Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if we give PRP all 5 years 10:57 - Jul 22 with 734 viewsBluefish

do you think Bury AFC can pass us in the pyramid?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

if we give PRP all 5 years on 10:58 - Jul 22 with 727 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yes.
if we give PRP all 5 years on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 702 viewsGeoffSentence

There's half a chance that Bury Town could.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

if we give PRP all 5 years on 11:12 - Jul 22 with 698 viewsGeoffSentence

Funnily enough there was some bloke on the Today programme rattling on about giving manager's time to build and how those managers who are given time are generally quite successful.

I think he forgot two things:

1. They get given time because they are not cr@p
2. They enjoy success because they are not cr@p

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

if we give PRP all 5 years on 12:56 - Jul 22 with 638 viewspatrickswell

if we give PRP all 5 years on 11:12 - Jul 22 by GeoffSentence

Funnily enough there was some bloke on the Today programme rattling on about giving manager's time to build and how those managers who are given time are generally quite successful.

Take McCarthy out of the equation and the performance of the managers we have had since Jim left has to be the worst run of results, form and placing that we’ve seen in our history. It’s been like perpetually reliving Jackie Milburn’s tenure as manager, except with more money spent at the outset and at a lower level of football in the later stages.
if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:05 - Jul 22 with 604 viewsJDB23

if we give PRP all 5 years on 11:12 - Jul 22 by GeoffSentence

Yes which is why I hate that argument, especially when they usually go on to reference Wenger and Sir Alex. I wonder if they would have been given 20 years at their clubs if they had relegated them and finished mid table in the second division.

Plenty of examples of teams out there who have had success with hire and fire strategies. This is why modern clubs need a solid structure to them that is persistent no matter who the manager is, something which ME has failed to address in his time here.
if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:36 - Jul 22 with 572 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If Evans remains the clubs owner then yes.
if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:39 - Jul 22 with 565 viewsBluefish

if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:36 - Jul 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

If Evans remains the clubs owner then yes.

Doubt it mate. Evans went over a decade without a relegation at Ipswich until Shambo turned up.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:45 - Jul 22 with 560 viewstextbackup

I’d say the Kitchener FC will probably surpass us also

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:49 - Jul 22 with 539 viewsMach_foreignBlue

if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:39 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

Doubt it mate. Evans went over a decade without a relegation at Ipswich until Shambo turned up.

Went over a decade but it couldn't last forever. His policy led us to where we are now. It'll take far quicker to get relegated to League Two though.
if we give PRP all 5 years on 14:40 - Jul 22 with 490 viewspatrickswell

if we give PRP all 5 years on 13:05 - Jul 22 by JDB23

Yes which is why I hate that argument, especially when they usually go on to reference Wenger and Sir Alex. I wonder if they would have been given 20 years at their clubs if they had relegated them and finished mid table in the second division.

Plenty of examples of teams out there who have had success with hire and fire strategies. This is why modern clubs need a solid structure to them that is persistent no matter who the manager is, something which ME has failed to address in his time here.

I think that giving managers time is ideal, but the challenge for managers is to keep things ticking over either until the team is moulded or "successful", or you reach a point where you think, "This isn't happening, a change of thinking may be needed." You have to factor in some allowances i.e. Bobby Ferguson having players sold left, right and centre in the top flight etc, but we were blessed up until the arrival of Keane by the fact that all our managers, except for Jackie Milburn, set a baseline. Some went on to promotions and trophies, others hit glass ceilings. But Keane, Jewell and Hurst pitched us into crisis after crisis and Lambert looks to be going the same way.
if we give PRP all 5 years on 14:53 - Jul 22 with 470 viewsmidastouch

5 more years of Lambert and I fear we'll be dead and Buryied AFC (A Forgotten Cause)! ;-)

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024