Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp. 22:57 - Jul 22 with 1163 viewsMercian

The man has turned very good players into world class stars. Salah, Van Dijk, Allison Becker, Mane, Robertson and arguably even Henderson.
Klopp. on 23:56 - Jul 22 with 1108 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair Alison was the world's most expensive keeper, and Van Dyke was the world's most expensive defender...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Klopp. on 07:51 - Jul 23 with 996 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Van Dijk and Allison were already World Class. Salah maybe as well but I think he elevated him further again or at least put him into an ideal counter attacking scenario for his game.

He's done briiliantly Klopp. The team give everything for him and their consitency is unreal.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Klopp. on 09:59 - Jul 23 with 940 viewsPendejo

Klopp. on 23:56 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair Alison was the world's most expensive keeper, and Van Dyke was the world's most expensive defender...

OP still stands. Klopp made them both the most expensive players in their positions, then Van Dijk especially, made them even better.

I think Klopp should prove how good a manager he is by eschewing Premier League wealth and trying his hand at 3rd tier level, ideally with a team from East Anglia with a name beginning with a vowel.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Klopp. on 10:18 - Jul 23 with 920 viewsTractorWood

Klopp. on 09:59 - Jul 23 by Pendejo

OP still stands. Klopp made them both the most expensive players in their positions, then Van Dijk especially, made them even better.

I think Klopp should prove how good a manager he is by eschewing Premier League wealth and trying his hand at 3rd tier level, ideally with a team from East Anglia with a name beginning with a vowel.

Not sure if it's me being defeatist or the last 15+ years of following us, I honestly don't think he could get us promoted.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Klopp. on 10:33 - Jul 23 with 902 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ipswich Wanderers?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Klopp. on 10:38 - Jul 23 with 890 viewsKeno

Klopp has done what a manager should do,. made the team play better than the sum total of the individual parts and in so doing made the individual players better.

I would argue the last Town to do that consistently was Burley, Mick did at times.

The current Town "manager' (I use that word reluctantly) has singularly failed in that respect especially last season when in theory a completely incompetent idiot (or Roy Keane remembering his quote) could have got us finishing higher than 11th

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Klopp. on 10:40 - Jul 23 with 887 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think the fact that they were both the most expensive players in the world in their positions puts them at a little better than 'very good'.

He's done a fantastic job, but its not exactly a Leicester City story.

I also think Keita cost as much if not more than Man City have paid for any midfielder.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 10:41]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Klopp. on 11:36 - Jul 23 with 829 viewsDarth_Koont

Klopp. on 10:38 - Jul 23 by Keno

Klopp has done what a manager should do,. made the team play better than the sum total of the individual parts and in so doing made the individual players better.

I would argue the last Town to do that consistently was Burley, Mick did at times.

The current Town "manager' (I use that word reluctantly) has singularly failed in that respect especially last season when in theory a completely incompetent idiot (or Roy Keane remembering his quote) could have got us finishing higher than 11th

Indeed. Royle and Magilton before the money came in.

And there's something particularly gratifying about seeing a team be better than they are on paper. Of course, I'd take promotion with an expensive side but Burley's promotion and initial Premier League success was worth far more.

Stands to reason that for every team that's better than it is on paper there are more teams that are average or worse. But barring Mick's tenure, the Evans era is characterised by teams that have been much worse on that score.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 12:19]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024