly although I don't think we've ever got far enough for that to be tested in a court of law.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:31 - Jul 22 with 3363 viewsjeera

Murder?

"It boils my pee when people throw these types of utterly ridiculous allegations around. If you've never walked in their shoes then throttle back and temper your allegations."

Not a single word of sympathy for an innocent man or his devastated family.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:33 - Jul 22 with 3337 viewsfooters

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:31 - Jul 22 by jeera

"It boils my pee when people throw these types of utterly ridiculous allegations around. If you've never walked in their shoes then throttle back and temper your allegations."

And not forgetting a whole Tube carriage of people who had to witness the killing. That's going to be difficult to get over.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:33 - Jul 22 with 3331 viewshampstead_blue

I was replying to the utterly outrageous OP title!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:45 - Jul 22 with 3299 viewsJakeITFC

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:33 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

How would you describe 11 shots aimed to the head of an unarmed, mis-identified man who was restrained on a tube train if it isn't murder?
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:50 - Jul 22 with 3263 viewsfactual_blue

Today is also a sad day for the people of Norway.

And the anniversary of the Battle of Falkirk in 1298.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:03 - Jul 22 with 3193 viewsRegencyBlue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:45 - Jul 22 by JakeITFC

How would you describe 11 shots aimed to the head of an unarmed, mis-identified man who was restrained on a tube train if it isn't murder?

Given that he was thought to have an explosive device on him at the time, which could have been detonated in a tube train, I would describe it as entirely appropriate.

Do you seriously think the police just decided to kill him for the fun of it, knowing all the stick they would get for it? The officers who did it thought he was a suicided bomber. The mis-identification was the problem but the subsequent action was exactly what I would want for a suicide bomber!
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:07 - Jul 22 with 3176 viewsEireannach_gorm

I think the killing was considerably more outrageous than the OP.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:10 - Jul 22 with 3161 viewsLibero

Hampster is fast turning into the panto villain of the site.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:13 - Jul 22 with 3156 viewsmonytowbray

Murder?

This is a proper Bootlicker post. 👞

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:21 - Jul 22 with 3121 viewsJakeITFC

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:03 - Jul 22 by RegencyBlue

Given that he was thought to have an explosive device on him at the time, which could have been detonated in a tube train, I would describe it as entirely appropriate.

Do you seriously think the police just decided to kill him for the fun of it, knowing all the stick they would get for it? The officers who did it thought he was a suicided bomber. The mis-identification was the problem but the subsequent action was exactly what I would want for a suicide bomber!

Well I guess my point is that they didn't get much 'stick' for it - seeing as they murdered a bloke and the person in charge of the operation has now be promoted to the top job.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:23 - Jul 22 with 3111 viewsLibero

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:03 - Jul 22 by RegencyBlue

I'm sure the family will take much comfort from your wise and balanced words.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:26 - Jul 22 with 3093 viewssparks

In fairness- that is surely to be assumed...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:52 - Jul 22 with 3026 viewseireblue

The inquest decided not to return one of the two options, i.e. it was a lawful killing, was not the outcome.

The IPCC report was very critical of the police command structure and the subsequent public “communications”.

The Met were found guilty of endangering the public.

So not I would suggest “utterly outrageous”.

Luckily, the police aren’t held to account by you chatting to a couple ex-copper buddies.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:53 - Jul 22 with 3014 viewsFtnfwest

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:45 - Jul 22 by JakeITFC

If he was mis-identified they couldn't have set out to murder him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024