Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PMQs 13:35 - Jul 22 with 3868 viewsBlueNomad

What a malignant buffoon we have “leading” the country. His performance today was appalling, looking for jokes about the Russia Report, banging on about Brexit being the will of the people instead of acknowledging the government’s “mistakes” and generally giving the full clown repertoire. I can understand some people share his (loose) ideology but I cannot understand those who like him or think he’s doing a good job.

I never thought my dislike of Thatcher would be surpassed but he has managed it. Her saving grace was that she was competent in the role and attached gravity to it.
PMQs on 14:22 - Jul 22 with 2513 viewseireblue

There was a school of though that it requires a competent opposition, otherwise you get very bad government.

In which case, Thatchers government being competent must have been as a result of the Labour Party.

The opposition now is widely held to be much better than under JC.

The government is not any better.

So I think we can put that theory to bed.

The reason this government is really bad, is that they are an awful bunch of politicians, from a party that has managed to be consistently bad over 10 years, whilst in office.
PMQs on 14:25 - Jul 22 with 2504 viewsStokieBlue

PMQs on 14:22 - Jul 22 by eireblue

There was a school of though that it requires a competent opposition, otherwise you get very bad government.

In which case, Thatchers government being competent must have been as a result of the Labour Party.

The reason this government is really bad, is that they are an awful bunch of politicians, from a party that has managed to be consistently bad over 10 years, whilst in office.

Well they also have a massive majority so they can essentially ignore the opposition so it's not quite a fair comparison.

Certainly an awful bunch though as you correctly point out.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

PMQs on 14:26 - Jul 22 with 2501 viewsdominiciawful

Boooris Johnson is a wãnker, is a wãnker

Boooris Johnson is a wãnker, is a wãnker

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

PMQs on 14:29 - Jul 22 with 2489 viewstractordownsouth

My favourite bit was when Eton-educated, defender of the banks Boris Johnson, who used to live in Islington until he cheated on his last wife, accusing self-made Keir Starmer who doesn’t live there of being part of the “Islington Elite”

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

PMQs on 14:32 - Jul 22 with 2465 viewsfooters

PMQs on 14:29 - Jul 22 by tractordownsouth

My favourite bit was when Eton-educated, defender of the banks Boris Johnson, who used to live in Islington until he cheated on his last wife, accusing self-made Keir Starmer who doesn’t live there of being part of the “Islington Elite”

"Islington Remainer", wasn't it? Which I thought was the icing on the cake considering Johnson was neither really but just used it as a political stalking horse.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

PMQs on 14:38 - Jul 22 with 2457 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn't see it, but I've seen a few of Boris' quotes being reported. Seems like satire to me. Hard to believe a PM of this country could say some of those things in Parliament.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PMQs on 14:40 - Jul 22 with 2449 viewsreusersfreekicks

Worst PM by far of my lifetime. And i go back to Wilson/Heath era. Along with the worst American president ever/for hundreds of years, the most oppressive Russian/Soviet leader since the 1970s and a regression in Chinese freedoms the political world is diasterous.
PMQs on 14:41 - Jul 22 with 2440 viewsPJH

PMQs on 14:40 - Jul 22 by reusersfreekicks

Worst PM by far of my lifetime. And i go back to Wilson/Heath era. Along with the worst American president ever/for hundreds of years, the most oppressive Russian/Soviet leader since the 1970s and a regression in Chinese freedoms the political world is diasterous.

and on top of all that ITFC finished mid table in the third division.
Login to get fewer ads

PMQs on 14:43 - Jul 22 with 2425 viewsfooters

PMQs on 14:41 - Jul 22 by PJH

and on top of all that ITFC finished mid table in the third division.

PJH for PM! He'd enrich ITFC through the back door.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

PMQs on 14:50 - Jul 22 with 2410 viewsSomethingBlue

But LOL he called Starmer a flip flop, good laugh isn't he!

Sadly that is what will cut through to an overwhelming number of people in Britain 2020, if anything at all does.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

PMQs on 14:51 - Jul 22 with 2404 viewsitfcjoe

PMQs on 14:22 - Jul 22 by eireblue

There have been 4 or 5 U Turns already from the Govt because of pressure from the opposition, and that is when they have an 80 seat majority and shouldn't be feeling any pressue from the opposition

So a better opposition, which we have, is helping - unfortunately the last one were so bad there is so much to do to try and even get back into the game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PMQs on 14:51 - Jul 22 with 2397 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Theresa May was unbeatable in the useless stakes. Nobody has been more hopeless.

And let's not forget Gordon Brown. Or John Major.

As for Kier Starmer I've never seen a more charmless man in British politics. Does he ever smile? Does he have a sense of humour? A man destined for the political dustbin in a few years, like his clone Ed Milliband.

