Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Pulisic the best ever American player? 21:47 - Jul 22 with 4164 viewsMercian

He has been superb since he came on and his dragged Chelsea back into the match. He has been excellent since the restart.
Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:23 - Jul 22 with 3528 viewsTrequartista

He's up there with Captain Robert Hatch

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:38 - Jul 22 with 3491 viewsBluefish

Better than Karbassiyoon?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:40 - Jul 22 with 3494 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Better than Alexi Lalas ?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 22:41]
Don't let Megan Rapinoe hear that.... on 22:42 - Jul 22 with 3478 viewsBloots

....she'll rip your nuts off.

(and then tell you that you're a sexist homophobe probably)

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:43 - Jul 22 with 3481 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think he will be, talent wise he certainly looks like it. Record wise probably Clint Dempsey still pips him.

Ironically Dortmund have another American youngsters called Giovanni Reyna who looks incredibly talented as well (son of Claudio Reyna).

USA also have Timothy Weah of (Lille) who looks a good prospect son of George.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 22:43]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:49 - Jul 22 with 3454 viewsMattinLondon

Also thought Landon Donovan was a very good player but after just looking him up he didn’t seem to have much success outside of the MLS.
Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:54 - Jul 22 with 3443 viewsMercian

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:43 - Jul 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think he will be, talent wise he certainly looks like it. Record wise probably Clint Dempsey still pips him.

Ironically Dortmund have another American youngsters called Giovanni Reyna who looks incredibly talented as well (son of Claudio Reyna).

I've seen Reyna, he's good. I watched Dortmund with an English born front 3, only one of which was English.
Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 23:24 - Jul 22 with 3406 viewsCanadianBlue

Rude of you to misspell Freddy Adu. The man, the legend.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 23:28 - Jul 22 with 3398 viewsMercian

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 23:24 - Jul 22 by CanadianBlue

Rude of you to misspell Freddy Adu. The man, the legend.

There are failed wonderkids and then there is Freddy Adu.
Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 05:12 - Jul 23 with 3329 viewsCanadianBlue

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 23:28 - Jul 22 by Mercian

There are failed wonderkids and then there is Freddy Adu.

Always hard to say what the cause of his failed potential was - overhype by the media to revive a dying league? Bad club moves? Unfortunate luck with numerous manager turnovers? Poor player attitude?
Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 07:18 - Jul 23 with 3292 viewsKeno

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:43 - Jul 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

But is Tim Weah as good as his dads cousin was at Southampton??

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 07:27 - Jul 23 with 3282 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:49 - Jul 22 by MattinLondon

Also thought Landon Donovan was a very good player but after just looking him up he didn’t seem to have much success outside of the MLS.

He had a good spell at Everton right?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 08:52 - Jul 23 with 3203 viewsKeaneish

Nope. Freddy Adu, “the next Pele...”

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:10 - Jul 23 with 3178 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 07:18 - Jul 23 by Keno

But is Tim Weah as good as his dads cousin was at Southampton??

Ali Dia.

What a story that is by the way.

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:14 - Jul 23 with 3172 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 07:27 - Jul 23 by JammyDodgerrr

He had a good spell at Everton right?

He had a little spell at Everton, but wasn’t all that productive.

If you ask any Yank they will still say Landon Donavan is their greatest ever player, he was one of best players in the MLS, and is USA joint highest goal scorer.

Always get wary about someone like that being the best ever American, when they’ve rarely floated further afield than the MLS. Very similar to Jozy Altidore, got great pedigree in the MLS and National Team, failed at Sunderland.

I think that is what will set Pulisic apart, and Clint Dempsey.

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:30 - Jul 23 with 3158 viewsFarmerpiles

So far probably yes. I'm old enough to remember Roy Wegerle, played for QPR, very skillful striker. Got a big money move to Blackburn in old Div 2 but was then sidelined by some bloke called Alan Shearer in the Prem.
Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:38 - Jul 23 with 3144 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:14 - Jul 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

If you ask any Yank they will still say Landon Donavan is their greatest ever player, he was one of best players in the MLS, and is USA joint highest goal scorer.

Always get wary about someone like that being the best ever American, when they’ve rarely floated further afield than the MLS. Very similar to Jozy Altidore, got great pedigree in the MLS and National Team, failed at Sunderland.

I feel the same about Messi - obviously he is one of the best ever but only done it in Spain and not internationally or challenged elsewhere.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 10:11 - Jul 23 with 3116 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:14 - Jul 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Agree with most of that, and think Pulisic looks like he will go onto being another level compared to Dempsey

I’d also throw Tim Howard and Brad Friedel into the mix as being at a similar level to Dempsey - both having long careers as top GK’s in the PL and probably in the top 20/30 in the world for long periods

I’m probably forgetting someone but it’s interesting that most of the US players that have been successful in Europe have done so in England, presumably down to the shared language

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 10:15 - Jul 23 with 3119 viewsChrisd

He looks a terrific player, could he fill Hazard's boots if given time? He certainly makes things happen.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 12:34 - Jul 23 with 3054 viewsKeno

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:10 - Jul 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Ali Dia.

What a story that is by the way.

that's the one!!

you really couldn't make that up could you

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 12:45 - Jul 23 with 3043 viewsMullet

No mention of John Harkes in this thread.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 13:18 - Jul 23 with 3002 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 10:11 - Jul 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree with most of that, and think Pulisic looks like he will go onto being another level compared to Dempsey

I’d also throw Tim Howard and Brad Friedel into the mix as being at a similar level to Dempsey - both having long careers as top GK’s in the PL and probably in the top 20/30 in the world for long periods

I’m probably forgetting someone but it’s interesting that most of the US players that have been successful in Europe have done so in England, presumably down to the shared language

Yeah I think Howard & Friedel are fair shouts, think Goalkeepers tend to get overlooked when talking about 'best ever' players, but they are right in there for this conversation.

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 13:22 - Jul 23 with 2988 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 09:38 - Jul 23 by JammyDodgerrr

I feel the same about Messi - obviously he is one of the best ever but only done it in Spain and not internationally or challenged elsewhere.

I understand that argument, especially when comparing to Ronaldo. But he's so consistent, both domestically and a European level. Will always receive the international argument but he's still the GOAT for me.

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:41 - Jul 23 with 2887 viewsmonty_radio

Just trying to recall what, if any, Americans Town have had.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 00:04 - Jul 24 with 2859 viewsmarchy

Is Pulisic the best ever American player? on 22:41 - Jul 23 by monty_radio

Just trying to recall what, if any, Americans Town have had.

Danny Karbassiyoon and Devann Yao...absolute luminaries both!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 0:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024