Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lankester has filled out a bit 20:13 - Jul 22 with 5435 viewsBluefish

any news if Keane or Rowe have been invited back to train?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:19 - Jul 22 with 4307 viewsDubtractor

Both pointless, so lets hope not.

Already have a squad with too many average players who don't contribute enough. I'd rather we use that squad space/budget on trying someone new.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:20 - Jul 22 with 4298 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Was thinking that when I saw a video of him earlier, looks more like a senior pro now.

Shame Dozzell hasn’t followed suit.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:26 - Jul 22 with 4263 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:19 - Jul 22 by Dubtractor

Already have a squad with too many average players who don't contribute enough. I'd rather we use that squad space/budget on trying someone new.

Couldn’t agree more.

Would actually like to trim it, but don’t think it’s going to happen in this market.

I read somewhere that 20+ players now have 12 months or less remaining on their contract. Would imagine we will see our biggest reshuffling of the pack next year.

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:41 - Jul 22 with 4192 viewsBluefish

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:19 - Jul 22 by Dubtractor

Keane definitely has talent and has the pedigree to be worth some decent money one day. We are also very short on strikers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lankester has filled out a bit on 21:00 - Jul 22 with 4138 viewsDubtractor

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:41 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

Keane definitely has talent and has the pedigree to be worth some decent money one day. We are also very short on strikers

He has a little bit of technical ability, but absolutely no application of it at all.

I won't bother quoting his career stats as you are well aware by now, and he is now 27 so not exactly a kid with potential waiting to be unleashed.

We need another striker, he isn't the answer though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lankester has filled out a bit on 21:06 - Jul 22 with 4118 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'll always remember the transformation Dalian Atkinson went through during a close season once.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 21:12 - Jul 22 with 4079 viewssparks

Lankester has filled out a bit on 21:00 - Jul 22 by Dubtractor

He has a little bit of technical ability, but absolutely no application of it at all.

I won't bother quoting his career stats as you are well aware by now, and he is now 27 so not exactly a kid with potential waiting to be unleashed.

We need another striker, he isn't the answer though.

There were moments last season when he looked like he could be very fine indeed if used properly. But at the end of the day, his record at 27 is frankly abysmal- and he is worth keeping only on a modest journeyman L1 contract until that changes.

Just checked on soccerbase. 15 goals. Not his best season. Not since with us. In his career. As a striker. He is 28 in January. 6 of those 15 were last season. Across the best part of 30 appearances. In L1 and lower level competitions.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 21:35 - Jul 22 with 3993 viewseireblue

Lankester has filled out a bit on 21:12 - Jul 22 by sparks

There were moments last season when he looked like he could be very fine indeed if used properly. But at the end of the day, his record at 27 is frankly abysmal- and he is worth keeping only on a modest journeyman L1 contract until that changes.

Just checked on soccerbase. 15 goals. Not his best season. Not since with us. In his career. As a striker. He is 28 in January. 6 of those 15 were last season. Across the best part of 30 appearances. In L1 and lower level competitions.

So what you are saying is, his form has dramatically improved with us.

I think PL may take note of that up tick in performance.
Login to get fewer ads

Lankester has filled out a bit on 19:46 - Jul 23 with 3544 viewsBlueBadger

Keane is a poor man's Priskin. Tall, looks good on the ball. Does nothing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 19:49 - Jul 23 with 3526 viewsWarkystache

Lankester has filled out a bit on 19:46 - Jul 23 by BlueBadger

Keane is a poor man's Priskin. Tall, looks good on the ball. Does nothing.

Priskin weren't bad. Do you mean Sam Parkin?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Lankester has filled out a bit on 19:57 - Jul 23 with 3494 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Keane has talent, you don’t make it through Manchester United’s academy without it.

However, he’s now 27, had 7 different clubs, and hasn’t made more than 25 appearances for a club before coming to us. He’s also never scored more than 3 goals for a club before joining us. He’s injury prone, he’ll be on good money. Not worth him returning unless he really would take a hit to his demands. Not willing to pay his current wage is probably why we released him.

I can see him looking for a club elsewhere, not finding one and is taking him late on on less wages.

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:08 - Jul 23 with 3462 viewssparks

Lankester has filled out a bit on 19:57 - Jul 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Keane has talent, you don’t make it through Manchester United’s academy without it.

However, he’s now 27, had 7 different clubs, and hasn’t made more than 25 appearances for a club before coming to us. He’s also never scored more than 3 goals for a club before joining us. He’s injury prone, he’ll be on good money. Not worth him returning unless he really would take a hit to his demands. Not willing to pay his current wage is probably why we released him.

I can see him looking for a club elsewhere, not finding one and is taking him late on on less wages.