If Boris extracts us from the EU on WTO terms he'll always get a thumbs up from me.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

PMQs on 15:07 - Jul 22 with 2368 viewsBiGDonnie

PMQs on 14:50 - Jul 22 by SomethingBlue

But LOL he called Starmer a flip flop, good laugh isn't he!

Sadly that is what will cut through to an overwhelming number of people in Britain 2020, if anything at all does.

Did he really? He's certainly got my backing now.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

PMQs on 15:09 - Jul 22 with 2363 viewsSwansea_Blue

PMQs on 14:43 - Jul 22 by footers

PJH for PM! He'd enrich ITFC through the back door.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PMQs on 15:18 - Jul 22 with 2337 viewsusm

Hahaha

Gordon Brown

That is all

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

PMQs on 15:28 - Jul 22 with 2303 viewsHerbivore

PMQs on 15:18 - Jul 22 by usm

Hahaha

Gordon Brown

That is all

Gordon Brown was far more capable and competent than this charlatan. Johnson can't even deliver a decent one liner anymore, which was his only discernable skill to begin with.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PMQs on 15:32 - Jul 22 with 2284 viewsSpruceMoose

PMQs on 15:18 - Jul 22 by usm

Hahaha

Gordon Brown

That is all

Hahaha

USM

That is all

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

PMQs on 15:50 - Jul 22 with 2250 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Corbyn.....

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

PMQs on 15:55 - Jul 22 with 2237 viewstractordownsouth

PMQs on 14:51 - Jul 22 by The_Last_Baron

Theresa May was unbeatable in the useless stakes. Nobody has been more hopeless.

As for Kier Starmer I've never seen a more charmless man in British politics. Does he ever smile? Does he have a sense of humour? A man destined for the political dustbin in a few years, like his clone Ed Milliband.

If Boris extracts us from the EU on WTO terms he'll always get a thumbs up from me.

Are you telling us those financial benefits of moving from a deal with the EU to WTO yet?

I assume they're similar to the financial benefits of Town being in League 1 rather than the Premier League?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

PMQs on 16:17 - Jul 22 with 2194 viewseireblue

PMQs on 14:51 - Jul 22 by itfcjoe

There have been 4 or 5 U Turns already from the Govt because of pressure from the opposition, and that is when they have an 80 seat majority and shouldn't be feeling any pressue from the opposition

So a better opposition, which we have, is helping - unfortunately the last one were so bad there is so much to do to try and even get back into the game

Hmmm, not sure those U-Turns have been as a result of opposition pressure, School meals (media/Rashford), Migrant Health Worker Tax (Tory back benches) dropping track and trace app, and return to schools (incompetence).

Boris is still going strong on other critical stuff.
PMQs on 16:23 - Jul 22 with 2178 viewsBlueNomad

Hoorah! He’s back!

I would be careful in tying yourself to the mast of this lot. It hints of support for buffoonery and general nastiness, incompetence over competence and (unless you are extremely wealthy) policies intended to limit democracy and cause massive economic difficulties. Trying to defend them in this context is lamentable.
PMQs on 16:24 - Jul 22 with 2177 viewsGeoffSentence

I joined that zoom call when KS talked with the people of Ipswich and I was very impressed with him. He certainly wasn't charmless, indeed he was quite charismatic. He listened well and spoke well, I got a bit of a man crush on him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

PMQs on 16:26 - Jul 22 with 2167 viewspointofblue

May was hurt by a lack of large majority and no real support from Remainers or Brexiteers - every time she turned she got a knife in her back. I’d certainly prefer her in charge now over Johnson, not that that is much of a recommendation.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

PMQs on 16:34 - Jul 22 with 2137 viewsThe_Last_Baron

PMQs on 16:26 - Jul 22 by pointofblue

May was hurt by a lack of large majority and no real support from Remainers or Brexiteers - every time she turned she got a knife in her back. I’d certainly prefer her in charge now over Johnson, not that that is much of a recommendation.

Of course you'd prefer May, a woman who bent over backwards to give the EU exactly what they wanted. With David Frost, Big Dom and BJ leading the charge now instead of Ollie and May, the EU are on the back foot. Also no 50 pound billion bail out from the UK taxpayer for the Covid 19 bailout which would have been the case had we still been in.

May took the Tories to such depths they managed an impressive 9% in the European elections. She was no Conservative.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

PMQs on 16:35 - Jul 22 with 2127 viewsSpruceMoose

PMQs on 16:34 - Jul 22 by The_Last_Baron

Of course you'd prefer May, a woman who bent over backwards to give the EU exactly what they wanted. With David Frost, Big Dom and BJ leading the charge now instead of Ollie and May, the EU are on the back foot. Also no 50 pound billion bail out from the UK taxpayer for the Covid 19 bailout which would have been the case had we still been in.

May took the Tories to such depths they managed an impressive 9% in the European elections. She was no Conservative.

Lol.

Go o then, tell us what May was politically if not a Conservative?

This will be good.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024