Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Jones at Luton Town 20:54 - Jul 22 with 1717 viewsChrisd

He’s done an incredible job since his return, Luton look like they’re going to avoid the drop.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 21:01 - Jul 22 with 1679 viewshoppy

Thanks also go to Blackburn this evening...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 21:13 - Jul 22 with 1636 viewsChrisd

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 21:01 - Jul 22 by hoppy

Thanks also go to Blackburn this evening...

True Hoppy, but his team has still had to get the results over the last 8/9 games to get in the position they are now. Makes our effort last season even more embarrassing when sides like Luton and Barnsley make a better fist of avoiding relegation than what our shambles could muster.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 05:58 - Jul 23 with 1495 viewsYallop

I wonder how their fans feel about him. If they've forgiven him for previously walking out.
Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 06:26 - Jul 23 with 1478 viewsbrogansnose

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 05:58 - Jul 23 by Yallop

I wonder how their fans feel about him. If they've forgiven him for previously walking out.

I haven't forgiven Evans for not replacing Lambert with him when we had chance. Come to that, giving him the job in the first place over Hurst.
Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 07:17 - Jul 23 with 1447 viewsElderGrizzly

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 06:26 - Jul 23 by brogansnose

I haven't forgiven Evans for not replacing Lambert with him when we had chance. Come to that, giving him the job in the first place over Hurst.

Agree. He was my choice pre-Hurst. He was available had we had the guts to sack Lambert too.

Stoke was a mess and he never stood a chance there given some of the player stories coming out
Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:08 - Jul 23 with 1389 viewspointofblue

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 07:17 - Jul 23 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. He was my choice pre-Hurst. He was available had we had the guts to sack Lambert too.

Stoke was a mess and he never stood a chance there given some of the player stories coming out

O’Neill has managed to stabilise the though, despite the 5-0 thrashing at Leeds which seemed to cost them. I wonder if Jones might just fit Luton like a glove and would struggle elsewhere.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:30 - Jul 23 with 1366 viewsitfcjoe

Could the same be said re Lambert with Stoke though, as that is really the only failure on his CV pre coming to us?

A poster on here who has been well connected in the past suggested that Jones' agent approached Evans in December when it looked as though PL may get the boot

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:35 - Jul 23 with 1351 viewsITFC_Forever

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:30 - Jul 23 by itfcjoe

Could the same be said re Lambert with Stoke though, as that is really the only failure on his CV pre coming to us?

A poster on here who has been well connected in the past suggested that Jones' agent approached Evans in December when it looked as though PL may get the boot

Lambert failed at Villa as well - although they were a basket case at the time to be fair.

With regard to Jones, my Stoke fan mate hates him with a passion.... I take great delight in winding him that he's doing ok now he's left them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:51 - Jul 23 with 1308 viewsitfcjoe

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:35 - Jul 23 by ITFC_Forever

Lambert failed at Villa as well - although they were a basket case at the time to be fair.

With regard to Jones, my Stoke fan mate hates him with a passion.... I take great delight in winding him that he's doing ok now he's left them.

Did he fail though? Cut £10m+ of the wage bill and kept them up for 2 seasons wilst making small profit in player trading.

They were a club who post O'Neill were giving up, Lerner wanted out.

Dreadful run up until his sacking but he had to go, but look at them since, they were just circling the plughole once Lerner pulled out his backing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 09:06 - Jul 23 with 1270 viewsBloomBlue

Stoke are a big club some managers are better at managing smaller clubs, maybe Jones is a small club manager.
Also some managers fit within one club better than any other clubs Eddie Howe is another (potential) example of that. It certainly seems that his failure at Burnley has put a few clubs off ie Arsenal
Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 09:20 - Jul 23 with 1248 viewspatrickswell

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:51 - Jul 23 by itfcjoe

Did he fail though? Cut £10m+ of the wage bill and kept them up for 2 seasons wilst making small profit in player trading.

Dreadful run up until his sacking but he had to go, but look at them since, they were just circling the plughole once Lerner pulled out his backing

He’s a busted flush, Joe. He helped stabilise Wolves after Kenny Jackett left and their new investors came in. They took a good look at him and decided, “No, we’re not letting him spend our money.”

As with Paul Jewell, whatever he once had which was able to make him a success has long gone. And because we’re owned by the Stupidest Man in Football we’re going to have to suffer his decline until Evans feels fan pressure bearing down on him..
Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 09:27 - Jul 23 with 1229 viewsITFC_Forever

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 08:51 - Jul 23 by itfcjoe

I guess the circumstances weren't ideal, and Villa were disaster area at the time - appointing the likes of Lambert and McLeish while pulling funding from the transfer budget was never going to go well.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 09:31 - Jul 23 with 1210 viewsITFC_Forever

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 09:06 - Jul 23 by BloomBlue

Stoke are a big club some managers are better at managing smaller clubs, maybe Jones is a small club manager.
Also some managers fit within one club better than any other clubs Eddie Howe is another (potential) example of that. It certainly seems that his failure at Burnley has put a few clubs off ie Arsenal

Dare I say Jones could be another Hurst?

Does well with smaller clubs, but can't step up.

The thing with Jones (and Jack Ross at Sunderland for that matter) was he had a reputation for good football, lots of goals etc. But when they got a job at a big club, they abandoned that and went too cautious.

Stoke are another club who have made a succession of appointments that haven't worked out - Hughes, Lambert, Rowett and Jones. Those managers wasted an enormous amount of money on players with awful attitudes who couldn't give a monkey's about the club.
They were in serious danger of going down for a while.

Picking one... Tom Ince is a typical example of this. He was a very promising youngster at Blackpool, but made a succession of poor choices chasing the money to clubs where he got away with barely lifting a finger in effort.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 09:56 - Jul 23 with 1167 viewsChrisd

Nathan Jones at Luton Town on 05:58 - Jul 23 by Yallop

After last night's survival, I doubt there are many Luton fans that haven't forgiven him. I'm sure they were sceptical when he rejoined, but an average of 1.78 points per game and 1 defeat in the last 9 league games speaks volumes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024