A man who has managed 15 professional goals as a striker at the age of 27, ought to be paying us tbh...

Journeyman league 1 wages, unless or until he demonstrates he is worth more.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:29 - Jul 23 with 3408 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lankester has filled out a bit on 20:08 - Jul 23 by sparks

A man who has managed 15 professional goals as a striker at the age of 27, ought to be paying us tbh...

Journeyman league 1 wages, unless or until he demonstrates he is worth more.

I think that would be fair

Lankester has filled out a bit on 21:18 - Jul 23 with 3309 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lankester has filled out a bit on 19:57 - Jul 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Had. Had talent. The world outside football is with academy players who didn't make it. He's just about hung on and made a career so far, but the way he's played for us tells you all you need to know about his future.

That's why we've let him go for a second time and will only go back if we're desperate, knowing he'll still be available (unless we're just pulling a fast one on the finances, which tbf is likely as well). If we really valued him, we'd have tied him down though, imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know how he feels. on 21:25 - Jul 23 with 3285 viewsjeera

nt

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 23:19 - Jul 23 with 3120 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I'd 100% take Keane back..Was proving fitness last season. Unfortunately our service was woeful.

I wouldn't push the boat out on wages though like i expect we have done before for him.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lankester has filled out a bit on 00:16 - Jul 24 with 3040 viewssparks

Lankester has filled out a bit on 23:19 - Jul 23 by Terry_Nutkins

I'd 100% take Keane back..Was proving fitness last season. Unfortunately our service was woeful.

I wouldn't push the boat out on wages though like i expect we have done before for him.

Pushing 28. 15 professional goals. FIFTEEN!

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:05 - Jul 24 with 2830 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Lankester has filled out a bit on 00:16 - Jul 24 by sparks

Pushing 28. 15 professional goals. FIFTEEN!

But he offers more than that, his technical play is excellent and he stayed fit for almost all of last season, something which he hasn't really done for a while.

I would take him back.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:13 - Jul 24 with 2813 viewssparks

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:05 - Jul 24 by JammyDodgerrr

But he offers more than that, his technical play is excellent and he stayed fit for almost all of last season, something which he hasn't really done for a while.

I would take him back.

He is a striker. He has scored 15 goals in his entire career.

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:39 - Jul 24 with 2765 viewsStokieBlue

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:05 - Jul 24 by JammyDodgerrr

I would take him back.

How many assists did he offer?

This isn't like Didz who basically runs the show without scoring a lot. Keane just isn't very good possibly not helped because he can never stay fit.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:39 - Jul 24 with 2764 viewstextbackup

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:13 - Jul 24 by sparks

He is a striker. He has scored 15 goals in his entire career.

so in keeping with broken pointless players we buy/keep he's perfect

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:41 - Jul 24 with 2762 viewsitfcjoe

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:39 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

How many assists did he offer?

This isn't like Didz who basically runs the show without scoring a lot. Keane just isn't very good possibly not helped because he can never stay fit.

SB

He can look quality, but too often we didn't play to his strengths.

There is no point having him back here if we aren't going to try and play football, rather than knocking long balls into him

One performance from us as a team and him as an individual was Coventry away, around that time with Dozzell starting a few games he was having a bit of a purple patch with goals - but we soon reverted back to 352 and hitting long balls

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:46 - Jul 24 with 2744 viewsStokieBlue

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:41 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

He can look quality, but too often we didn't play to his strengths.

There is no point having him back here if we aren't going to try and play football, rather than knocking long balls into him

One performance from us as a team and him as an individual was Coventry away, around that time with Dozzell starting a few games he was having a bit of a purple patch with goals - but we soon reverted back to 352 and hitting long balls

The issue is here that if you take that stance then 7 teams haven't played to his strengths given his failure at those clubs as well.

When looked at in that way it seems to lean more towards him simply not making it rather than a criticism of approach.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:48 - Jul 24 with 2736 viewsitfcjoe

Lankester has filled out a bit on 09:46 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

The issue is here that if you take that stance then 7 teams haven't played to his strengths given his failure at those clubs as well.

When looked at in that way it seems to lean more towards him simply not making it rather than a criticism of approach.

SB

His body has let him down in the vast majority of those spells though, whereas he did stay mostly fit last season.

Some are just short loan spells where we don't know the history of.

He's a very talented footballer, and if someone can get it right with him he could be very good for them - but it is looking unlikely to happen for him now he is 27, and less unlikely us doing it with such a mish mash approach even when he was in the building

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lankester has filled out a bit on 10:03 - Jul 24 with 2710 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What pedigree? Because he was at Manchester United once?
So was Lee Martin.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024